Okay… okay. I think the 101 - 102 degree fever + lack of sleep from the coughing fits + this wackadoodle medication that I keep tripping balls on is just… the worst thing. It’s worn off and my fever broke so I’m somewhat sane at the moment, but it’s been a wild ride BOI LEMME TELL YOU
1) I decided that 80′s synth-pop was the soundtrack to my night which I’m sure only provided a breeding ground for my descent
2) I ate half a box of Apple Cinnamon Cheerios by the handful
3) I had many conversations that I only remember bits and pieces from if I’m honest but that was right when the medication (with the warnings about driving vehicles/heavy machinery) kicked in
4) I wrote an outline for a new D&D Curse of Strahd game where it’s all Candyland and I’m still convinced it’s really good which tells you everything
5) I had a complete panic spiral about “these hard things on my hips” that I suddenly felt. I was totally convinced it was cancer. Husband confirmed it was actually my hip bones.
6) I played Zeus and Poseiden while spouting such witty lines as “Fuck off, Atlas whatya gonna do SHRUG AT ME”, humor lost on the people around me.
7) I gave a very passionate and teary speech about how much I love cactus plants despite my frog-like voice.
tbh I’m kind of scared to take that medication again. It has warnings about not operating heavy machinery and drowsiness, but nobody mentioned “complete insanity”.