Crystal Magick 101
Okay. So. Rocks.
First of all, I fucking LOVE ROCKS. My collection is vast. So I’m always happy to blab about these beautiful ancient beings.
1) Crystals are alive. You need to acknowledge this before even thinking about working with them. Each individual one has a personality and a specific set of strengths and skills.
2) Sometimes the crystal will pick you. It’s a good idea to clear your mind and listen carefully when shopping for crystals. If one wants to come home with you and you can afford it, buy it.
3) Cleanse your crystals! Some, like citrine, are self cleaning. But for the most part, you will need to cleanse them regularly. I cleanse mine two to three times a week or as needed. Crystals and stones are very receptive and can absorb emotions and even memories. It’s important to keep them clean so they can perform their jobs properly.
4) Get to know your crystals. Spend time with them. Tuck a few in your pillowcase. Carry some in your pocket. Set some on your desk at work. Meditate with them. Talk to them. Play music for them. Touch them. Cleanse them. Charge them.
5) Some crystals are a gateway to another realm, or a bridge. Some crystals harbor a connection to a magical creature or being. These are rare and wonderful things and a joy to work with.
6) Learn about all your crystals. Read up on them. Get to know the science behind them. How old they are. Etc.
7) Program your crystals. Once you know the function your Crystal will serve, hold it in your palm and focus your energy and intention to that purpose into the rock. It will be happy to help.
8) Charge your crystals. This can be done by setting them out in the sun or under the full moon. It gives them a little extra oomph.
9) Display them proudly. They are beautiful and have waited millions of years to be with you. Don’t hide them.
10) Be nice to them! Love them. Enjoy them. And most importantly, have fun. :)