podcast with cengiz
so cengiz was on morten and vegard’s podcast that came out this morning! it’s an hour long and FULL of new info on how he got his role etc. i’ll write down some highlights of the first 30 minutes here. i’ll be listening to the rest later today and i’ll make another post after. here we go!
- julie and mari came to herman’s dance performance, but cengiz didnt know. afterwards they met backstage.
- julie later asked herman for cengiz’ contact details and then asked him if he wanted to audition for s3 (this was obviously before s3).
- he would audition for the role of even!!!
he turned it down, he didn’t think he’d be able to play even convincingly and thought someone else could do it much much better than him.
- he got called in for s4 at the start of his study and he got a fake script to audition with.
- he auditioned as sana’s brother (who wasn’t called elias back then).
- he had to end his scene with a rap but then he went all out, which made iman and julie laugh, and julie liked that he wasnt embarrassed and that he was being himself.
- after that scene he got the same script, but this time he had to flirt with sana. he thought it was difficult but ended up doing something none of the people who auditioned did so he stuck out.
- he auditioned on wednesday and got the call from julie on friday. they started out with awkward small talk, and then she told him he got the role and immediately also told him he had to kiss josefine/noora.
- he had to get used to that idea since he has a girlfriend.
- julie told him from the beginning there wouldnt be any kiss scenes with iman, which was iman’s choice that was respected by everyone.
- when they filmed syng it was still weird to him to have to kiss josefine, they hadnt talked much even though shes really nice.
- he found out later they went to the same school for 2 years.
- he’s become really good friends with the balloon squad. he was still freaking out about the upcoming kiss and they all supported him and didnt rile him up or anything.
- right before their scene he went up to josefine and went: josefine, i’m stressing out so much, what should i do?
she went: oh noooooooo, come here!!!
she completely understood, after her first kiss scene she screamed: I CHEATED!!!
- they only had to film it twice.
- he was asked how he felt about people saying the season had its limitations because they couldnt show kiss scenes. he said he thinks kiss scenes arent always necessary to show people love each other.