PART ONE - IPHONE
So this is my first post that isn’t a stupid text post or overly bright photo of my stationary, so I hope you’ll like it! It will consist of two parts, one for the ios apps and one for google chrome extensions. Feel free to send me recommendations!
bolded = favourite, cursive = apps I use every day
Note taking and co
- Pocket - very useful app to save websites, articles, posts etc and read them offline.
- Keynote, Pages, Numbers - basics if you have an apple device. I actually like keynote better than powerpoint c:
- Notability - Very popular app and it really is worth its money. Great for note taking, especially in class!
- Evernote - On my phone for over 4 years now. The group feature is so great and I use it for preparing posts
- Werdsmith - very clean and minimalistic app for writing, I use it mainly for creative writing.
- Microsoft One Note - Simple app for note taking and making online notebooks.
- Leo - a great dictionary in 8 languages. If you log in you can save problem words and make vocabulary lists.
- Memrise - My favourite app to learn languages for free. I’m learning Japanese with it!
- Duolingo learning languages for free is always fun and duolingo is so easy to use, it’s even more fun! I use it to practice my Spanish.
- Forest - Who doesn’t know and love forest yet? It’s such a cute application and I use it when I have a long study day/night ahead.
- Brainscape - My to go app for flashcards. It has a giant library and it’s easy to make your own. Honestly, I’ve been using it for 3 years now and I still love it.
- Mindly - A very beautiful app to make mind maps. I use it for story ideas and school work.
- MindNode - also an easy way to make mind maps.
- Uberchord - learn how to play the guitar for free c:
- TheSimpleClub - videos, and tutorials of all important school subjects, mainly in German, I think
- Notenapp - keep track of your grades - German
- Khan Academy - like the simple club but with a broader spectrum and in English.
- Tide - promodoro app with nice background sounds & inspirational quotes
- Swifty - learn how to code in a very fun and simple way!
- Flow timer - another great promodoro timer (they are everywhere). I like the minimalistic look and nice colours.
Inspiration & Motivation
- Vantage - Simple but beautiful designed calendar
- Calm - Helps me calm down with breathing exercises backgrounds and sounds.
- Elevate - games and exercises that help to keep your mind fit
- Pacifica - an app that helps with anxiety and mental disorders with a very kind community
- TED Inspiring, interesting and motivating videos on a wide variety of topics.
- Textgrabber & Scanner Pro - Essentials. Scans photos and grabs texts of pdf and other documents and converts them into word/text documents.
- Sleeptown - From the makers of forest a very cute app that helps you keep a healthy sleep schedule. I try to use it but I forget it often, sadly.
- Tydlig - not free but honestly the best calculator you can have on your phone! Beautiful and simple it makes math so much more fun!
- Spark - organizes your emails (even from multiple accounts) and notifies you if something important comes in. Very neat design.
- Moon - cute app that shows the phases of the moon depending on the date.
- Plant Nanny - keep track of your water intake by watering cute plants (they have something similar for walking and keeping track of expenses!)