i’m that type of person that sticks to stuff she’s used for years and know it’s good and got accustomed to, so new additions to my essentials for studying, at least physical ones, are rare. i’m always trying out new sites and tools and apps, but as for irl stuff, i have a set list of essentials.
- flashcards - can be used in a wide variety of ways to study, are portable and cheap
- mech pencil - i prefer pentel mech pencils; they’re comfortable and last the longest
- pilot g2/juice .38 black pen - most comfortable and fluid pens
- pilot g2 .7 black pen - thicker point to use for other things
- pink and dark blue inkjoy pens - for notes
- a notebook - i prefer to write rather than type when brainstorming or doing assignments, so a lot of blank space comes in handy
- post-its - the most useful things ever. i forget if it’s not written down somewhere, so what better way to remember than to write it and put it where i can see?
i do a lot of my homework online, so i use these sites and tools
- taskade - chrome extension that has a nice, minimal to-do list in a new tab
- google scholar - to find reliable sources
- google docs - easy to collaborate with ppl, and you can even edit ur homework on ur phone if u use this! google tools are a blessing tbh
- noodletools - easy place to make citations, store them, and it has many various tools to help with project
- google - you already know
- forest - helps in staying off my phone
- quizlet - study guides and flashcards made by others that can really help. there’s many ap study guides too. u can also make ur own!
- noisli - background noise app! you can adjust the types of sounds (night, fire crackling, rain, thunder, etc.). v helpful for when music tends to distract you from homework
- genius scan - i use this to scan documents for class or for scholarships. easy to use, and much easier than our printer’s scanner
this is it for now, but i may add more later on! i hope this can help you find stuff that can work for you!