Hi. Will you be so kind to share your opinion about Spiderman after you watch it? I'd loveto read everything you'll say about it. Also, I heard IM is in the movie for like 10 minutes. I hope it's true. I don't need another "almost IM" movie. CW was enough.
Okay so I’m going to make this as descriptive as I can without giving any spoilers.
- Tom, as we already saw in Civil War, is great as Peter. He’s fun, and he’s a kid, and they remind you that outside of the Spiderman situation, he’s still just a kid.
- Tony isn’t in it for long #blessed and #grateful, he probably has around 10 minutes screentime, and I only rolled my eyes at him like 3 times, as opposed to every time he spoke like in Civil War.
- Ned is the real star of the film, actual legend, and like let us not fuck around, every single one of us would be Ned if we found out our best friend was a superhero.
- Not nearly enough Zendaya. However, every line out of Michelle’s mouth is gold and in a tag urself meme, I am Michelle.
- There’s a line where they’re at the Washington Monument on a school trip and Michelle is reading a book instead of like, giving a fuck about the monument and their teacher is like “taking everything in Michelle?” and she’s like “Umm, I’m good, I don’t really want to take in something built by slaves” and he sorta laughs and is like “I don’t think the Washington Monument was built by slaves” and there’s a black security guard that just gives this “My man, it’s time to stop” look and Michelle just goes back to her book. Icon.
- I love Michelle.
- Aunt May isn’t a fan of Tony Stark and I for one, love that about her.
- The antagonist in it as actually a very relatable character who brings up a lot of interesting points about power structure and inequalities in the treatment of the rich vs the working class and the poor. Does a lot of shitty things and I’m not excusing it, but it’s interesting - especially in the sociopolitical climate of the western world right now.
- Soundtrack is killer.
- Peter says at least 4 things that made me go “Tell me again why he wasn’t Team Cap?” because honestly….the kid is Steve Rogers 2.0 through and through.
- Overall it’s a fun film, I wouldn’t say it’s one of the best Marvel have ever done, there are 4 o 5 that I’d choose to rewatch ahead of it, but it’s certainly one of the best they’ve done in recent memory - but that’s just personal opinion. But it’s fun, which like, was to be expected when you think about the fact it was co-written by this guy