- Michael Flynn’s resignation, over a phone call with Russia’s ambassador to the U.S. Sergey Kislyak, gave Republicans on Capitol Hill an opening on Russia.
- Flynn’s resignation from his position as President Donald Trump’s national security adviser opened the door to calls for an investigation.
- That Flynn was a bad apple, not that the administration was a bad bunch, gave Hill Republicans some wiggle room, and they began to writhe through.
- Sen. Majority Leader Mitch McConnell acknowledged Tuesday that an investigation into Flynn’s ties with Russia was “highly likely.” (CNN)
- “I think the fundamental question for us is what is our involvement in it, and who ought to look at it,” McConnell said. Other Republican senators, including members of the Senate intelligence committee and the body’s ranking member, called for a probe.
- Then things changed on Tuesday night. The bad apple dynamic that allowed Republicans to limit the investigation to Flynn got harder to maintain. Read more (2/15/17 8:36 AM)
Any fic/scenario rec?? :)) idc about the genre