I keep seeing marching band aus out there but I don’t agree with them so I have to make my own. Here goes!
- dedicated tuba
- somehow first chair even though he’s convinced that the rest of his section is better than him???
- he’s very modest
- has lungs like a fucking blimp
- *plays thirty-two 4/4 measures at a super slow tempo*
- *still hasn’t taken a breath*
- always making sure the rookies are taking care of themselves
- “did you eat breakfast today??” “are you drinking water???” “don’t strain yourself too much, but remember to practice! :)”
- the band mom
- has the music memorized the day after he gets it and no one understands
- except pidge
- the only one who doesn’t break a sweat during band camp and the others are so concerned
- “shiro seriously are you dehydrated you’re supposed to sweat how are you not dead”
- shiro: *shrugs* *does the entire routine* *isn’t exhausted yet* *still hasn’t sweated*
- fourth chair saxophone
- would play bass guitar during concert season but he loves his saxophone
- can play alto, tinner, and bari, but alto is his favorite
- “it’s so small omg I love it so much”
- would die for anyone in his section
- has memorized every alternate fingering ever and is happy to share his knowledge
- he’s on the loading crew because he can carry a sousaphone in each hand and a bass drum on his back
- not very good at sight reading
- he has to hear the music before he can play it
- but he plays great by ear
- has never chipped a reed
- not even at band camp
- pidge is jealous
- just. sounds like an angel when he plays
- takes such good care of his sax by killing literally anyone who touches it
- “did you just dent my saxophone”
- terrified rookie: um I’m sorry omg don’t hurt me I don’t wanna die I’m so sorry I’ll do anything
- most of the younger kids are absolutely terrified of him and he’s okay with this
(I’ve seen a lot of “trumpet keith” aus but honestly?????)
- keith is drum captain
- he plays snare and he fuckin kills it
- keith is not a good leader in most aspects of his life but when it comes to music he’s just so in tune to it and he knows exactly what everyone needs to do to make the music perfect
- one of those people who can tell whether a note is in tune just by hearing it and he hates it
- “pidge you’re out of tune”
- “I just came from the tuner I’m perfectly in tune!!”
- “okay but you’re not you’re a bit sharp actually”
- doesn’t know how to dynamic
- “okay keith that was great but you need to tone it down a bit. play a bit softer, your dynamic is piano”
- “lol what does softer mean”
- he just beats the drum as hard as he can all. the. time
- never officially came out to the band, coran found him and lance making out in one of the practice rooms and afterward lance wrote “keith is gay and dating the color guard master” on the white board
- everyone was confused because “why would he date allura if he’s gay”
- lance was very bitter
- trombone during concert season
- but in marching band he kills with a flag
- so flexible omg
- “keith look what I can do with my leg”
- “please untie yourself you’re going to get stuck”
- (he has gotten stuck before)
- hips made of fucking. rubber or something idk how do they mOVE LIKE THAT
- he and keith are not allowed to be within sight of each other in shows because keith gets so distracted by lance’s Hips From God™
- gives the rookie guard members makeup tutorials
- has a large role in the costume designs for the year because in lance’s rookie year the outfits were clashy and not good and lance was horrified
- he vowed to fix this abomination
- has never dropped a flag. not once.
- he has, however, lost grip of his rifle several times and accidentally nailed someone in the head
- he is the reason all the rifles have grippers now
- second chair clarinet and super salty
- has a photographic memory so she memorizes music like that
- doesn’t understand bass clef and will never try
- “that’s an e”
- “no pidge this is bass. that’s a g”
- “that’s a fucking e fight me”
- absolutely despises first chair clarinet
- “he’s so cocky I hATE HIM SO MUCH”
- really good with rhythms?
- hunk doesn’t understand this
- “hunk all you do is count it. look”
- “can you just sing it for me i’m lost”
- drinks 2948592859$-484 gallons of water per day
- puts on so much sunscreen during band camp that she gets paler
- “pidge why don’t you lay off on the sunscreen and try to get a tan”
- “because, lance, not everyone wants to get fucking sKIN CANCER”
- when she burns she burns bad
- somehow still has a sock tan???
- “heh look pidge’s feet are DARKER than her legs. told you you were getting paler”
- her reeds never last more than two weeks
- they are always broken, usually because she refuses to buy a mouthpiece cap
- “pidge this is why you’re second chair”
- doesn’t do trills. ever. hates trills almost as much as she hates the first clarinet
- coran tried to get her to play bass clarinet in concert once
- her reaction was basically ???????
- “coran i’m three inches tall and have the muscle mass of a corn chip I can barely lift my regular clarinet”
- absolutely lives by the “if you see a word you don’t know look at the director” rule
- no knowledge of musical terms
- “accelerando??? lol what’s that”
- baritone during concert season
- color guard captain
- the master of “spin a thousand times without getting dizzy”
- perfect balance
- has literally stood on three fingers and twirled a flag with her foot and could do it again
- very loud
- she will always be heard
- thinks the rookies are cute but she will not put up with their shit
- “lance stop giving everyone makeovers we’re supposed to be learning the routine”
- has made a flower crown for her flag
- so graceful
- has never fallen
- has dropped the thing she was twirling (flags, rifles, sabres, etc) exactly once and that was because she threw a sabre at lance’s head
- coran was not pleased but it was pretty funny
- can do your hair 101 ways but only one of them is acceptable because we all have to look the same, goddammit lance stop with the braid trains
- doesn’t take lance seriously at all and tbh he doesn’t blame her
- took dance classes as a kid and found that she enjoyed it
- but color guard is where she belongs
- (even if some of her fellow guard members *cough*lance*cough* are assholes sometimes)
- one time a toddler ran out onto the field during a show and hugged allura’s legs and she melted
- “coran can we keep it”
- “her parents are right there”
- “but can we keep it”
- pretends to be Mature and Serious but in reality she’s as much of a dork as the rest of the band
- once she heard a cheerleader say “i’m glad we don’t have to work with the band like the color guard” and she decked them
- has temper issues but is overall a great performer
- the wacky director
- band camp stories take up half the class time
- if someone doesn’t want to play this part again, or is tired of marching this set, all they have to do say “hey coran did ___ ever happen at your band camp” and coran will never shut up again
- this is a risky move though because if he realizes what you’re doing you will never see the light of day again
- the living embodiment of “one more time” *ten times later* “one more time”
- “if you’re not perfect then we’re not competing”
- was humiliated once by a rival school because of an immature band
- will never let it happen again
- tries (and fails) to reference modern pop culture
- “i think you kids will like this song! it’s kind of like that one the kids sing now with the doors and the painting”
- “the what now”
- “you know, the one by those scared parties”
- he means well
- super chill but if you get on his bad side then you will see hell
- jokes around a lot but he is serious when it comes to music
- and if you’re not then coran will not hesitate in kicking you out
- “if you can’t play your instrument then you wON’T PLAY YOUR INSTRUMENT HOW’S THAT BYE FIND A NEW 5TH PERIOD TEACHER”
- a professional Student Roaster™
Merry (late) Christmas to @haikujitsu!!! I made this comic from this amazing drabble that brought joy into my life. I hope you like it, sorry it’s late! I hope your Christmas was amazing, and I wish you a happy new year!! <3
Dear Merlin, I am telling you now, because I’m afraid that it might be too late one day if I don’t: This was the most fun I’ve ever had. You’re next to me in my life. You’re the best person in the world, and I wouldn’t change a thing. Please remember me, even when I’m not there anymore one day to pick on you, and laugh at you, and call you names. You said I made you feel special. Well, you are special. And I would spend centuries with you if I could. I fear that the universe would rip in half if we went further apart than this, but I don’t think we have a choice. It’s not fair, but none of it ever was. Whatever the future holds, though, I don’t want you to change. I want you to always be you. Let’s make it the best life we can. Love, Arthur.
This is that fic I was talking about the other day, the one I wasn’t sure I wanted to post. I ended up writing TWO similar but distinct fics (different POV, different ending) based on the premise of this fic because I just kept tinkering with it, so this is the second version. The first one… idk, maybe I’ll toss it or maybe I’ll post it later for the curious among you.
Sterek high school AU, G, 1.7k words
Stiles thinks Scott is joking at first, mostly because he’s laughing so hard he can barely get the words out. “There’s a guy backstage asking for you by name. He’s got flowers.”
Stiles rolls his eyes and goes back to wiping the lipstick off his mouth. After four performances, he can get in and out of the dress and the wig in no time flat. He can even walk in heels without too much wobbling. But the lipstick? Bane of his existence. It still takes him a good five minutes of careful wiping and rubbing with petroleum jelly, and even then his mouth always has this odd orangish-coral tinge by the time he goes home for the night. By that point he’s usually too frustrated by the whole thing to even begin to bother with cleaning off the mascara.
Thank god this is closing night, and in a minute they can all go out for tacos and Stiles can set to work forgetting about lipstick for the rest of forever.
Scott’s still hovering at the door, anticipatory. “I think he likes you. Like, like-likes.”
“Ha ha,” Stiles says flatly. He tilts his head to the left and then to the right in front of the mirror, angling his face up into the lights. “Do you think I got it all?”
Scott gives him a careless glance. “Yeah, sure. Looks fine. But no, seriously, the girl who sells the tickets told me he’s shown up to every single performance.”
Scott isn’t joking. He’s laughing at Stiles (and okay, if their positions were reversed, Stiles would totally be laughing at Scott, too), but he isn’t joking. Fuck. Not even Stiles’ dad has come to every performance.
Ok, so something sad that happenes but it gets better.
Flug, while mixing chemicals together one day for an invisibility serum, manages to somehow grab the wrong chemical to mix with the one hes currently holding, because he was busy shouting at Demencia to “PUT THAT DOWN BEFORE IT SHATTERS!”, and the mixutre ends up exploding in his eyes. The rest of his face is fine, but his eyes become damaged. He becomes black and white colorblind. Hes only able to see in monochrome. His visions slightly blurry too, but aside from that and now being colorblind, he’s ok.
This wouldnt be such a problem, except that he needs to be able to see the colors of certain wires to make certain inventions work correctly, and he needs to be able to see the colors of different chemicals so that he doesnt cause a wider scale explosion in the lab.
For a while he makes things work. He has to work a bit slower on some inventions, and he often needs Demencia’s help in differentiating colors of liquids and machine parts and such, but other than the slower pace, which agravates Black Hat a good bit, all is the same as it was before the incident.
One day however, Flug comes into the lab to find a suprise on table: a pair of goggles that will fit over the bag he wears. (Prior to this he didnt wear goggles over the bag. He just had eyeholes cut out of it.)
He goes to put them on, and almost screams when he does because EVERYTHING IS BRIGHT AGAIN!!
The goggles turn out to have lenses in them that can correct colorblindness and “Holy shit I CAN SEE THE COLORS AGAIN!! THIS IS AMAZING!!”
Demencia walks in the lab with 5.0.5 in tow, and notices Flug walking around, looking at everything, clearly happy about something. And then she notices the goggles.
“Neat goggles you got there! Where’d they come from?”
“I don’t know but Demencia, they allow me to see colors again!!!!”
And shes kinda suprised because “Wait they make goggles like that?!”
And Flugs just so happy because he can finally do his work again without depending on someone else to help him, and this will speed up his work process againc and Black Hat won’t be so upset with his work time and -
“Wait, Demencia, you didn’t get these for me?”
“Nope, no idea where they came from.”
He’s a bit puzzeled, because these goggles obviously didnt just show up out of nowhere. Someone got them for him. Someone who knew he was colorblind.
Someone who wasn’t Demencia, and certainly not 5.0.5.
That left one person. Well, demon more like it.
Flug walks to Black Hats office, and opens the door just slightly to see that his boss is busy filling out that years tax forms, because “We may be a team of villains, but we still live in a house and own a business, and as such we owe taxes to the idiotic government that runs this country, and I will NOT have my company run to the ground because of tax evasion!!”
Flug waits until he finishes writing up the page he’s on, and then steps into the office the whole way.
“What is it that you require Dr. I’m very busy at the moment and you have orders to fill.”
“Well um, Sir I just..just wanted to let you know that those orders you gave me yesterday? They’ll uh..they’ll be done by tomorrow. Tomorrow morning actually.”
Black Hat looks up at that because “Flugs work has taken longer than two days since the incident that doesn’t add up” and then he notices the goggles.
“What’s with the new headwear Flug?”
“Oh the goggles? They appeared on my um. My desk this morning. They actually..they correct my vision?”
“I can..i can see colors again Sir.”
Black Hat sits back for a minute, taking in the information.
“Is that why you’ll have those orders done so quickly compared to your normal time?”
“…fair enough. Make sure they’re as good quality wise as the ones you’ve been producing. We don’t want to sell rushed work to our clients and ruin our reputation now do we?”
“No Sir, of course not. I’ll um..i’ll have them ready and done well by tomorrow morning for you.”
“Good. Now go back to working on them, I need to finish these forms, least my company go down the drain from failing to comply with thw government’s asinine rules.”
Flug turns to leave, and gets halfway out the door, before turning back to Black Hat.
“You wouldnt..you wouldn’t happen to have been the one who got the goggles for me, were you Sir?”
Black Hat looks up, small scowl on his face.
“Of course not Dr. Why would I ever do such a thing like that? I have no idea who gave them to you. Just be greatful that you have them now and get back to work.”
“Yes Sir, will do.”
And with that Flug leaves.
He doesn’t see the small smile on Black Hats face after he leavws because “he liked the goggles I got for him.”
How The Inevitable Filler Episodes Are Gonna Go Down
<b>Lars:</b> Oh thank god, you're here! Where were you? It's been months!<p/><b>Steven:</b> See, we were going to save you, but then there was this really kooky side plot where Peridot ran for mayor, and then Onion<p/><b>Lars:</b> Steven<p/><b>Steven:</b> wanted help running a lemonade stand, but he was using unethical business practices so we had to shut him down, and then<p/><b>Lars:</b> Steven<p/><b>Steven:</b> Pearl got upset about something, fusion mom and purple were also there. There was a lot of crying and a little singing and<p/><b>Lars:</b> Steven I Could Have Died<p/></p>
“Honey,” McCree says, advancing on Hanzo. “Please?”
Hanzo is turned away from the gunslinger, Stormbow clutched in one hand and a velvet cloth in the other, sitting cross-legged on the floor in their shared quarters. He doesn’t acknowledge McCree.
“I’m sorry,” McCree says desperately, kneeling next to his archer and holding his hat to his chest shamefully. “Let me make it up to ya!”
Hanzo stoically continues to polish Stormbow, not even sparing McCree a sideways glance. The cowboy crumbles, his hands going to Hanzo’s tense shoulders, thumbs rubbing in slow circles.
“Baby,” he says, tone imploring. “Darlin’, love a’ my life, pumpkin.” Hanzo doesn’t push McCree away, emboldening him enough to cause the hands at his shoulders to find a place at his waist. A jingling of spurs indicates movement as McCree sits back and brings his knees to rest on either side of Hanzo.
He rests his forehead against the archer’s nape, his breath ghosting over Hanzo’s shoulder. McCree hesitates, as if unsure of how to proceed, and settles on a drawn out groan, “Haaaan, sugar, please don’ be mad.”
In fact, Hanzo isn’t particularly angry at all. He was planning on forgiving McCree’s indiscretion (aka, saying “ya know I did!” and highfiving Genji when the cyborg asked if he “got any” last night) fairly easily but now Hanzo has discovered a new game. A game in which he continues to play at being upset so McCree will think that “getting any” tonight is out of the question.
Except, McCree is making the pretense very difficult.
Whining like a puppy, he rubs his forehead against Hanzo’s nape, his hair tickling the archer’s neck, “Honeybee, sweetiepie, starshine, please.” A smile tugs at Hanzo’s lips but he stubbornly bites the inside of his cheek. It’s Hanzo’s favorite thing when McCree calls him sweet names like this– it makes his heart sing, and when McCree does it in a hoarse voice lost in the throes of passion, it makes Hanzo’s toes curl.
McCree scatters butterfly kisses across Hanzo’s exposed shoulder and ghosts his hands gently down his sides, “Baaaabydoll….” Hanzo’s face breaks into a smile and he turns his head away swiftly.
But not swiftly enough.
“Han!” McCree shouts, scrambling to shove his hat back on his head. “Ya little devil! Y'can’t scare me like that, I thought you were really mad this time!”
Hanzo wheezes with laughter as McCree wraps him in a vice-like embrace and peppers kisses all over the side of his face. Shoving Stormbow to the side, he turns as best he can in McCree’s arms and faces the pouting cowboy, “It was punishment! I do not want my little brother to know when I am….” He drifts off and waves his hand to complete the sentence, shyly avoiding McCree’s gaze.
“When yer….what?” McCree asks slyly, wiggling his eyebrows suggestively. This is another game Hanzo plays, one McCree (the darling fool) falls for every time.
Hanzo purses his lips, as if he’d rather not say, but leans forward any way, whispering lowly into the space between them, “When I am making love to you.”
“O-Oh, w-well….” McCree’s voice cracks on the words, color rising high in his cheeks. It’s Hanzo’s other favorite thing: the cowboy is a smooth talker, but can’t handle the same treatment. The archer laughs wildly and throws his arms around the gunslinger’s neck. Hanzo squishes him violently in a hug, his heels digging into McCree’s back while the cowboy wheezes around extra words that sound vaguely like “yer too much.”
- Subaru was the car company for lesbians to get out and stay out in. Now it’s Jeep and they don’t even have a Dana Fairbanks!
- People didn’t care that there was a masculine character with a feminine character, like Shane and Carmen. But now people find that odd. They want couples that look like Brittany and Santana.
- Oh and now Butch is a bad word? This one is still lost on me!
- Some of these kids haven’t even seen The L Word. And that was like a requirement when I was younger.
- Apparently we now have to clarify that trans woman that are also lesbian, or people of color that are lesbians are included. Like ma… of course, y'all were always included!
*If you do not include these folks, well you suck, please leave! We don’t want you here bitch!
- There are new lines within the LGBT+ community, ones that divide us out a lot more. Dude, we call it The Family for a reason. We is Family yo, we are all here we are all queer, it’s good.
*And that includes non-binary, fluid, asexual, and all y'all people too!! The +… y'all make the community go from an A to an A+… y'all important and y'all matter!! All y'all.
- Labels have always been an issue, but recently now if you use terminology mistakenly.. it’s a personal attack. But for a long time, you just politely corrected people and went about your day. Like yo I’m sorry I fucked up, but I fuck up my own address (that I’ve had for years) on the regular. We talk wrong sometimes, it’s not always personal.
*and to the folks that do mislabel other on purpose, fuck you, get up off my post!
So… I have some how managed to become an old lesbian some how. And I guess it’s cool. But like… I’m only 24 y'all. I know we progressive n shit… but like I already have grey hairs, I am not ready to be old yet!