- Pairings: Jeon Jungkook x Reader
- Genre: Soulmate/College Au, Light Angst, Fluff, Soft Smut
- Words: 18K
- Description: We are always yearning for someone, even if that person may not exist in this tangible realm.
- A/N: To whomever stumbles upon this piece of my heart, I sincerely hope you enjoy your stay :)
- Warnings: Mildly Explicit Sexual Content
Apparently everyone had one.
And everyone would have the name of their destined other half inscribed on the tender skin of their inner wrist when they turned 18.
It had remained the sole most exciting thing about turning 18 ever since you learned about the exhilarating phenomenon, something you had been looking forward to more than the pile of presents you knew you would be receiving on said day, more than the “surprise party” you knew your friends would be throwing you, and more than being the center of attention for a solid few hours like all the other birthdays you’ve experienced in your life so far.
It was supposed to be one of the few things in life that are guaranteed, analogous to a type of promise which does not revolve around uncertainty or a surefire plan that is carried out without fail, an occurrence not influenced by outside forces and has been written in the stars since the beginning of time. Its assurance is assumed, which is also why its ultimate letdown was able to spur so much damage.
Because on your 18th birthday, in place of the sparkling letters of the name you could practically feel on your tongue, painted in the vibrant colors of your most beautiful dreams, you are instead left with a black horizontal line- dull, ominous, and utterly frightening.