Short Summary of Supergirl seasons right up to cancellation
Season One Kara Danvers:
Female Empowerment is important! Self confidence and belief in your own capabilities and identity is important! Standing up for things you believe in is important! I Like my life, I love advancing and succeeding in my job! I like Inspiring people! And yes I have complexes and flaws but I am working hard to overcome them and I support my sister and she supports me!
Season Two Kara Danvers:
Female Empowerment Is Impor...Oh Hi Man Hell! I am so happy you are treating me like shit because I love you so much. Oh? I Lost a job? OH well I have my love of my life who treats me like shit! I am so happy this is everything I ever wanted even if I have nothing else...oh right I also maybe have a sister - have not seen her for last 4 episodes tho, because I just can't help but want to listen to Man Hell belittling me...
Season Three Kara Danvers:
AAAAAAAGGGGH!!!!11 LIFE MEANS NOTHING WITHOUT MY LOVE INTEREST. WE SHOULD ALL DEFINE OURSELVES BY OUR MALE COUNTERPARTS. WHAT'S THE POINT OF BEING KARA DANVERS IF I HAVE NO STRONG TOXIC WHITE MALE BY MY SIDE TELLING ME HOW I SHOULD LIVE MY LIFE AND HO MY GOALS AND BELIEFS ARE SHIT?! ALSO LOL IMMA GONNA SUE ALL THE GAYS FOR DEFAMATION.
does anyone else ever go through a thing that’s like. you pick a real person from your life. you start an imaginary back-and-forth with them. and it’s fine at first bc it’s a conversation you wanted to have anyway. but there’s a reason why you don’t and it’s because you know (or think? anyway) that it would turn into an argument
and it does! in your head! and suddenly you’re having this distressing imaginary fight with the inner voice that you assigned to person x and like you want to stop but you can’t!!!!!!!!!!! you keep coming back to it!!!!!!! like you gotta have the fake final word in this fake argument but you can’t have that final word bc your own head comes up with ways to undermine you and it gives you anxiety and you start losing an argument against your own actual thoughts and this all fucking started with something relatively innocuous like?? “yes dad!! i will watch homecoming with you but only if you promise you will give me a break from your whole playful tony stark-hating discourse that you already know hurts me even though i guess it’s just supposed to be casual and silly”
but then next thing you know you’re having to defend the fundamentals of your basic existence to the imaginary Father voice in your head like holy shit brain shut the FUCK UP
Listen. I don’t care what side of the Dream Daddy argument you’re on. All I’m saying is that “Naked and Afraid: Catching the Deadliest Ancient Aliens” is the funniest string of words i’ve ever read in my life, and if you want to fight me, I’ll be waiting for you in between the denny’s and the waffle house near 7th ave across from the dinosaur mini golf. godspeed.
Love your new tattoo, it's beautiful. Love what you're doing and saying to people struggling to handle this death. I just want to make sure YOU are not drowning alone either... Would you like to talk about it? As in share a happy memory you have of them?
Thank you Kohana.
Time will heal the wound, and while it’s really big right now and I sometimes can’t handle some of their ballads without breaking down, it will get better. I’ve spent the first two days ugly crying, I bet my neighbors think there’s a crazy man living next door now.
I’ve listened to Linkin Park basically my entire life. I was 9 when my cousin played “in the end” and I couldn’t find it anywhere. These were the days where I was limited 30 minutes a day of internet and I usually looked for linearts to print and colour, I then dedicated that time looking for the song. I ran into the source band a little later and was overcome with happiness and immediately looked up more of their music. Some of their music was a little heavy for my 9 year old ears but as I grew, I came to love their Hybrid Theory and meteora music. I became a metalhead and it’s all I listened to.
Just like they kept experimenting with their music, I kept finding new things I liked and I’ve stuck with their developing music style which lead me to finding more music I liked. My best friend loved LP too and she and I would constantly run to each other’s houses, screaming about another song we found by LP that sounded incredible. In May when they hadn’t fully released “One more light” yet and would upload songs from time to time, I’d still go to her place and scream about how the new song was good.
The first time they held a concert in the Netherlands in 2014 I believe- I missed the tickets and was so bummed I couldn’t be there. Then I heard there was a 2017 one and I HAD to go. I’m blessed I had the privilege to see the band as a whole June 20th in Amsterdam and it’s one of the most beautiful times I’ll hold dear.
I’ve listened to LP when I was feeling broken and wanted to die. The lyrics spoke to me and I felt I really related. During the ages 13 to 20~21 I struggled with heavy depression and I lacked the courage to end my life. I felt nothing had purpose and even if the sky was clear I’d see that one single cloud and everything was dim and gray. I’m blessed to have ‘escaped’ my depression because I haven’t felt this open and happy in anytime I can remember and I’m turning 24 soon. I’m glad I never took my life, because I’m enjoying many things now. Chester’s voice has been there through all of the ups and downs in my life so it’s very hard for me to adjust to having to live with the fact Chester isn’t there anymore.
I’m not okay now, but given time I will be. Though I’ll never forget him. I’m grateful for all he’s given me, and many other people.
Hey, I’m Morven. I am a 15 year old girl and I live in Scotland. My life is pretty boring so I’d like some new people to talk to.
I love: -music: The Smiths, the 1975, Twenty One Pilots, BTS and Hamilton (I listen to pretty much anything) -movies: Heathers, Pulp Fiction, Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings -tv shows: Game of Thrones, Orange is the New Black, Sherlock and Parks and Recreation -cats -youtube: Dan and Phil, Shane Dawson, and the Dolan Twins -memes
I speak English and I’m trying to learn French and Spanish.
I have a dog so if we talk expect to be spammed with cute photos of her!
I’m supper award when I start talking, so I’d prefer someone who’d be okay with my awkwardness. I’d also prefer someone who’s 15 or older. I’m down to write snail mail that seems super fun! I really hope I don’t come across as boring haha.
yikes when you think shipping pedophilia is okay................ what kind of nastiness lmao people like you are unreal and i hope one day you realize that viewing and posting about underage ships being something Cute affects actual real life victims and instead of being selfish and blocking your ears when it's pointed out to you, you'll open ur fucking eyes
Shipping PXS is not pedophilia, and I could spend the whole night explain why but I know that people like you they don’t want to listen, you don’t care. You just like to feel better than other people because you like just Good Things®. People enjoy literature (and TV shows) not because they want to see or watch a story that is pure and not “problematic”. Most of them are there to enjoy a good story, even if that story has very dark tones. Once again, PXS is not pedophilia and you can “yikes” all you want that won’t make me change my mind, or anyone else. You think Dante Alighieri wrote one of the biggest masterpiece humanity has ever seen thinking about how not piss off people? Literature is good when it captures every shade of human nature. Is Littlefinger an asshole? Sure. Is his relationship with Sansa twisted? Of course. But I can still enjoy the whole thing. So, if you’re so disgusted by my posts and my blog just stay away. This will be my last answer cause honestly…I already know this is gonna be a waste of time.
Listen, i know i’m supposed to think hugh is appalling for even approaching Demelza, but he actually loves her, unlike ross. Ross is a woman hating sack of shit who cares about no one but himself and puts himself above his wife and children, who depend on him. Hugh legitimately loves demelza, he writes her poetry, draws her and makes her feel beautiful and wanted. Ross has never in his life done any of those things. Even when they are in their best days Ross ignores Demelza. When she tells him she feels ignored he tells her he’s not her dog and that he doesn’t have to pay attention to her. HE IS A PIECE OF SHIT and if anyone slut shames demelza for sleeping w someone who actually cares about her while her husband is being a selfish prick then they can fight me.
listening to mbmbam while doing literally anything else (aka playing overwatch) and not paying complete attention is like stepping into a fever dream because i had it on and was not listening super hard and all of a sudden griffin was saying “i don’t want to sound weeeeird…but that cat has some sweet tits” and im not sure how to continue on from this moment of my life
1. drink: water 2. phone call: my mom 3. text message: a girl in my music appreciation class 4. song you listened to: currently listening to pas de cheval by panic! at the disco 5. time you cried: a couple nights ago when i couldn’t sleep
6. dated someone twice: try four times… ugh 7. kissed someone and regretted it: yes 8. been cheated on: no 9. lost someone special: yes 10. been depressed: for four years now, which is a quarter of my life. beat that. 11. gotten drunk and thrown up: no
3 favorite colors
12. seafoam green 13. navy blue 14. silver
in the last year have you
15. made new friends: yes 16. fallen out of love: yes 17. laughed until you cried: i love doing this 18. found out someone was talking about you: techincally no 19. met someone who changed you: how are we defining change… i’ve met people who have changed some of my opinions but not me fundamentally 20. found out who your friends are: ish 21. kissed someone on your facebook list: i don’t have facebook
22. how many of your facebook friends do you know in real life: no fb 23. do you have any pets: one cat named moe!! love him + a hamster named albus fluffledore 24. do you want to change your name: i love my name to the point i’ll hyphenate my last name if i get married 25. what did you do for your last birthday: went to school, scholar bowl, and forensics practice. got a migraine. threw up. went to bed. 26. what time did you wake up: i think… 11:30? 27. what were you doing at midnight last night: i think i was on tumblr?? maybe playing mario kart. 28. name something you can’t wait for: marching band camp or being done with summer hw 29. when was the last time you saw your mom: like two hours ago 31. what are you listening to right now: pretty. odd. by panic! at the disco (more specifically folkin’ around) and my fan 32. have you ever talked to a person named tom: i mean i can’t think of anyone specific but i’m sure i have 33. something that is getting on your nerves: summer hw 34. most visited website: tumblr, google drive, or my online college class 35. hair colour: light brown, like caramel color? 36. long or short hair: it’s like… past my shoulders. medium. 37. do you have a crush on someone: i have denial 38. what do you like about yourself: my smarts, my hair, my drive when i’m not depressed 39. piercings: my ears are pierced once 40. blood type: O+ 41. nickname: a few people call me claire bear but… that makes me want to stab them. have a friend that calls me memeo supremo which is better 42. relationship status: single 43. zodiac: libra 44. pronouns: they/them online and she/her irl #closetedlife 45. favourite tv show: i want 2 b extra and say guy’s grocery games but also… the office or degrassi next class 46. tattoos: none 47. right or left handed: right 48. surgery: no surgeries, unless you count my face stitches 49. piercing: 39 50. sport: i have a varsity letter in scholar bowl, does that count? 51. vacation: i guess you could count me going to my aunts last week 52. pair of trainers: i have a pair of seafoam green converse i’m rather attached to
53. eating: i had cuban food tonight (ham and black beans) 54. drinking: water mostly 55. i’m about to: idk hopefully fall asleep or do more of these things i’ve been tagged in but neglected 56. waiting for: i’m not really 57. want: to have a working government and go to spain 58. get married: i’m not married lmao but i’m open to it 59. career: nothing rn, but i’d like to double major in linguistics and cultural anthropology if that counts
which is better
60. hugs or kisses: hugs 61. lips or eyes: eyes 62. shorter or taller: taller 63. older or younger: older 64. nice arms or nice stomach: neither really matters 65. hook up or relationship: relationship 66. troublemaker or hesitant: depends. hesitant prob
have you ever
67. kissed a stranger: no 68. drank hard liquor: …no comment 69. lost glasses/contact lenses: bunches of sunglasses, but i don’t wear anything prescription 70. turned someone down: i’ve broken up with people if that counts 71. sex on the first date: no 72. broken someone’s heart: idk 73. had your heart broken: yes 74. been arrested: no 75. cried when someone died: yes (my grandpa) 76. fallen for a friend: yes. it ended… poorly
do you believe in
77. yourself: on occasion 78. miracles: yes 79. love at first sight: attraction yes, love no bc it’s an emotional bond 80. santa claus: i believe in Christmas spirit but not like… a person 81. kiss on the first date: i’m fine w it but everyone has different comfort zones 82. angels: no, just good people
83. current best friend’s name: bwalya, olivia, and sarah 84. eye colour: hazel 85. favorite movie: dead poets society
I hear people saying “But it was a joke, or don’t take it seriously,” when a privileged person mocks a minority group. The reason that jokes can be offensive and shouldn’t be tolerated is because privileged people can joke and laugh about things, but they don’t get affected by it They can go and live their privileged life and be fine, while minorities have to be reminded of the oppression they face daily just for the color of their skin, or their sexual orientation. We can’t joke and hope that the things we go through will just vanish. No, the privilege people (white cishets) want us to listen to all of these “jokes and remarks” and not get offended because “It was a joke, I’m not racist, I’m not homophobic. Get over it already.” How can people not see how this is a problem?
You do not get to tell a minority person what they should and shouldn’t find offensive because you couldn’t possibly know the oppression they face.