Let’s talk about sigils!
What is a sigil and how can you use them?
So basically a sigil is like a little symbol charged with magical intent. They tend to have just one (but sometimes multiple) purposes i.e. one sigil will do one thing ***USUALLY*** They’re a super easy way to incorporate witchcraft into your everyday life! Draw sigils on your wrist, or keep them in your wallet or even draw them with your finger when the mirror steams up after having a shower!
How do you draw a sigil?
There are a million and one ways to draw sigils so find a method that feels right for you. Try a few and see what works! This is the method I use:
- Write out your phrase of intent - so what you want the sigil to do; for example “I will to be happy”, “I am at peace”, “Protection from negative thoughts”.
- Cross out the vowels and the repeating letters; for example “I will to be happy”, becomes “
Iw ill t ob eh appy”
- Write out the remaining letters; taking the same example, what should be left is WLTBHPY
- Take the shape of the letters, you don’t need to use all of them, but the more the better and try to combine them. Rotate the letters if you need to, elongate certain lines or make them shorter, you just need the impression of the letters.
- Add what I call “witchy flares” like arrows and circles. These help direct the energy.
Examples of my own sigils
Any questions? Don’t hesitate to ask! I’m not claiming to be the fountain of all knowledge on sigils but I can certainly give my advice or at least point you to a person who knows more than me haha!