1. you have made it to 20! what a whirlwind year it has been but if you can survive 2016 you can survive anything.
2. remember that love trumps hate any day, everyday. just keep spreading love and being the best person you can be.
3. last year was definitely not your year for romance, try it this year though. I have a feeling a lot of love is coming your way.
4. school is a priority, do not ever forget that. you are so fortunate to be able to even attend college so just try your hardest in each and every class.
5. DO NOT SKIP YOUR 8AM! you signed up for it, you now have your afternoons free to study as you please. it’s an important class and really an hour difference of sleep is not going to kill you.
6. go to bed early, you’ll thank yourself when that 8am roles around.
7. take care of your body. eat healthy but eat good. make sure you are hydrated and exercise on the days that you can. you know that you always feel so good after you exercise.
8. keep meeting new people and keep making friends. talk to people in your classes, make new friends and study buddies.
9. when you are not feeling good on the inside remember to just take time to unplug and go outside.
10. remember your worth. this can be applied to friendships, to relationships and even when you are with just with yourself. you are worth so much and you have purpose, you are just starting to figure out new parts of your journey, don’t be so hard on yourself.
11. you can change your mind.
12. don’t let people make you feel bad for not wanting to do what you used to do, for changing and growing.
13. do not be afraid to let this love inside. when people give it to you sometimes you make up excuses to not take it. don’t do this, embrace the love and keep giving yours as well.
14. last year was so hard there is no doubt. but baby he doesn’t think about you anymore and you were not worth anything to him. that was not love and there is no love there. he is in the past, he is not your future. just let it go. let him go. no more.
15. you make each day what you will. it’s up to you and you are writing your story, you get to decided the paths that you take and the people you get to take it with. mistakes happen along the way and you can recover. you are in charge.
16. just spread love. give it to yourself in abundance and give it to the people you meet and want to keep getting to know.
17. be who you want to be in 2017. there are so many possibilities and so many different outcomes and lots of things that we do and do not have control over. make sure that the things you can control that you do. make sure that you spread love and light. we all are going to need it.
— 17 things I want to remember in 2017