Goblin ending #4 (in the script)
I could have an opportunity to read the script of Goblin’s final episode yesterday.
Many viewers might be wondering what happened to Deok-Hwa in the end. The script contains the scene where old Deok-Hwa (in his 60s) introduces his 6-year-old grandson Yoo Sung-Jae to Kim Shin, just like his grandfather Chairman Yoo Shin-Woo did in ep 1.
After getting a sandwich from a jobless man in the park, Kim Shin comes back to his house and finds old Deok-Hwa there. Deok-Hwa says his little grandson Sung-Jae has come back from the US. Kim Shin kneels down to the shy little boy, saying “It’s nice to meet you. I’ll be your uncle, your brother, your son, and grandson” like he did to little Deok-Hwa in the past.
About 30 years later (Maybe Deok-hwa is already dead because he should be in his 90s), adult Sung-Jae (in his 30s) comes to Uncle Kim Shin and gives a new passport and a house in Prague, the Czech Republic. He asks Kim Shin “Uncle, did you find her?” “Not yet (sigh)”
Kim Shin looks around the white covered furniture and leaves the Seoul house. On his way to Prague from Seoul, he comes across the actress and the detective in the street. Yes, you know who they are.
Since the lovely scenes of detective Lee Hyeok & actress Kim Sun, about 50 more years have passed. (I guess Kim Shin stayed in Prague for about 20~30 years and returned to Korea once again, but couldn’t find reincarnated Eun-Tak during his stays in Korea) Kim Shin is now in Quebec, Canada. 85-year-old Sung-Jae is staying with him as his butler.
“Are you going somewhere, sir?”
“I’d like to go for a walk”
“You’d better avoid the main street if you can. Some Korean students are visiting and they’re noisy.”
“I’ll come back soon”
And then… here comes the ending scene where Kim Shin reunites with reincarnated Eun-Tak on the hill. (It took at least 110 years for Eun-Tak to get reincarnated after she died.)
“Mister. You know who I am”
“My first and last… Goblin’s bride”
“My name is Park So-Min in this life.”
“I’m still Kim Shin.”
This is the end of the script.
I don’t know whether the director shot the old man Deok-Hwa scene or not. I doubt he did, because of the insane filming schedule of the last episode. Anyways, we get to know that the old butler in Quebec is Deok-Hwa’s grandson.
- March, Kim Shin returned to nothingness. (Ep 13)
- Kim Shin came back to Eun-Tak and married her. (Ep 14~15)
- On Christmas eve, Ji Eun-Tak died of the car accident. (Ep 16)
- October, Sunny died of an illness. (Ep 16)
- She ascended the stariway to heaven with Wang Yeo.
After some time
- Deok-Hwa in his 60s introduced his 6-year-old grandson Sung-Jae to Kim Shin.
- Sung-Jae in his 30s prepared Kim Shin’s new passport and a house in Prague, the Czech Republic.
- On his way to Prague, Kim Shin came across reincarnated Wang Yeo and Kim Sun in the Seoul street. (Ep 16)
- Kim Shin lives in Quebec, Canada, with 85-year-old Sung-Jae.
- He reunites with Park So-Min (reincarnated Eun-Tak) on the hill. (Ep 16 ending)