So I might have lost my fangirl shit when I got to visit the ONLY romance-exclusive bookstore in the United States.
The Ripped Bodice was a fangirl dream come true, and you bet your petticoats I was fangirling the whole time through.
I got to meet the one of the co-owners Bea, WHO WAS SUCH A SWEETIE! She didn’t even bat an eye when I was like, “Can I be a dork and get a photo?”
As evident, I had zero chill.
And ya’ll fangirls know, you KNOW I couldn’t leave without giving The Ripped Bodice literally all my money.
SO HERE’S MY HAUL, YO!
The actual “Fiction Books Imma Read” pile…
- The CEO Buys In by Nancy Herkness: Contemporary workplace forced proximity secretary-billionaire
- A Study In Seduction by Nina Rowan: Historical, mathematician heroine, hero in pursuit, OTP bet
- The Game and the Governess by Kate Noble: Historical, governess heroine, rich hero in disguise as poor servant, bet
- Roses in Moonlight by Lynn Kurland: Historical, back-in-time travel, scholar heroine, Highlander hero
- Destiny’s Captive by Beverly Jenkins: Historical, POC characters, enemies to lovers, alpha heroine, pirate heroine steals hero’s ship, hero in pursuit
- Sorcerer to the Crown by Zen Cho: Fantasy, adventure, hero freed slave, heroine magician
- My Reckless Valentine by Olivia Dade: Contemporary, librarian heroine, hero new boss, workplace romance
- A Convenient Arrangement by Maggie Marr: Contemporary, bad boy billionaire hero, opposites attract, no strings attached
- Pretending with The Playboy by Tracey Livesay: Badboy hero, contract dating
- Trade Me by Courtney Milan: Contemporary, interracial couple, billionaire hero, financial lives swap bet
(Hmm. “The bet” trope popped up a lot in that list. Didn’t notice that til now. Also I’ve already read A Study In Seduction, AND SO GOOD OMG OMG OMG!)
Okay, so what about non-book-hoard romance swag? Oh I got ya.
What’s that? A Fabio book? Can it get better? IT CAN!
But no, Fabio, no matter oh big your man-titties are, I’m not reading your Old Skool Romance. Sorry.
But wait, what’s that necklace, you ask? Oh well let’s look closer.
A MOTHER FLIPPING FABIO NECKLACE HOMESKILLET! You know I couldn’t not get that. YOU KNOW! He’s the figurehead of our genre, after all.
Our cheesy, cheesy figurehead.
NOW LOOK AT THIS AWESOME TOTE BAG!
YOU BET YOUR KNICKERBOCKERS I SPAZZED WITH HAPPY OVER THAT THING!
As well as over the Choose Your Own Romance adventure book. Like, c’mon. COME! ON!
And last but for real not least, of course I also bought one of those cute AF woodcuts made by a local artist BECAUSE ONCE AGAIN HOW COULD I NOT?!
The Ripped Bodice, you complete me. YOU WERE MY EVERYTHING. I mean, even your receipts were pink. PINK!
(Okay so I paid 40 bucks for a necklace, SUE ME. And okay, so the pink doesn’t show up all that well on camera. DON’T SUE ME I’M BROKE!)
Either way, the fact remains that this bookstore was the bomb diggity, and to all the naysayers and book snobs out there, let me just say…
Because until you do, I don’t wanna hear shit.