Uncommon Questions for OCs and their creators:
Send me a # (questions for OCs) or a letter (questions for creators) and I’ll answer
QUESTIONS FOR YOUR OCs
- What’s the maximum amount of time your character can sit still with nothing to do?
- How easy is it for your character to laugh?
- How do they put themselves to bed at night (reading, singing, thinking?)
- How easy is it to earn their trust?
- How easy is it to earn their mistrust?
- Do they consider laws flexible, or immovable?
- What triggers nostalgia for them, most often? Do they enjoy that feeling?
- What were they told to stop/start doing most often as a child
- Do they swear? Do they remember their first swear word?
- What lie do they most frequently remember telling? Does it haunt them?
- How do they cope with confusion (seek clarification, pretend they understand, etc)?
- How do they deal with an itch found in a place they can’t quite reach?
- What color do they think they look best in? Do they actually look best in that color?
- What animal do they fear most?
- How do they speak? Is what they say usually thought of on the spot, or do they rehearse it in their mind first?
- What makes their stomach turn?
- Are they easily embarrassed?
- What embarrasses them?
- What is their favorite number?
- If they were asked to explain the difference between romantic and platonic or familial love, how would they do so?
- Why do they get up in the morning?
- How does jealousy manifest itself in them (they become possessive, they become aloof, etc)?
- How does envy manifest itself in them (they take what they want, they become resentful, etc)?
- Is sex something that they’re comfortable speaking about? To whom?
- What are their thoughts on marriage?
- What is their preferred mode of transportation?
- What causes them to feel dread?
- Would they prefer a lie over an unpleasant truth?
- Do they usually live up to their own ideals?
- Who do they most regret meeting?
- Who are they the most glad to have met?
- Do they have a go-to story in conversation? Or a joke?
- Could they be considered lazy?
- How hard is it for them to shake a sense of guilt?
- How do they treat the things their friends come to them excited about? Are they supportive?
- Do they actively seek romance, or do they wait for it to fall into their lap?
- Do they have a system for remembering names, long lists of numbers, things that need to go in a certain order (like anagrams, putting things to melodies, etc)?
- What memory do they revisit the most often?
- How easy is it for them to ignore flaws in other people?
- How sensitive are they to their own flaws?
- How do they feel about children?
- How badly do they want to reach their end goal?
- If someone asked them to explain their sexuality, how would they do so?
QUESTIONS FOR CREATORS
A) Why are you excited about this character?
B) What inspired you to create them?
C) Did you have trouble figuring out where they fit in their own story?
D) Have they always had the same physical appearance, or have you had to edit how they look?
E) Are they someone you would get along with? Would they get along with you?
F) What do you feel when you think of your OC (pride, excitement, frustration, etc)?
G) What trait of theirs bothers you the most?
H) What trait do you admire most?
I) Do you prefer to keep them in their canon universe?
J) Did you have to manipulate or exclude canon factors to allow them to create their character?