Hey, I really want to decorate my bedroom. The floor is wooden, and my curtains are a pastel pink. All my furniture is wooden. I was thinking of a lilac for my walls. However, I feel like putting wallpaper on two of my walls, I just don't know what color scheme to go for. Neither do I know what decorations to put in my room.
I think that lilac would work for your walls! But I also think that a plain white-washed look would also be nice. I know that white’s a little boring, but pink is such an assertive color, I think they would balance each other out nicely.
1. Get yourself some wooden furniture wipes and use them frequently. Wooden furniture gets that layer of dust on it so quickly. Keep those surfaces clear of debris.
2. Get yourself some simplistic standing lamps like this one. I definitely recommend getting white lamps that are tall and stand on their own. This sort of thing looks amazing with wooden furniture. The light installed in your room’s ceiling may cast a gross glow on your pink/lilac paradise, so rely on other lamps to light your space.
3. You didn’t mention any windows, but hopefully you have some! Line them with tea candles, potpourri, small rocks or wooden statues.
4. Get yourself some flowering plants that love low-light and/or are low maintenance. Get them white or pink pots. For example:
5. If you have a closet door, hang a series of small pictures of posters on it. Make sure they’re framed! Something abstract would look amazing, or else a simple line drawing.
6. Keep your desk space clear of clutter! Maybe stash one of your flowering plants in one corner, but keep it bare.
7. Get yourself a lilac or pink patterned comforter. I recommend not going for something in a full color, because it may be overwhelming to look at. Look for something with stripes or designs.
8. Organize your books, DVDs, CDs (don’t know if you have any of these, but you get the idea) by color! Same goes for your clothes!
9. Wrap something jangling around the doorknob like chimes or a little bell to add a cute tinkle.
10. In terms of the wallpaper itself, I would recommend sticking to straight colors of a simple pattern. Definitely don’t want your room looking like a 1950s doctor’s office.
And TAKE PICTURES. Ya’ll. WHERE ARE THE PICTURES?