What are the girls' diets/workout routines?
Gigi’s Core-Focused Workout:
1. Warm up the core with 10 minutes of boxing.
2. Perform three sets of 40 crunches each.
3. Raise your heart rate with 10 minutes of boxing.
4. Perform three sets of 40 bicycle crunches each, kicking each leg out once per bicycle.
5. Box for another 10 minutes.
6. Take a plank pose to hit the transverse abdominals, holding for about 60 seconds, or as long as you can maintain good form (abs tight, no sway in the back, and the neck in a neutral position).
7. Super-set straight into leg raises to hit the lower abdominals, performing four sets of 25 leg raises each.
Gigi said: “It’s really important to get tested for your allergies and know what’s inflammatory for your body, what you shouldn’t be eating. I think all of those things are really important, more than following one person’s fitness and diet routine.”
- Breakfast: She wakes up at 7 in the morning and she has a cup of coffee or a simple breakfast of bacon, toast and scrambled eggs.
- Lunch: Gigi has her lunch at noon and usually visits JG Melon to have an arugula salad.
- Dinner: She eats sushi with her friends. If she is having a night in, she likes cooking and watches some TV show or a movie. Her day usually ends by watching Girls or Prison Break and sleeps by 11.30 PM.
“I’m not really a big “working out” person, but I definitely like to do cardio when I do. I guess I run sometimes, drink green juices once a week.”
She also likes to run (with or without a treadmill), do yoga, Pilates and walk around New York. She gets very self-conscious in front of a fitness trainer, so she tries to work out on her own. Her exercise regime is not set. Bella exercises whenever she gets some time. She tries hard to do cardio exercises for at least 15 minutes every day. She is also a fan of horse riding and has been doing it since she was just two years old.
In an interview with British Vogue, she talks about the difficulties of working out when you’re travelling a lot:
It’s hard with my schedule – every time I go somewhere I’m like “can you send me a pair of Nikes? I forgot my shoes!” I always forget something. But even this morning I went and swam in the pool, just to keep moving. When I’m home I like to train harder than usual. I haven’t really worked out a lot since the last VS show. My trainer always calls once he knows I’m in town. Like “I know you’re back, where are you?” And I’m like “sleeping?!”. But when I have the time and energy I’ll go. I love doing abs and ass, and getting my blood pumping. Running around keeps most of my body in check but I eat really badly when I’m travelling because I can’t help myself. It’s my comfort.
In a W Magazine interview promoting her Nike Cortez campaign:
‘As for her own workout routine—look at the multitude of crop-tops in the campaign, as there is definitely a routine—Hadid shared her go-to moves earlier this year. “I actually enjoy working out now with my trainer,” she said. “My sister loves boxing and will do a whole thing of boxing, but I prefer intervals, so like five minutes of boxing and then go do ass and abs. I really like doing fun workouts, like the thing where you slide or get to pull a rope. I do not like burpees.”’
Before VSFS: “I’ve been eating hard protein every day, and working out for three hours every day. It’s crazy but I think that you know if you set your mind to something I think you can succeed.”
On her dietary guilty pleasures:
‘Ooh. I mean, chicken nuggets, grilled cheeses, French fries, pizza, burgers. All those things. Usually my go-to is just ordering chicken fingers, grilled cheeses and fries when I get to the hotel. [The] burgers in London are really good.’
Rumour: According to this website this person tried eating like Bella for 7 days and went to Bella’s nutritionist. I don’t know if Bella eats exactly like this but here is what the nutritionist recommends:
Workout: She likes to focus on abs, but says that it hurts to even laugh the next day. She also said that she uses Instant Abs Trainer (free app): “Sometimes when I’m watching TV, I think to myself, ‘I should be doing crunches and sit ups right now.’ Then I get off the couch and do it”. You can read how she got ready for VSFS here.
- Detox Diet Tea (Up to 12 cups a day)
- Fruit: Strawberries, Grapes, Apples
- Vegetables: Carrot / Celery Sticks
- Salad: Kale / Spinach
- Oily Fish: (Salmon, etc.)
- Lean Protein: Yogurt, Smoothies
- Organic: Eggs, Milk, Produce
Workout: Kylie said that she sometimes workout with her family but this website claims that this is how she works out .
Diet: she opts for foods high in fiber that taste good. High fiber foods allow you to eat things that taste good, but with less calories. Fibrous foods don’t turn into fat. Carbs, without much fiber, do.
- Breakfast: eats avocado toast, oatmeal, bagels and waffles. She loves Avocado Toast with Chicken strips (healthy fat + carb + protein).
- Lunch: From organic-pressed juice to smoothies, she loves it all. She loves to eat Mexican food, especially tacos and guacamole.
Her go-to staples are: Chicken, fish, veggies and rice. One meal was Lemon Bacon Arugula Pasta. She also loves: Shrimp Fried Rice, Asparagus and Teriyaki Chicken.
“I think you kind of have to force yourself to exercise – even when you don’t want to. I always end up feeling better after a workout when I force myself to just do it. I used to be a ballet dancer, so doing things that I enjoy that don’t feel like exercise – like talking classes, doing Pilates or things like that are good. I also like to randomly play a sport that I’m bad at – I like going to play soccer with people, or trying to play tennis with people – and teach myself that way. I’m competitive, so I’m always open to learning and trying [a new sport].”
Her favourite workout:
“I don’t like to run. You will not see my running on a treadmill ever. Ever! I like boxing, though, so if I can go to the gym and box for 30 minutes, I will.”
Diet:“I try to be very strict about eating just for my skin and my body.”
But Hailey does break the rules on occasion—particularly on vacation. “I did go to the Maldives not too long ago,” she recalled. “I felt like that was like, super lavish, indulgent. I was eating whatever I wanted when I was there because it was just like you’ve got to take advantage of those moments.”
She also really emphasises the importance of drinking lots of water.
- Breakfast: “On a regular day, breakfast is usually eggs or oatmeal, some type of healthy protein, or a smoothie.”
- Lunch: “Lunch is usually salad, fish, grilled veggies, or maybe a sandwich. I don’t really eat a lot of gluten so I’m trying to be particular. I love a good kale Caesar salad [but with] no croutons. That’s usually one thing I leave out.”.
“Dinner is usually kind of along the same lines [as lunch]—some sort of vegetable, or pasta, like a gluten free pasta. Chicken, maybe. Sometimes [I’ll do dessert]. I really like the Magnum (ice cream) bars, obviously that’s a great one. [But I generally try to avoid] sugar. Sugar’s a big one for everyone, I think.”
- Cheat day:“A cheat day for me, the first thing that I crave, I’ll eat. That’s my rule. So if I wake up and I want pancakes, I’m gonna eat pancakes. If I want a cheeseburger for lunch or for dinner, I’m gonna eat it. If I want fries, I’m gonna eat the fries.”
Hailey’s favorite burger is the same as Gigi Hadid’s (the one she ate on Jimmy Fallon’s show, notably): “I love J.G. Melon. It is so good. I actually think…no, she’s not the one who took me there, but it’s bomb, and I don’t think enough people know about it.”