Any headcanons you have on being close friends with Modern!AU Hamilsquad? (^.^)
boss’ memo : i think this is one of the first straight up platonic requests i’ve had !! very nice!!!!
- hercules might not carry a bag, but he honestly has anything you could ever ask for just in his pockets. need a phone charger? he’s gotcha. bandaids? yeah. gloves? yep. bubble wrap? mm-hmm. he makes for an excellent Parent Friend! he’s the one who also lets everyone just come and hangout at his house. it’s pretty cool of him! he goes long periods without making any puns, but whenever one of the others says one (usually john) he’s quick to start firing them off in rapid succession, and can go on for an hour or two or five.
- you can always vent to him ! also, if you’re a really close friend of yours, he might actually open up to you!
- for all that he talks, he never really reveals more about himself other than the standard instruction… he’s one of those friends that, when you take a step back, you realize that you don’t actually know that much about him,,
- if you mess up on something or accidentally hurt the feelings of one of the others, hercules will make sure that the problem gets solved,,, he doesn’t want anyone to split the friend group nor does he like drama
- lafayette is that one friend who likes to ask you for favors constantly, but you can’t ever really dislike him for it because he always does his best to make life easier for you,, he likes to playfully tease you and the others and may bond with you over being salty about someone / something,, he’s got info on everyone,,,
- if you’re the type to make big, wild plans about anything, he’ll usually tag along and support you so long that it doesn’t get either of you hurt,, he’s your partner in crime !!
- (and if you ask him for any favors, he’s glad to do them for you!!)
- if you ever get into any hobby or game or media–lafayette also supports you there !! he’ll probably join you and will be three times as enthusiastic about whatever it is that you like
- like hercules, you can tell he really likes you if he shares what’s going on in his mind!!
- alex has lots of friends but only a few close ones,, if he’s listening to you talk, it’s a clear sign that he thinks highly of you–you don’t even have to fight for his attention, ‘cause if you’re close enough to him, when you speak? he listens and absorbs your every word (he’s one of those sainted people who will help suggest a word or thought if you can’t think of one)
- he might love you as a friend, but he’s super competitive and you can bet that he’ll laugh happily if he wins over you in any game, ever,,, he might flaunt the victory in your face but he means it with love
- in a similar sense, he will reply with any typos you make and might just make them into inside jokes
- (you have so many inside jokes with him you can honestly just talk purely in them,, s’like your own language!)
- a lot of your friendship with him is playful bantering–it’s lots of fun when you’re in the same room as him with lafayette
- john’s a protective friend through and through, and if he gets wind that you’ve ever been picked on or bullied you can expect him to Get Mean about the other person,, just because he’s a sweetheart for you doesn’t mean he’ll be the same towards anyone who’s wronged you,,,, he doesn’t forgive easily and if you’re trying to make amends with someone who’s previously hurt you, you can expect him to flat out inform them that he’s watching. and he doesn’t trust them.
- he’s really good for late night talks,,, he doesn’t often give out advice but when he does it’s pretty useful !! john will often just end up listening and comforting you if you vent to him, might also exchange a similar experience that he’s had! he’s not afraid to share !
- he likes to steal your food (with permission!! give it once and you’ve created a food stealing monster)
- he’s quick to become upset and while he holds grudges, past a certain point of friendship with him, he becomes more forgiving and more likely to be sympathetic towards you,,
- in general, you don’t really have to worry about him being upset at you for too long because if you already know the others then it’s a clear sign john wants you as a friend for life. (plus, herc is always quick to sort things out)
- most of your time is spent at hercules’ house, each of you doing separate activities (or maybe two or three of you are playing a game with the others watching). but generally, a lot of the time in your friendship with each other is just… enjoying each other’s presence, really!
- platonic and sarcastic “i love you”s are frequent and sometimes hilarious