Hi ! Since you're a Zeke expert, what do you think the voice of Zeke will look like ? Thanks and sorry if the question look weird :') love your blog and your memes !
I’ve actually talked about this with other people before, and it’s one of my biggest hopes for Season 2 to have the voice of my favorite character be pulled off nicely. Kaji Yuuki IS Eren at this point, and I want to have this type of voice actor. One that is for Zeke and will be recognized for playing him for long times to come. And there aren’t many people who can pull of the “Asshole Villain Who Is Kind of a Good Guy But Also Kind of Not” type of character.
Now, when it comes to Japanese voice actors, Guy is usually the man to ask about these things as he’s way more informed than I am. However, from the people I’ve talked with, I have actually seen some pretty interesting ideas. There are only two that I can mention but to be honest, I think Guy would be a lot better at finding an appropriate voice actor for Zeke in Japanese, so go ask him. Anyway:
- Mamoru Miyano (Light Yagami - Death Note)
- Kaito Ishikawa (Genos - One Punch Man)
- Kazuhiko Inoue (Kakashi Hatake - Naruto)
I think both of those are good suggestions, though Miyano’s lower-pitch Kira voice is the one I am directed at since everyday Light’s voice is a bit too… clean for a character like Zeke. Ishikawa on the other hand is also the same, but he can make lower-pitched voices… there are probably better suggestions for both of them.
Kazuhiko Inoue is probably the one I would choose out of the three. I’ve watched Naruto a lot in the past and Kakashi’s japanese lines were always amazing. But again, there are probably better people, but Inoue is a great choice nonetheless!
Here is an area which I am slightly more familiar with. Here are a few people I can think of off the top of my head.
- Chris Hury (Grisha Jaeger - Attack on Titan) - Hury is an amazing voice actor and sadly you won’t find much info on him on the internet. However, from the little amount of lines Grisha had in Season 1, I am absolutely stunned at the performance that he can give. In fact, it would be kind of appropriate to have Zeke’s voice actor be the same as Grisha, since he is his son. Maybe the pitch and overall tone can be changed so it’s not exactly the same, but still a very good choice!
- Carlos Alazraqui - This man can make so many different voices for so many different characters, and some of the roles I’ve heard him in are just screaming Zeke. He’s done a ton of cartoon characters and is an absolute genius. If you can’t have Zeke’s voice, he can create it.
- Todd Haberkorn (Obito Uchiha Adult, Unmasked - Naruto Shippuden Spoiler Warning, DEMO HERE) - This is my choice. Alazraqui may be able to create the voice, but if you are looking for a set in concrete good voice for Zeke, this man is almost certainly my choice. The age and overall feeling you get in the ears from listening to him talking just flat-out screams Zeke to me. Maybe it can be a little lower pitched, but I think he can pull it off!
- Mark Hamill (Fire Lord Ozai - Avatar: The Last Airbender) - It’s Skywalker himself! And a damn good villain voice actor at that. He did the Joker, he did Ozai, and he even did the main villain in one of my childhood video games which no one has probably heard of. If you need a good villain, he can do it. Maybe his voice is too deep for Ozai, but he can give Zeke a unique feeling! I doubt they will actually put him in, but he is definitely a suggestion which I can’t pass!
Those would be my main picks. Todd Haberkorn is my favorite and I would definitely cast him if the choice was up to me. Sure there are others which i may have never heard about, but from all of those that I’ve heard, this guy is my number one pick.
This was a really interesting question to answer and overall it was very fun. I mean, talking about your favorite character being animated and “brought to life” soon is very fun, of course! If you have any thoughts of your own or suggestions for Zeke voice actors, make sure to let me know! I’m always open to these kinds of talks!