hi 👋 I just wanted to say I've been following your for ages & your tumblr is goals af - I also wanted to ask/say I was so disappointed to find that people on tumblr are just outright hating on acowar & completely disregarding the fact that it did have some wonderfully beautiful moments with our fave characters, there was more representation (I mean hello Helion & various other sexy poc) & we got a nice ending where no one died - isn't that what we have all been praying for since September!? Pt1
I’m not ignoring the fact that there were no flaws in her writing or some of the decisions she made about the plot but it’s just so sad to see what once was a wonderful & loving fandom (albeit as but of a salty one) become something nasty. I just wanted to ask how you felt about how no one is focusing on the good right now as well as looking forward to all the stuff in the novellas ☺️ Pt 2
Oh man! This is great! And I gotta tell ya, I have positive posts and theory posts READY TO GO! I’m just stalling on the posts cuz not everyone has read the book yet. So I’m waiting.
But a mini list of things I was/am super excited about in ACOWAR:
1) Maas FINALLY got more distinguished about skin color in this book! The illyrians were golden-brown. (It was odd when she said Lucien was too—but again not complaining.)
2) I’m happy that we have a main character who is gay. And I know that not everyone is okay with how it was done, but I said this before and I’ll say it again, I would rather Maas try and get it wrong then not try at all. And I know people who identify really REALLY hard with Mor’s story in this book—so it can’t be all bad.
3) We also got some GREAT Azriel moments!!! Which I honestly needed. He is an interesting dude. And Maas was on her game for his scenes. She did a LOT of showing and not telling when it came to his decisions and interactions ESPECIALLY with Elain. And let’s just say my heart grew three sizes.
4) She left us with mystery! I NEED to know what Nesta really is! I get she’s probably a witch, but by what the Bone Carver said—that can’t be all! I NEED to know why Vassa said Mr. Archeron was like a father to her! I need to know if Elain is a low-key shadowsinger, or if Truth-Teller allowed her to travel through the shadows! WHY DOES THE CAULDRON LIKE ELAIN???! It’s not supposed to feel! SO WHY was it showing Elain how mad it was when Nesta took from it? What did it show Elain when it lured her from the war camp, and did it have ANYTHING to do with her reaction to Azriel?!
5) The set up for NESSIAN was fantastic. Like. I can’t even explain how great it was when they likened her to a death god and him to a god of warriors. WHO BETTER TO WALK HAND IN HAND WITH DEATH THAN A WARRIOR?! 💀💔🗑 classic Maas meaning right there
6) LUCIEN GETTING HIS GROOVE BACK! That poor child has been cloistered away, living in exile in the Spring Court—he finally got to spend his wings! He got to go on a mini quest! He went into the library to get a book to READ FOR PLEASURE. He still loves Jesminda—that was pretty clear—but he is learning to be his own man again. He was surrounded by people who valued his opinion. By people WHO ASKED for his opinion! JAYSUS. And not I think he is gonna do big things. He’s gonna see the world, meet his real dad, Use his Spell-Cleaver powers to save Vassa and maybe fall in love with her. Because let’s be honest, she seemed pretty in line with Jesminda and Lucien seemed to value Jes’s choice to love him. Ugh. My sweet fox!
7) Nesta showed some serious vulnerability and she stopped acting like a jerk to push people/feeling away. She is a complicated being. And she showed a lot of depth in this book. I think she is 100% aware of the mating bond. But Idk about Cassian. And what were her and Amren really doing in the Court of Nightmares? Did Amren tell Nesta she’s a witch, or was Devlon the first person to say that to her? WHAT IS SHE REALLY?!
8) ARCHERON. SISTER. FLUFF. Dudes. Oh, my dudes. After they saved Elain and Nesta ran to Feyre first and then they all slept in the bed together JUST LIKE OLD TIMES. KILL. ME. DEAD. I WAS ALIVE! THE FEELS! It still causes me physical pain to think about it!
And gosh. I could go on. But I’ll stop here. Maybe make a post for later. LOL.