Might I inquire to know what tfc is, exactly? What does it stand for? I presume it's a book series, is it not? It seems decent, so I figured I'd ask.
HELLO DO YOU HAVE A MINUTE TO TALK ABOUT TFC. I PROMISE THIS BOOK WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE.
(aka please sell your soul and join me in hell)
tfc is short for the foxhole court, which is both, an alternative name for the all for the game series by nora sakavic and the title of the first book.
it centers around neil, the son, the puppy (i love neil very much) and his freshmen year with the palmetto state university’s foxes. the foxes are a team that is unusual in two aspects:
A) they play a sport called exy, something that the author herself came up with and that my lazy ass likes to explain as “lacrosse. just…better.” all you need to know (for now) is that it can be pretty violent, is co-ed and neil loves it very much.
B) their coach, david wymack (please adopt me), chooses only players for his line-up who come from “questionable” backgrounds. (i.e. abuse, drugs, complicated family drama etc.). therefore they are a fractured mess with no real image of team spirit. (hence great chance for C H A R A C T E R D E V E L O P M E N T )
you would think this is enough to make up a pretty decent bookseries with angsty athletes and their everyday drama but BEHOLD. because besides characters that take this sport seriously in levels ranging from me and any sport to oliver wood and quidditch the foxhole court is served with a side of mafia, death, and pain. i don’t want to take away too much hence my lack of explanation but let’s just say when i started the series i expected none of this darkness, i died about 29292 deaths and i loved every second of it.
what really makes this for me (besides its intriguing plot ofc) are all of the characters. and when i say all of them i mean literally all of them. usually you’ll find series with secondary characters that are just there to fill plotholes, never once important again. you don’t waste a second thought on them usually. then there’s this gem, where all of them have a layer to their personality that gets you interested in them, not a single one seems to be unnecessary and i love. every. part. of it. since talking about all of those lovely minors would take weeks probably i’ll settle on the mains right now, my children, my family, the foxes.
(i’ll try to keep this as spoilerfree as possible, but still, there could be some i didn’t recognize as such. there definitely are.)
they can be devided into two groups:
1) ANDREW’S LOT
- u kno those moments while reading where the character is being a dick throughout all of ut but you still think “yup, i’ll get attached to you”
- that’s it
- ‘sociopath’ , on drugs that cheat on all of his emotions
- can be pretty scary
- has knives -> ready to cut a bitch at any time of day and will do so
- also very protective and the mom friend
- Andrew’s twin
- angry about all the things. constantly.
- he may seem like he doesn’t care. it’s because he doesn’t. (this is what canon says but my heart says that SOMEWHERE,,,,DEEP DOWN,,,,,)
- how did i grow so fond of this grumpy midget (the twins are tiny. like. tiny.)
- the gay cousin
- no srsly, he’s the twins cousin and he’s gay
- half mexican
- if this was a supernatural thing nicky would be the friend of the main character without special powers but a hell lotta sarcasm
- has a boyfriend in germany
- can talk for hours where is the off-button
- you know how i talked about oliver wood and quidditch?
- kevin is the oliver wood of exy
- “coach you can’t cancEL EXY” “kevin there are people dying”
- insensitivity, arrogance and determination all list kevin in their definitions but he can pull it off and still remain your child
- just watch him take over your heart bc he will
2) THE UPPERCLASSMEN
- used to be a stripper
- is now captain of the foxes
- also my mom
- idk man when i read it dan was just so #relatable to me???
- will fight.
- (i keep forgetting but he is a) rich kid from nyc
- a good bro
- literally so unproblematic???
- absolutely in love with dan
- the parents those two
- please step on my face
- has money and you won’t forget it
- raging feminist
- couldve enherited her parents business but chose exy
- did i mention STEP ON MY FACE
- hates everyone
- except allison sometimes
- matts and neils roomie
- weird sleeping habits
- grumpy cat
- the christian sweetheart
- can and will fight. politely tho.
- “who doesn’t like renee???!!!!!” (-nicky)
- she literally baked cookies for the team
i love all of those children so so so much. so. much.
as well as this series. i just finished it today so have some general (bait) information
(this is just all my thoughts in no particular order)
- tackles certain subjects that are usually romanticised/ written in an unsatisfactory matter really well (such as rape, selfharm, abuse etc) ((putting a trigger-warning here though, it can be really dark, like i mentioned!!))
- some pretty decent queer representation
- neil was confirmed demisexual so my ace heart sings
- you can literally not. stop. reading.
- everyone speaks like 5 languages??? they keep switching??????(fairly often they soeak german and it was pretty fun for me to translate it in my head and see what it would sound like)
- i feel like a not small amount of twenty one pilots songs would fit this series pretty well but im not into top enough to confirm 100%
- the author has a tumblr with loads of usefull background info (since she’s focusing on a new series this year there probably won’t be many additions but tbh there is so much already there isn’t even anything to complain about???)
- you know how ever series has that one/handful of character(s) that make you want to scream out because theY HAD ENOUGH AND THEY DONT DESERVE THIS SHIT JUST GIVE THEM A BREAK? its all of them in this book. i can tell you who wont get a break and its YOU
- and last but not least the first book is FREE on amazon and smashwords! the other two (the raven king, the king’s men) are a dollar each!! join hell now for 2 $ !!!!
im publishing this because all of my followers should need to get following message out of this incoherent pile of thoughts: