(Okay, so I’m starting a little “series” thing. I’ve got ideas for all of the Potter-Malfoy kids and I’ll be releasing drawings and headcanons of them. I hope you enjoy!!)
The first of the Potter-Malfoy kids I’d like to introduce you to are Anita and Lyra, the oldest.
- I imagine there’s lots of muggle-born kids who are given up because of their parent’s thinking their demonic or whatever
- + there’s no way any magical government would let them just grow up in foster homes bc they may give off bursts of magic which is multiple kinds of dangerous
- + since there’s not a humongous wizard population, there’s the possibility that there’s a huge international wizard foster home/orphanage.
- I imagine it’s quite multicultural and if a child ends us spending most of their childhood there, it is made sure that they keep their language and culture intact.
- there are of course kids of other blood statuses, but it’s probably about 75% muggle-born
- So, on another note: Harry and Draco get married fairly early (about 2000, when their both 19.)
- because there’s a huge rush to do things after the war.
- everyone who was caught up in it have this urgency in their lives after feeling like they could lose everything in a blink of an eye.
- So all these kids go into their adult lives doing things in a rush. they go after their jobs, move back to be near their families, travel, get married etc.
- Harry and Draco move back to Grimould place bc, even though Harry has shit memories there, he feels the need to continue making it a place full of love. Something it wasn’t when sirius was there.
- + since it has (yet again) gone into a bit of disrepair Draco slaps on an apron and cleans the entire fucking house with the help of Molly (bc what are household spells ??? How do those ???)
also when Molly gets over Draco’s past and gets to know him she fucking lovES him
- So Draco + Harry have only been married for a year when they decide they want kids.
- the big house was so quiet and they both want to be parents so badly, to be the fathers they never had.
- so they travel out to this international foster home and decide they want a new born child to be their first, so that they can get the “whole experience”. They go through all the background checks and procedures to make sure they’re fit parents.
- from there on it’s a waiting game
- they’re notified in December of 2001 that the home has acquired two children from a woman who had given birth days ago + Draco and Harry immediately drop everything to rush down there
Anita + Lyra specific:
- They’re twin muggle born girls from Morroco and they’re beautiful
- Draco and Harry fell in love with them instantly and adopt them within the week
- Draco is absolutely adamant about naming all their kids after constellations as the Black family tradition goes. Thus, Lyra (Narcissa) and Anita (Lily) are decided on.
- Harry’s totally fine with and suggests that they just take the Malfoy name but Draco’s just like ??? are you insane ? your famous and my family’s nearly extinct ? They’ll have both our names and can decide if they want to go by one or the other (or both) ??
- They’re identical and after having an extremely hard time telling them apart, Draco goes and buys these head bands, one with flowers and one with stars. Anita is given the flowers and Lyra the stars
- They’re just bursting with magic from day one. So much so that Draco + Harry are constantly cleaning up things they’ve shattered. But they love it, really.
- Draco is a stay at home dad bc he can’t stand working at the ministry for another second
- they try their best to keep their culture with them and buy tons of muggle books to learn Arabic and teach the girls Arabic
- Harry is “bābā” and Draco is “daddy”
- Anita is very soft and says ‘OH!’ (which turns into damn! as she gets older) every time anything is dropped or she accidentally breaks something. She insists on helping cleaning or cooking. She’s a bit shy and smiles with her nose crinkled. She’s incredibly smart but can get herself into mischief and is a bit too good at lying for Harry’s comfort
- Lyra is a bit more reckless. She’s always laughing and snarking and getting into trouble. But she wears her heart on her sleeve and is so easy to read. she’s also a bit of a whirlwind of emotions. She empathizes so hard with everyone around her that it’s hard for her not to get frustrated
- Lucius - who already had an incredibly hard time warming up to the whole Harry and Draco idea in the first time - absolutely flips out when he hears that they’ve adopted muggleborns
- + Draco is just not fucking having it though.
- and in a heated argument tells Lucius that he’d chose “his girls” over his “shite father” any day and that if Lucius he has a problem with his granddaughters than he has no business coming around Draco’s family ever again because they will not stand that kind of prejudice anymore
- therefore, the only of his friend’s kids he can allow around L + A is are Blaise’s. (bc Blaise’s mother was nOT here for Voldemort in the first place and neither really was Blasie when push came to shove.
ive got about a billion head canons about Blaise’s mum. Someone ask me some day)
- Narcissa on the other hand is thrilled when Draco tells her she’s a grandmother. She adores them and spoils them with Andromeda. (bc after the war Narcissa stopped giving two flying fucks about the constricted “perfect pureblood” mess she grew up in and for once in her life is just her god damn self, fuck everyone else.)
- She eventually brings Lucius around. And though, Draco still holds bitterness about the whole situation, he gets past it after Lucius does.
- Lucius also comes to adore the girls and continues to try to buy them things that are waaay too expensive and grand + Draco is just like “no no no no no. you’re not giving 3 year olds two of the latest broom models. Those are for full grown professional quidditch players for Merlin’s sake!”
- Draco is wonderful parent but is very helicopter-esque about the kids getting hurt or doing anything remotely dangerous
- while Harry likes to do the whole “living room wrestling” and “foot races through the mud” sort of thing.
- They eventually create a sort of back yard for the kids at Grimould (sort of like the suitcase world Newt had but obviously smaller) for the kids to race around on their (toddler sized) broom sticks
- They’re both Slytherins and like a scarier more lowkey Fred and George
- Mcgonagall has a mini heart attack when she see’s their names on the list of first years
(bc what thE FUCK THOSE TWO ARE MARRIED WITH chILDREN)
- they both decide to go with “Potter-Malfoy” in whole
half bc they love people’s expressions when hearing itbut on their quidditch jerseys Anita has Potter and Lyra has Malfoy. Anita is a beater and Lyra is a keeper