We know Lance is super smart, but... Headcanon that sometimes in everyday situations (or what counts for everyday situations when you're fighting a space war) he just loses all common sense and says and does dumb things. It happens so much and it's so funny that the team starts calling these times Lance Moments. Even when someone else does a dumb thing, it is called having a Lance Moment.
dude sorry this was one of those asks i’ve been sitting on bc i just. love to think of not only lance moments. but a whole array of paladin moments.
- lance moment: when you get too overconfident and embarrass yourself
- origin: “wow that’s like 1000 plus 10″, and other greatest hits
shiro: hey guys be careful there’s a bunch of debris up ahead
keith: whatever i can handle it [promptly crashes into space garbage]
pidge: LMAOOO KEITH LANCED UP
- keith moment: when you forget all social etiquette
- origin: just when the other kids had finally acclimated him to Teenage Interactions, he tried to fistbump a diplomat and it was interpreted as an attack
alien host: and here is our most sacred animal
lance: [slapping a hand over her mouth] what keith here meant to say was,
- pidge almost has more keith moments than keith. but keith’s are always more disastrous so he holds the title.
- pidge moment: when you completely forget that there’s something else you’re supposed to be doing
- origin: pidge was supposed to be developing a virus or something so everyone left her alone but after a full day somebody checked on her and it turns out she got distracted and had actually been programming a game on her computer
coran: oh, hunk! did you finish recalibrating the teludav?
hunk: [surrounded by books on taujeerian biology] did i what
pidge: AHA!! IT WASN’T ME THIS TIME!!
- hunk moment: when you get overemotional at inopportune times
- origin: everyone pulled off an incredible maneuver in the middle of a battle and hunk started tearing up and talking about how much he loves everyone and “hunk, i love you too buddy, but maybe save this for later”
shiro: …and you’re such a smart and talented young lady and i’m so proud of everything you’ve accomplished–
pidge: ok ok i know hunk thank you but i really need to be hacking into this server right now
- shiro moment: when you accidentally let something really morbid slip out
- origin: after two sleepless nights, allura asked shiro if there was anything he needed and he replied in a monotone “the sweet embrace of death”
coran: it’s a fascinating creature honestly! once it has completed growing, it only has ten quintants before its body begins destroying itself.
keith: …are you ok? that was a very shiro thing to say.
- allura moment: when you surprise everyone with a previously unknown kickass ability
- origin: the shapeshifting thing, and probably many others
pidge: [grabs a stick and knocks a bomb far into the distance]
lance: what the heck
pidge: what? matt and i used to play baseball all the time, i’m pretty good at it
lance: god you’re such an allura
- coran moment: when you pull a paladin moment, but play it off flawlessly
- origin: anything he ever says. he’s making up half the nonsense that comes out of his mouth. nobody notices or calls him out on it.
- example: there are none. coran is the only being known to pull off a coran moment.