Seeing you in the hallway makes my stomach drop to my knees. I feel like I can’t breathe when I’m around you. I attempt to say “hi” but the word just doesn’t come out. You have no idea how infatuated I am with you.
I mean, I’m not gonna pretend I didn’t feel a stab through my chest when I read the spoiler that practically kept me up half the night, but there really isn’t any point in panicking right now. I mean, what do we know for sure?
1. Robert worships the ground Aaron walks on and they are the loves of each others lives - confirmed by the guy in charge of the whole show (umm hello?!!). We’ve also had mentions from Ryan in interviews that it’s all about Aaron and Liv and their family unit. And they’ve built them a set! AND Iain even entertained talks about a Robron baby. This is NOT going to break them apart.
2. Robert is completely gutted he got torn apart from Aaron the day after their wedding, and grief/stress does strange things to people. Especially if you’re Robert Sugden.
3. Robert will struggle to cope with life without Aaron, especially when he can’t even hold his husband when he visits him. Imagine how much that would mess with your head.
4. Robert will do and is doing anything in his power to get Aaron out of there sooner. These are not the actions of someone who wants to be with someone else. And we all know that Robert will lie, and cheat, and do whatever it takes if something matters to him.
5. Robert is trying to stay strong for everyone but will no doubt get to a point where he breaks. This spoiler is most likely that ‘breaking’ moment. And I am 100% here for that if it brings some honest and frank discussion of Robert struggling with his emotions, and without Aaron.
6. Robert potentially makes a shitty life decision involving Rebecca, in the midst of his devastation and grief, and then confides in Chas about it because he regrets what he’s done. Don’t tell that’s not progress. Robert never admits when he’s wrong! And we don’t know what he does - so there’s no point panicking and making assumptions - but even if it is the worst thing imaginable, then maybe, I dunno, it takes that actually happening for Robert to realise he has a problem, to recognise Aaron’s trust issues and to deal with them. But, for the record, I REALLY CAN’T SEE IT GOING THAT FAR.
7. Robert only makes said decision after visiting Aaron in prison, where he would have seen his husband battered and broken, and turning to drugs. He will be beside himself with fear and worry. He knows Aaron thought about killing himself last time he was there, and we know he couldn’t handle the thought of losing Aaron again. It will make him SO DESPERATE to get Aaron out. OR, there is the real possibility that Aaron pushes him away (100% an Aaron move), and that Robert then can add anger to his list of emotions bubbling under the surface.
So I guess all I’m saying is - don’t panic?? I know that’s easier said than done, and I definitely had a panic myself, even though I’m usually immune to spoiler panic. But just try and focus on how bloody lucky we really have been. I mean, Robron should really have been done and dusted when Robert put a gun to Aaron’s head, let’s be honest. But ED brought them back from that, in a way that was 100% genuine and believable. And then gave us an incredible wedding. They’ve established them as the power couple of the village - and they wouldn’t do all of that work for nothing.
“Part of good drama is to understand want the audience wants and make them wait for it and not necessarily give them the easiest route from A to B. Robert and Aaron have survived a hell of a lot of challenges over the years and it will continue to be like that. But I think ultimately whatever happens, I feel that they are the love of each others’s lives. Whatever else might happen, the long term destination will eventually see them coming back together whatever they go through.“ - Iain MacLeod
If you feel like it, please respond with five things that make you happy when you get this. Then, send to the last ten people in your notifications anonymously. You never know who might benefit from spreading positivity! 🌼
Aw every time I go through my notes now I’m getting to remember some of the people who crop up a few times, and it’s such a lovely feeling! Every time I see your icon I’m like “Ayyy it’s you!” Like a dork 😂 but thank you for your continued support, ily guys! ❤
I hate how I’ve become so attached to you. I’m not this person. I don’t sit around waiting for a text or a response. I don’t stare at my phone every 5 minutes just to see if you have messaged me or whether or not you’re active on social media. I don’t look at old pictures and try to relive old memories in my head. I don’t get sad if we don’t talk for a day or more. This isn’t me, but lately that’s who I’ve been. I hate this. I hate how I’ve made you so important in my life.
-I hate how I’ve given you the ability to destroy me.
- Dan literally wearing a trash bag that said ‘Phil Trash #1’ nbd
- and let’s not forget the “dads of the year” award
- Dan dragging Phil for his ‘brrrmany’ tweet lmao (he had it coming to be fair)
- ALSO PHIL RECREATING DAN’S FIRST VIDEO IN GERMAN AND IT WAS ICONIC
- “Hallo, mein Name ist [ Dan ]”
- I C O N I C
- “You want me to choke you?…I’m not gonna say dad like I did in Dublin" D A N
- We made Dan name the lama “Merkel” and he just went “I feel like we’re just trying to see how fast Phil and I can get deported” lmao
- “That sounds like a few Dutch eagles mating over there” followed by “WHY ARE YOU LAUGHING THAT WAS SO OFFENSIVE”
- THAT ONE BIT DURING THE INTERNET IS HERE WHERE THEY?? LOOKED AT EACH OTHER FOR A TOTALLY INAPPROPRIATE AMOUNT OF TIME??? AND I THOUGHT THEY WERE GONNA KISS?? I’M STILL SCREAMING I HOPE Y'ALL NOTICED THAT TOO
- also before the show started they played Youth and I feel like we screamed just as loud as during the show we’re all still Troye trash