bae is asleep… so i had time to think of serious tings before i plan another day of festivities
- i’ma keep doing what i been doing. try, have some successes, have some failures, and keeping growing n blossoming.
- oppression is relational. know who your actual enemies are. internecine spats are not the same as “fighting oppression.”
- avoid environments that swear by “social justice” or “inclusitivity” if their notions of education are wedded primarily to punitive solutions. avoid environments that cannot discern between human flaws, human error, and a potential for growth for the vulnerable. a prison isn’t more progressive if rainbows are plastered onto it.
- question why you, or anyone else, would self identity as “radical”
- most importantly, take care of yourself. emotionally, spiritually, and physically.
- do what you can, where you can. start at home. start in your backyard. start with what is close to you. you cannot possibly claim to know the hidden secrets that will heal the world if you can’t even name your individual local electors. go to the library. connect with others.
- read things that encourage you to envision a better future. be practical, effective, and be curious about potential.
- difference without stigma is more intriguing than utopian sameness.
- you can’t make strides before you take a step. start small and continue your momentum.
- may you be prosperous and come closer to your goals and aspirations as the days go on.