I wanted to draw Grimmjow with long hair. Also Ichihime as soldiers… or rather a princess that can protect the soldier back. Took a lot of liberties with the armour please don’t try to make sense of them!(ichihime only version of this post)
I have some personal notes for Grimm’s Alternative Versions under the ReadMore, but as far as the other pics go, there’s not much to say. Hope you like it anyway.
I know a lot of you loved the finale, but a lot of you are also devastated and thinking the separation will be the end of Bellarke. To be honest, before the episode aired, I was thinking the same thing. But now, more than ever, I’m convinced that they will happen eventually, and here’s why:
There wasn’t enough dramatic build-up for a final separation.
But wait, I hear you say, we literally watched them struggle to make it to space the entire episode, until we watched the clock tick out and Clarke run out of time. There was a hug. There was a heartfelt speech about how great Clarke thinks Bellamy is (a strong callback to the Season 1 finale). How much more dramatic build-up do you want?!
But the thing is, there was no big, heartwrenching moment. YMMV may vary on this, of course, because watching Bellamy decide to leave Clarke behind, watching her follow the rocket’s way up to space from the tower… those were heartbreaking, sure.
But there was no last-minute, desperate confession of love. Their final words to each other were “Hurry up” - “you too”. That’s not how you end a ship you’ve spent four seasons building up. Bellarke didn’t end the way Clarke’s other loves ended, because it hasn’t ended yet.
Will the years of separation leave them changed in ways we can’t anticipate yet? Probably. But we’ve seen Clarke state that she’s actively trying to hold on to who she is by contacting Bellamy. We’ve seen Bellamy determined to keep going the way Clarke would want him to keep going, for her. Whatever happens, they will stay with each other in some way.
Will there be other love interests thrown their way? Also yes, probably, because this is TV-land and you can’t have all the pretty people running around not kissing each other. Bellamy and Echo’s conversation seemed like a set-up for them to grow closer, but I don’t think it has the potential to grow into anything resembling the love he has for Clarke. He says it himself, he doesn’t know if he’ll ever trust her. As for Clarke, sure, there may be other survivors she’s living with or run into, and she may have a thing with someone. (Although I’d love it if it was just her and her new adopted daughter who came out of nowhere.) But if she does, it can’t be that deep - otherwise, she wouldn’t still, after >2000 days, be talking to Bellamy every day without even knowing if he hears her. That doesn’t exactly say “I moved on”.
So, I’m wary of next season. I’m sad about the separation, and a little annoyed too. I’m sure there will be repercussions to it, and new obstacles to overcome (for example, why haven’t the others come down yet? don’t tell me it’s because Raven forgot the date.)
But I also still believe in them. This episode was not the end of Bellarke.
reptiles are nice!!! i have two gay budgies and four chickens! the chickens are a recent addition but they're getting used to people very quickly! the budgies are like,, made to withstand an apocalypse they are super birbs
Gay budgies? that’s a first, i’d love to see a picture of them in their gay glory. and hey! i used to own chickens too, what are their names?(if you named them;;)
(1) the last time this happened, I was told that only the first five tags ended up in the searchable tags. so, as you can see from the screenshot, I left all the general character tags until AFTER five tags in. if the rules are different, I don’t know about that.
(2) I totally *did* anti-tag, before the character tags even! I was told that it didn’t matter where you did tags for black-listing. if the rules are different, I don’t know about that. I’ve also been told that sometimes anti-tags don’t work properly for mobile users. if that’s the issue, idk what you want me to do about that.
(3) the character tags are to keep the blog in (relative) order and make it easily searchable. I hate the idea of messing up the tag system for convention, thus the compromise of pushing the character tags to the end as to avoid this exact type of angry message(s).
(4) if you think i’m salty enough about a specific character to want to deliberately piss people off (as opposed to just done with the show in general) you don’t know me very well. I am on the record multiple times (including in the tags for that post) as saying that I don’t like anti tags, but I still use them because people have asked me nicely and it’s the way this website works, no matter how much I think it’s weird and not conducive to conversation.
(5) while we’re on the topic, when does a post even cross the neutral/anti meridian? If a post is like, “Wilby is a garbage dog who can go straight to hell” (I use this example because I’m not gonna accidentally piss anyone off because obviously everyone loves Wilby and he’s precious and the best part about the finale imo) then that’s all negative with no constructive thoughts, only insults. Fine, that’s clearly anti. But if you’re just listing off things that actually happened in canon, is that anti? Belle totally did get put through hell this season. That’s not extrapolating, that’s just in the scripts. I tagged it anti-rumbelle, because the post is clearly against the relationship (at least in its current state). But I didn’t tag it anti rumple/gold because there were no unfounded insults or and I’ve similar posts in the past with no backlash (see: Gold over the town line era back in the QoD arc iirc). Is the statement “Gold sold out the entire town” anti? It’s true (it’s honestly inadequate bc the black fairy didn’t just want to get rid of SB. She was getting rid of every other realm. Billions upon billions of ppl and he was complicit. But I digress.) Maybe you think it was justified, maybe you think it wasn’t, but regardless, he did it.
tl;dr: I did tag the post in what I thought was the proper way to keep it out of the main tag. If you have a problem with my tags, calling me salty is not the right way to get me to change them.
Hi Squirrel, you ever run into people and you tell them "i'm not into x ship/headcanon" so they start shoving it in your face? I'm having one of those moments right now. I told someone I was neutral at best on sollavelan and now they're all "rubs sollavelan hands on ur blog." I've been ignoring them but honestly I could use a sprinkle of ray/dorian or just some general positivity.
Oh, honey… of course I do, I AM sort of a vocal fan and I tend to not mince my words too much (beyond trying to be a decent human), so of course I have ran into my odd asshole.
I wish I could give you some actual advice, but really the best I can say is just to get a blacklist, block every single permutation of the word that you can think of (so sollavellan, solavellan, solas/lavellan, solasxlavellan, all of it), block the person, and tick that little “don’t show hidden posts on my dash” box. And I know that sounds extreme, but there will always be things you would rather not acknowledge, and imo, that’s probably the healthiest way you can deal with this- by not engaging them in the least.
Because on the long run, even on things you were once completely neutral, your feelings CAN easily morph into… not hatred because that’s a strong word, but a strong dislike, and the primary culprit on that is unwilling exposure.
You are right in not wanting to see something in which you do not hold a special interest. Blogging is a pastime, and not a chore. Your dash is your personal space, and you can -and should- filter out content that you don’t particularly care for, not just content that reaches a certain threshold of hatred.
Of course, things get a little more complicated if the person in question is someone you know and care for, but in that case, you should definitely, absolutely tell them what you just told me, and if they persist even after having been asked to stop, block them all the same. If someone can’t give you the respect that you deserve, they don’t deserve your time or attention either.
And btw, even though I haven’t played in a minute, these two assholes are still to their ears in love, and I def plan to pick that playthrough back up as soon as I get my head out of space.
look, they’re still so gay. I may be sighing more over Liam these days, but these two still have a very, very special place in my heart.
I still occasionally find myself thinking about that space marine AU for them that I had in my head a little while ago, but frankly that never got off the ground because I did some worldbuilding and I have my characters but the plot is a barren wasteland