Wow… I’ve honestly been blown away by the response to The End. For all the ups and downs we’ve had I’m so glad we could part ways on a positive note. In case you really haven’t been paying attention, I am no longer a part of Eddsworld (I wrote this post yesterday about why). It was a struggle to sign out of all the accounts for good. I admittedly kept logging back in to tweak video descriptions and add subtitles the last remaining eddisodes. Moving on after 13 years seems impossible but I’ve gotta try!
I wanted to answer a few questions I’ve seen people asking about the show but first I want to once again thank everyone who helped make Eddsworld Legacy a reality. Especially Paul, Todd, and Eddie; 3 people who routinely worked either for free or for way less than they deserved. They really helped keep the show going. In regards to The End specifically I want to thank everyone who contributed to the ep. In the past I’ve had some sort of falling out with a massive number of the people who gave us something to include in the finale and even though they were doing it for Edd, it still meant a huge amount to me.
Anyway! Let’s answer a few of the frequently asked questions I’ve seen pop up online over the past few days.
- Is this really the end of Eddsworld? - Eddie and I wrote ‘The End’ to serve as both an ending for Eddsworld Legacy and also the show as a whole if needed. However, both Matt and the Gould family have plans to keep Eddsworld going in some way or another. That’s honestly all I know!
- Will Tom still be in Eddsworld? - If/when Eddsworld boots up again I believe the character of Tom will still be a part of it. However, he won’t be voiced by me for the reasons I mentioned in my last post. I want to make it clear that the characters and the people are separate things. They absolutely have my blessing to hire another voice actor to replace me!
- Why wasn’t Tord Larsson voicing Tord in The End? - Again, in my mind the characters and their original voice actors are separate entities. That said, the “real” Tord left the show 8 years ago and we haven’t spoken since (and barely spoke before). I have no way to contract him.
- Why was Tord the bad guy and Tom the hero? - Okay so here’s where we start to get deep. The End isn’t just about Tom vs Tord. It’s actually a metaphor for the unexpected return of Edd’s illness, how it destroyed everything we’d made together, and how I felt lost, angry, and responsible for rebuilding. Knowing that, I hope it makes more sense. For what it’s worth, I hope Mr Larsson doesn’t take it personally… If he’s even still out there.
- How could you abandon your promise to Edd? - There was no promise, dudes. Not made by me, at least. There was only my quest to give Eddsworld a last hurrah and make Edd proud. That’s it. Now I finally feel like I’ve accomplished that and have earned my right to move on.
- How did you celebrate the release of The End? - I drank a bottle of wine and either fainted or had a small seizure. I’m a party animal!
- Why are Tom’s eyes black and what’s the story with Red Leader?! - Both good questions which I fully intend on answering one day… Just not in Eddsworld… OooooOOOOoooohhhh mystery ;D
Thank you again, everyone. Hope this helped ease your minds a bit!