i reblogged a post earlier abt touchy klance but its smth ive been thinking abt so much lately and im probably coming at it from a different angle than the op so. heres a goddamn essay, formatted entirely on mobile bc i hate myself.
- hes a straightforward kinda guy, and he trusts his senses above all else. if he can see it, hear it, smell it, feel it, its real. hes hands on–metaphorically, but maybe also literally?
- i think hes the sort to just… touch things sometimes. feeling is believing.
- think of that scene at the party on arus where keith pokes lance and he falls over. or the Bonding Moment™ where he just goes and like, grabs lances hand.
- also like every interaction with shiro. they touch each other so much and it comes from both sides.
- he canonically doesnt like touching strangers, but friends? a-okay.
- also touch starvation is a thing that he probably has.
- i think him being physically affectionate is a common headcanon but?? i cant think of that many examples actually
- mostly that scene where theyve got those space capri suns and hes leaning against hunk?
- lance likes to sprawl, and Friends Are Furniture
- BUT what i can think of are times when lance is totally chill with being touched. because hunk is pretty grabby/has no sense of boundaries and he doesnt seem to mind. i mean theyre both comfy with each other but mostly hunk initiates
- big family –> no personal space, i guess
the sort of pre-conclusion to all this, is that keith touches deliberately, while lance is more passive about it–keith uses his hands, lance uses people as backrests/armrests/headrests
(also, kind of a lengthy sidenote, but for klance to be,, plausible,, lance needs some character development:
- right now, to lance, keith is a rival, not a friend
- if lance gains real confidence in himself (and not his false bravado, genuine confidence) he can stop like… projecting his insecurities onto keith
- also the rest of the team but keith in particular, hence the rivalry. keith is kinda where lance wants to be right now
- once he can think of them as equals–by gaining confidence in himself but also by recognizing that keith is only (mostly) human–they can leave the rivalzone and enter….. the Friendzone™
- this is pretty much all on lance, though keiths actions could certainly help or hinder the process–but keith never instigates fights between them, only defends himself, and he doesnt always do that (im paraphrasing someone elses post here hfhhf)
- uhh yeah the point is they gotta be friends first, i dont subscribe to that… i-hate-him-so-much-because-i-secretly-have-a-crush business soz)
so ANYWAY, actual conclusions:
- the usual instigator of any physical contact?? is gonna be keith
- like i said, hes straightforward. if he wants to hold lances hand hes just gonna… grab lances hand
- hes probably also subconsciously craving physical contact because, again, touch starvation
- lance mostly rolls with it but his idea of initiating touch is gonna be leaning against keiths shoulder or like, sprawling across his lap
- hugging might be 50/50 though. its the middle ground lmao. i bet they hug differently though.
- theyll work up to it slowly. starting with bumping shoulders and grabbing arms and working up to hugs and the aforementioned sprawling and platonic handholding
- until it stops being platonic and then theyre just like… in constant contact all the time. such cuddles. wow.
- thats a lame note to end on but ive spent all day on this damn essay and im done. read my fanfic b y e