Is there anyone that you look up to in art and fic?
For writing, I look up to @pinesinthewoods, @impishnature, @themadqueenmab, @embulalia, @witete, @skillfulstudio, @marypsue, and @the-ford-twin for their wonderful characterization of the Pines family and everyone else in GF, and their incredibly imaginative plots. Some of their stories are my utter favorites, and oH BOY is it time for some fic recs from all of them ooooh yes!! Let me drag out my favs!
- Blind Faith (pinesinthewoods)
- hhHHHH this is the first fic I read in this fandom and BOY is it still amazing! Blind Faith AU. Amazing characterization all around.
- It gets… really violent, do be warned. Heed the tags.
- Ad Astra (themadqueenmab)
- Mabel falls through the portal. Follows Mabel and Ford as they try to find a new normal, crossing through dimensions together, and also Dipper and Stan and Pacifica as they try to find a way to get them back. There’s some especially nice world building in this.
- I think there’s the hints of Dipcifica?
- Two Old Men and the Sea (embulalia)
- oH BOY another one of the first fics I read for this fandom! It starts out as any other Stan O’ War adventure… and then develops into so much more!
- As a warning, this does have some violence.
- The Wind in Visions (the-ford-twin and the-stan-twin)
- I can’t even begin to explain the main premise of this without utterly spoiling a large plot point of the story, but it contains probably the best characterization of Stan and Ford and Dipper and Mabel and Fiddleford I’ve seen. Some lovely day-to-day misadventures in here, with the same heart the show has, but there’s whispers of something dangerous brewing on the horizon for this family…
- There’s violence at times. Read the tags. Also some Mabifica and Fiddauthor in this!
- Any Misery You Choose (marypsue)
- A Gravity Falls/X-Men crossover! There’s some awesome world building in this, and it truly feels like its own unique place separate from both of the canon universes. I especially love the powers everyone is given. Fit with everyone’s personalities a lot.
- Some violence.
- A Little Bit Lost (impishnature)
- A collection of one-shots for the Feral Ford AU. Some really lovely stuff in here!
- (I can’t quite remember if there was any violence in these? It’s been a while, sorry.)
- Haunt (witete)
- HHHHH Stan O’ War angst. ANGST. It’s also been a damn while since I read this so I can’t coherently describe what goes on, but IT’S GOOD DANGIT AAA.
- There was some implied alcoholism here, I believe? Once again, I’d suggest you read the tags.
- Maybe it’s Not Too Late (skillfulstudio)
- A lovely hopeful little fic in which the Pines family has to deal with some unfinished business concerning the shapeshifter, and Ford and Fiddleford come to some revelations about themselves and their relationship.
- Some violence. Asexual Fiddauthor!
Whoops that got long, welp! Now it’s time to scream about a bunch of artists I love! :DD
@julientel, @eregyrn-falls, @archervale, @danidery, @garrulousgibberish, @hntrgurl13!! Your line work and the sheer volume of unique concepts you go through with your art is stunning and inspires me!!
I’m sure there’s ten thousand people I could name who make me want to squee for joy that I’ll remember later but I should probably… end this really long screaming happy post ahahah XD
You all are awesome and I give you many hugs and love your work, have a lovely day!