For the entire time I’ve known you, you have been a light in the dark for me. You were there when I needed a friend. Our dynamic has changed more times than the weather where we live. We’ve shared so much of our lives with one another. Now that we’re finally finally together, I’ve spent every day feeling even more lucky to call you mine. Going forward there are some things you should know.
1. I will never ever admit how much I talk about, think about, or do things for your benefit. I will play it off as if I did things spontaneously when in fact I get my hopes up for and meticulously plan for things.
2. Of course as much as I want to constantly be in contact with you and see you and talk to you, I will not expect you to constantly appease me. You have a life too and need to spend time with your friends just as much as you need to spend time with me. There will be times where I’m selfish and will want you all to myself, but for the most part, I understand how important your friends are to you.
3. I will be understanding to a fault, please don’t abuse this.
4. There will be times when I am unnecessarily upset or angry. If this happens, know I care about you and I need time to sort things out in my head. Sometimes I will overthink and create problems that don’t exist, deep down I know this, so again, I need time.
5. I know the distance will be difficult but please know you and only you have my heart and I’m trusting it will be the same on your end. I am willing to go to great lengths to make our relationship work because I care for you so much. We can do this, babe, I know we can.