1. Deciding to move on is such a liberating moment; I’m free, I’m free, I’m free.
2. I wish I could say I’m sorry, but not half as much as I wish you would.
3. Lie to me softly; tell me we were magic.
4. It’s all starting to hurt a little less.
5. I never told you what I wanted, so scared of the consequences. I’m not that same girl; I’m trying to be brave.
6. When you asked me if I was in love with you, maybe I should have said yes instead of shrugging you away with my indifference.
7. Maybe I should have fought harder for you, made a battle out of it all. I was an hourglass and chances slipped through my fingers.
8. I don’t want to fee like I’m drowning anymore.
9. I’ve spent the last six months a sleep walker, and now it’s time to wake.
10. You are no longer my own personal ghost.
11. I feel complete.
— Emily Palermo, i.