Yes, even if you’re taking the maximum credit load. Because if I can do it, you can do it too. Note: My credit load also included a handful of honors courses.
Side-note: I’m going to be a junior (how??) and an RA (!!!) in the fall. Life moves fast. College moves faster. Anyways,
Here are my top tips:
1. LOOK AT THE SYLLABUS AND WRITE EVERYTHING DOWN. This is step number one, and it’s not up for debate. If you do this, there’ll be no surprises, and if there are: point it out to the professor (a simple, ??? this wasn’t on the syllabus ??, usually works). Also, you have to check and see what constitutes as an A in that class. Sometimes it’s a 90, sometimes it’s not. (a 96 was an A- in one of my classes last semester. I’m so serious.)
2. Get a calendar. Not a planner. One of those giant calendars with puppies or something on it and write down everything you have to do for the month. Put it above your desk. This helps A LOT because you can see everything you have coming up for the next few weeks, instead of jus playing it day-by-day.
3. It is OK to use ratemyprofessor. Sometimes it can be really helpful, but pay attention to the more in depth reviews that talk about what the homework, tests, quizzes and projects are like (instead of “her lectures are boring :///)
4. Sit in the front of your class. You’ll be more likely to pay attention and less likely to scroll through instagram. (by the way, mine is @parissdb :) It also grabs your professors attention, so even if you’re shy, they’ll at least know your face.
5. Do that extra credit. A lot of professors offer it in the beginning of the semester, and hardly anyone does it because no one’s thinking past tomorrow. It may be what saves you in the long run.
6. Figure out your best method of note-taking. For me, it’s good ol pen and paper. It helps me remember everything. Some people prefer typing it out. This is beneficial bc it makes it easier for you to find exactly what you’re looking for. (Thank you, command + F)
7. Put your effort into the percentages. If an assignment is worth 1% of your grade, do it well, but don’t exhaust yourself. It’s 1%!!!! If it comes down to it, spend more time studying for that exam that’s worth 30% than the group project worth 20.
8. Please. Stop studying what you already know. We’re all guilty of it. It makes you feel better knowing you have chapters 1-3 down, even if you don’t know 4-7. The key to studying is to learn what you don’t know.
9. Learn how to study. (Yes, it’s actually a skill that has to be learned.) I’m the biggest procrastinator I know, especially when it comes to studying. But I’ve found that studying 2 days before an exam usually does the trick for me. I create a master study guide during day 1 and study it all on day 2. Depending on what time the exam is, I may review on the morning of day 3.
10. SAVE SOME TIME FOR FUN ffs. Seriously. You don’t have to study 24/7, and I don’t know about y’all but my attention span was not built for that.
I might add more to this later, or make another post because I could give these tips for ever and ever. But hopefully this helps someone out there.
At this point in the series the Red Hair Pirates crew just feels weird
We’ve met all the other Yonko and some of their crews at this point, and they’re all filled with giants and talking animals and jerks with shark teeth and guys with legs three times as long as their bodies and all sorts of other people that could only exist in a fictional story
And then there is Shanks’ crew, which is just 20 middle aged men who happen to all hang out at a pirate-themed bar. By One Piece standards they are super normal so at this point in the story that makes them the weird ones
Good morning! What a productive morning. My first class starts at 11:35, but I was able to be at 9 am in the library of my university. I decided to go meet an advisor because I had some questions about my internship. I have been studying all morning for my two quizzes for tomorrow. I have two study sessions with my tutorial. Let’s go. Seriously, if I can do it, you too.
Gradients needs to replace his broken old tablet, but college recently beat him and stole his wallet. If you are interested in helping him out - and getting something sweet in return! - send him a PM or an email at Jackson.A.Jamie@gmail.com
The sheet above shows all that I am currently offering, though I am certainly open to trying new things! You do not have to pay the Paypal fee, and any currency is accepted.
I am happy to draw canon characters, OCs, ships, sfw and nsfw…As well as stuff that isn’t Star Wars based! There is little I won’t draw, and though all my examples above are humanoid I also have a lot of experience drawing both animals and anthros.
Thank you very much for looking, and even if you’re not interested, reblogs go a long way! :D
Big time WoW player, 40hr+ per week worker here; Man, the Right Wing needs to heck off. WoW's my decompression device after that "you're expected to work over the usual hours" job.
“h*ck off” is my new thing. I’m gonna make ‘h*ck off’ happen.
But seriously, your observation is why I believe this “study” (which should have been in scare quotes all along) is intended to set up an attack on gaming and gamers, or workers. Because everyone does something to decompress after work, and the fact that some people choose to play games just seems like, if anything, an interesting data point about what other leisure activities people are replacing with games.
“The last time it got this bad, I remember having to go to… extreme measures to handle it.”
Andrew stiffened at the thought of whatever methods Betsy was implying. Surely she meant healthy and valid preventive measures, which are proven to have worked, designed by reliable and credible psychiatrists?
Then again, when had he ever trusted any psychiatrist? Ever since Neil, really, when had he ever trusted anyone? Betsy didn’t count, even if she was the closest to what Andrew considered the definition of trusted.
Dissociative identity disorder, he learned a long time ago, wasn’t just Neil Josten forgetting himself. It wasn’t just Nathaniel Wesninski coming back to life whenever he wanted to.
It was Andrew needing to have the capacity for two entirely different beings, separate but so intricately intertwined that they were forced to live in the same body, and had no choice in the matter. Because they weren’t conscious of the concept of being separated. Nor could they be.
Putting his hand on the doorknob, Andrew asked, “Who is he today?”
Betsy sighed, and put her hand on Andrew’s shoulder, gave it a reassuring squeeze. She took it away before Andrew could flinch.
“He’s Nathaniel today,” Betsy replied, shoving her glasses up the bridge of her nose. As the door went ajar, she added, “He hasn’t been Neil for weeks. So he might not know who you are.”
I’m truly sorry. Anyway, I know the whole thing is impossible, but this idea just came into my head and I needed to draw Levy with giant muscles (but still people, I’m so sorry). Also, english is not my first language so I’m sorry about all grammar mistakes
Hey I just followed my friend to your friend’s house but now they’re screwing really loudly in the other room, wanna go do something else?
We live in the same building and you’re locked out of your place in your underwear because you were doing laundry and forgot your key
I happened to glance into your window just in time to see you do a slammin’ air guitar solo but then you caught me looking
Okay, I don’t want to be that jerk but our building has a strict No Pet Policy and your cat will not stop meowing and and I WILL report you and oh no you’re cute
The postal worker delivered your package to my place accidentally and I was expecting something so I totally didn’t look before I opened it and… wow that is um… quite an interesting thing you bought and I’m here to return it
I live a block away from this pizza place that stays open until 2 am and you’re, like, always working which is nice because I get to look at you but, um, are you sleeping here or something because you’re literally ALWAYS here
You and I ride the same bus home every day but never talk but then you fell asleep and sorry to wake you up (you look really cute in your sleep) but it’s your stop next
I SWEAR to GOD if I hear you showering at THREE IN THE MORNING again, I will seriously fight you, the pipes in this building are RIGHT above my bedroom, WHY are you taking showers at THREE AM
I can literally hear you sneezing through the walls and I brought some chicken noodle soup over for you because I have exams to study for and your sneezing is seriously distracting me