pls expand on your ridiculous experiences during one semester at a fake college
okay I got a few asks about this so let me see what I can remember right now. These might not all be in chronological order
- At orientation, they were talking about the reservation near campus and all these pretty sites and this kid in the back of the auditorium goes “So uhh…heard this place might be built over a Native American burial ground?”
- The speaker: “…Let’s not think about that, okay?”
- The freshman were on campus alone for like a week and a half (other than the RA’s) before the other students and I just. The parties. Were out of control. An ambulance was called basically every night.
- I walked into the bathroom the first night there to find a girl literally dying because someone slipped something in her drink and she was having a Very Bad Reaction
- Sting- you know, the singer- ‘s son lived in my residence hall. This boy almost accidentally killed me on three separate occasions (while I was just trying to do my laundry)
- I told my family about this at Thanksgiving. Everyone in the room advised me to seduce him
- I ate breakfast in the dining hall exactly once. I got scrambled eggs. I noticed no one had brought out ketchup with the condiments and politely asked about it. I received glares from at least ten different people. Apparently people there don’t believe in ketchup on eggs.
- There were these two boys in my English class known as “The Lumbard Guys”. They didn’t live in my residence hall, but they would come over almost every night, start a party, and destroy part of the basement.
- At orientation this one kid got mad and set his shoe on fire to prove a point
- Also at orientation like??? My roommate disappeared???? And I never saw her again???
- Listen like…this campus just looked like the perfect setting for a horror film, but none of the people from the area got that. They all thought I was crazy until some comic from Comedy Central did a stand up act and said “Why the hell is this campus so creepy? I feel like I’m gonna leave here with someone else wearing my face!”. I felt way too validated.
- ALL OF MY CLASSES WERE SO FAKE
- My “math” class was actually a disguised home ec. course???? All we had were word problems that were incredibly detailed recipes or instructions on how to fix things. The teacher, who I swear to GOD was actually my Mr-Rogers-Wannabe guidance counselor from high school in disguise, spent more time trying to come up with names and backstories for the models in the text book than actually trying to teach
- I had to take a class called “first year seminar” because neither of my parents went to college. It was supposed to be teaching you about how the school works and stuff but SUPRISE BITCH WE’RE JUST GONNA YELL ABOUT RACISM AND PRIVELGE FOR AN HOUR.
- Literally that’s all we did. Just the whole class bonding over all these struggles we had gone through and getting fired up. Like, it was great, but I also ended up knowing very little about campus and school stuff bc that was the class that was supposed to be teaching me lmao
- My Psych teacher was fucking hysterical for the first few classes but then he just. Vanished. I had to drop the class
- My Fine Arts teacher just. Couldn’t stick to a teaching plan. Her entire wardrobe was scarves. She was very passionate about African masks. She had a flapper haircut. She spoke quietly, but with a marvelously forced tone of voice that I’m certain was her trying to sound impressive and hide a Boston accent. She didn’t seem to understand the year was 2014. She took us into the city to go to the Art Museum and we lost her in there, never to be seen again
- I’m not even kidding
- My “writing” teacher was my absolute fav omfg. She was this long grey haired hippie lady who worked as a nurse for the Grateful Dead and was still stuck there. She may or may not have hooked up with my uncle. I was her favorite student because one day I came in wearing a “HAIR” shirt. She wanted to take the class to England for the sole purpose of going on a Beatles tour
- But like…she did not teach a writing class omfg. She taught a social justice class. All we did was have informed debates about The Issues and listen to music and occasionally watch the Breakfast Club. Every time there was a big paper due on the syllabus, she’d just sit on her desk and go “I mean, I don’t have to cover anything, right? You guys know how to write!” Like I genuinely don’t think she knew what class she was teaching
- There was a boy who sat next to me in that class. He was deaf in one ear and used that as an excuse when he got caught blatantly not paying attention. It worked every time. But I was right next to him. I saw him playing Yu-Gi-Oh on some website on his phone under the table. One time we started talking about model cars and he pre-cummed.
- There was a boy who roamed the campus in a long black trench coat and a weird hat. I never saw his body and started to suspect he might not have one, just the theory of one. He took interest in me because I was the only person in class who ever got his Doctor Who jokes. He’d come up to me at dinner and blast quiz me on various nerd culture before running off and disappearing into the shadows. Just as I was starting to grudgingly accept I was probably going to have to eventually hook up with him for the greater good, I apparently offended him by saying I like Picard more than Kirk. He didn’t stick around to listen to my reasoning. Whenever I saw him after that he would loudly start talking about how great his girlfriend was. Everyone knew he was lying. I wonder if Kirk ever sucked his theoretical dick as well as I would have.
- I gave a football player a shout out on Yik Yak. He really appreciated it, and gave me some fries laced with weed as a thanks. That was such A Night ™ , I watched the Lorax and left the dimension.
- Every time we had dances, this creepy guy named Horace would find me and use my obvious discomfort to make me dance with him. He’d hold my wrists and shove his crotch on mine while vaguely swaying to the beat. I had to escape to the bathroom every few minutes. Finally the security just banned him from the events altogether. I can still see his face clearly in my mind.
- One night, I walked into the bathroom to find a perfect, untouched pizza laying on the floor…but not in a box. Someone literally just took it out of the box and laid it down. I’m still fuming.
- One time I was in the mostly empty library when I smelled something. I walked down the rows of shelves before rounding the corner, and found the President of the college hidden there, sitting on the floor, smoking, a bottle of vodka in his hands. We held eye contact for a solid minute. He slowly shook his head at me. I said “Sir, your house is like…literally across the street.” He shook his head more vigorously. I left the library.
- One night, I heard screaming. I looked out the window to find a girl in a giraffe costume scaling my building. People were throwing water bottles at her. I was concerned. I didn’t know who to talk to for answers.
- I was in line trying to pay for dinner. One of the lunch ladies climbed on top of the ice cream machine and refused to come down. Her friend came over and they started recreating the balcony scene from Romeo and Juliet. Very few people acknowledged it.
- Someone jacked up the soda dispenser so it was only dispensing beer. None of the staff cared enough to fix it.
- I caught my RA in the middle of a drug deal so she gave me a coupon for free ice cream
- Also side note: The soft served ice cream machine on campus was actually a frozen yogurt machine. I had no problem with that, but like, advertise correctly, you know? Nobody else seemed to understand my confusion. Nobody else seemed to understand that froyo and ice cream are two different things. What the hell.
- There were just…so many moths all over the campus. A terrifying amount. When it started getting colder I was like, finally, I won’t be attacked by moths anymore! Only for even more moths to appear. I asked a local about it. “Oh, those are the winter moths!” What the fuck are winter moths? What the fuck, Massachusetts? My friend back home grew convinced that Mothman was in the area. I was inclined to believe her. Sometimes I close my eyes and all I can see are moths everywhere, waiting for the moment to strike.
- I’ve encountered deer many times in my life. I know how they act around people. But the deer on this campus were just weird. They’d run out at people all the time. One almost shoved me into traffic.
- My roommate gave my phone number out to literally anyone she found who mentioned they liked to read or liked Doctor Who. She was concerned I had no friends. No one ever called.
- I met a small Greek girl in my Fine Arts class. Our first day of talking, she made me climb a mountain with her so she could get to tutoring, even though I had no reason to be in that building. Her roommates kept mysteriously disappearing. She was late to everything. She’d call me randomly to get food at 1 in the morning. She kept somehow breaking phones and tvs and other electronics. When I asked her how they kept breaking, she waved it off with “Oh, I have OCD. You wouldn’t understand”. I have OCD, and I still don’t understand. One time she invited me out with her friends from high school. I waited outside her building for two hours, while the other friends waited in the parking lot for two hours, because we didn’t know how to find each other. She eventually came outside at 10:30 pm. We went to Friendly’s. She made us stop at her house so she could grab something. We pulled up a long, winding driveway and stopped in a parking lot. At the end of the parking lot were stone stairs that lead up to a mansion on a hill. She ran inside and the rest of us stayed in the car, listening to High School Musical and talking about Supernatural. When she came out 40 minutes later we decided to try and prank her. It went wrong. We almost ran over her friend’s sister with the car. They invited me to a pumpkin patch. When I started complaining about my roommate, she asked me to move in with her. I thought about the other three girls who had seemingly gone missing. I politely declined. Six months after I left the school, I received a text from her asking for notes for an exam, and radio silence after that. I can’t find her on facebook. I fear she might have gone missing too.
- One night, as I was standing outside huddled in the cold, a boy came up and offered me a cigarette to help me stay warm. I turned it down, but he stood around talking to me for a few minutes afterwards. I felt absolutely no awkwardness at all. He was a musician from Colorado. He sang a bit of one of his songs. He was dropping out of school to go to California the next week. He told me I had beautiful eyes, but his were the most alive eyes I’ve ever seen so I couldn’t believe the compliment. We talked for about ten minutes and I fell a little bit in love. He had to rush off to a club meeting, but he told me he’d rather keep talking. He gave me the sweetest smile before he left. I didn’t get his last name or number and I never saw him again.
- There was a dance on Halloween. I couldn’t think of a sufficiently slutty yet classy costume, so I just went as Osgood from Doctor Who. When I got there there was a huge crowd, but people quickly grew bored and started leaving. There ended up being six people left (myself included). We stayed because we could see the upset faces of everyone who had planned the event, but actually had one of the most fun nights of my life. We- myself, the girl from across the hall, Trench Coat Boy, his tiny friend who never spoke, and a boy and girl I didn’t know who seemed to be professional dancers- danced nonstop for almost three hours. The strobe lights and poppy music solidified an unspoken bond. I had never and to this day haven’t felt as free as I did that night. The tiny quiet boy’s smile could have lit up a city. It’s etched into my mind. We all left the dance talking about the surreal feeling in the air, as if something had shifted. None of us ever mentioned the dance again. It’s still one of my fondest memories.
- For a solid month, there was someone in a gorilla costume running around campus.
- There was a rash of sexual assaults on campus. A gang of boys kept jumping girls in the woods. The only thing the school board did was give out free rape whistles at lunch one day. I missed that day, making me one of the only students on campus without a whistle. Later that night when I ordered pizza, the delivery guy tried to start up a conversation with me about all the assaults. He blamed the girls. I took back my tip.
- Sometimes the showers just…filled up with black sludge. No one knew why.
- The girls in the room next to me were very bizarre. They always shot me odd looks and whispered to each other constantly. I couldn’t figure out if they were sleeping together or not. They never washed their hands when we were in the bathroom.
- The doors to each dorm were thick and heavy and required effort to push them open. My roommate and I made sure to lock ours every night, and would triple check it. It swung open by itself almost every night. The channels on the tv would change with the remote equidistance away from us. Sometimes I heard humming in the showers when I was the only one in there.
- My roommate…deserves a whole separate post dedicated to her, honestly.
- She would call her mother and have her do her homework for her. She blasted music constantly, and it was either country or hard rap, nothing in between. She sexiled me constantly. I once walked in on anal. She’d meet guys on Tinder, fall in love with them after a couple of days, and then bring them into the school and into our room like it was no big deal. One of them made it clear he was a budding serial killer. She was in a new drama every week. One time someone called her a dilf on Yik Yak. She was firmly convinced her cousin was blonde because her aunt dyed her hair when she was pregnant. She tried her hardest to get me laid by a football player. She was the loudest drunk I’ve ever encountered. Honestly there’s just too much about her for this omfg
- John Zaffis, the famous paranormal researcher, came to the school on my birthday. I went because I’m a loser who’s been watching shows with him since I was a kid, and I was having a bad day so I decided it could be a treat. I sat in the front row. He held an uncomfortable amount of eye contact with me the entire presentation. He was impressed with my questions. He lamented about the fact he’s always cut out of movies or replaced by priests that look like him. He apparently came to the school every year around Halloween to do a ghost tour around the campus for the students. A girl allegedly killed herself in my floor’s bathroom. He apparently always got a lot of activity around the campus. Everyone in the freshman class started wondering if the rumors about the Native American burial ground were true.
- One time in “writing” class the teacher gave us a number and then whatever song came up as that when we put our music on shuffle we had to play for the class. I ended up with “Touch Me” from Spring Awakening. Midway through the song, the teacher from another class came to complain that they could hear everything. My teacher tried to defend that all music has an important message. “Molly, dear, tell her the message in this song!” I looked around the room and at the other teacher. “It’s about sex,” I said quietly. She stormed out of the room while the class started laughing.
- There was this girl that just had the natural ability to make anything boring. I feel bad saying that, because she’s such a sweet girl, and she’s smart, and she’s gorgeous, and she’s talented, but just…every time she says anything, it’s boring. I’m still friends with her on facebook, the talent transcends to writing as well. You could be having a fun, lively conversation and she could say something completely relevant to the point and yet it would still just be boring. It’s a baffling talent, I still don’t understand how she does it.
- There was a boy who’d come into my room. He lusted over my s’mores poptarts. He kept trying to hit the high notes in Broadway songs. He didn’t understand my sense of humor at all, so we both were constantly worried we were offending each other. He cried about Selena Gomez a lot.
- The dining hall only offered horrendous food. I had pasta almost every night because it was the only thing remotely edible. If you wanted good food, you had to go to Late Night, which was between like 10:30 and 1 I think??? They set it up specifically for stoners and people leaving parties. I was frequently the only sober person there. Except for the moths.
- The chief at the pasta place found out I like theater and got like…weirdly passionate about it. He kept telling me about different theater groups in the area and wanted to know if I was in the school musical. He asked me every time I went up for food.
- There was a disproportionate amount of large black birds to trees. It wasn’t hard to figure out why we so rarely saw smaller animals
- When I told my advisor I was thinking about leaving (mostly for financial reasons but also the fake classes were preventing me from getting an education I wanted, you know?), this little old man looked around his office as if checking for people listening in, then put his hand on top of mine, leaned in close, and whispered “Oh, you sweet little girl. Run as fast as you can.”
There’s definitely more but listen. This school was weird and fake and vaguely surreal and off-kilter. I am fully afraid that one day, years from now, I’m going to be driving through the back roads and pass the place where the campus should be, only I won’t find anything there at all, and won’t be able to find any trace of it ever existing. I won’t be able to find any record of it. I won’t be able to find a record of any of the people. Every time I think about this place I just get a weird feeling, like I somehow managed to escape the Twilight Zone but left a part of me behind in the process. Be careful when applying to college, kids.
Request: Omg I need a
reaction from bts to that vibrator situation, wow, please can you do that
mommy? The one where they make you wear a vibrator to which they have the
remote/app to whilst you’re both with other members of bts? 😍😍😍😍😍
Omg just reading about
that bullet vibration thing is getting me wet, can you please make a reaction
like that with bts? Where they make you wear a bullet vibrator out in public
with them while they have the control to it through an app?
Goddamn that sounds so
hot. Can you make a bts reaction to that? Bts reaction to making you put on a
vibrator and them having control over it through a remote or app while you both
are out with the other boys? Please please please please please mommy, I never
knew I needed something like this
Wow can I request that
as a reaction? The vibrator in public & the boys of bts having control over
BTS reaction to
finding out that you have a sex toy inside you (butt and/or vagina) in public?
Thank you hehe.
He hates it when you didn’t pay attention to him. So he made you wear
the damn thing and everytime you actually managed to concentrate in class he
put it in motion making you want to cum on the spot. And when you turned to him to turn it off, he offered you the angel smile he was so famous for.
Yoongi would either put it to full motion or he just stopped it. It was
driving you nuts. On the edge, but not exactly. Yoongi toyed with you, where
ever you went, whenever he wanted. And when you were about to just remove the god damn thing, you remembered the last time you didn’t followed thhe rules. Long tory short, it didn’t ended well.
It was one his most torturous punishments. He would put it on half motion while you past him in the school corridor, making you turn around, a
silent plead in your eyes. However, he was only smirking evily, and then turned it to full motion making you drop your thigns and fall on the ground so you could so something about it. While Namjoon helped you collect your stuff, his husky voice whispered “Good girl.”
The ride in the bus was bumpy on it’s own but Hoseok wanted you to feel
it even more so he slowly started increasing the speed of the bullet vibrator
inside you, making you jump out in surprise. Hoseok would release a small laugh, taking your hand in his, offering a small smile and an encouraging “You can do it.”
The prince of dance rarely takes risks, but this time he just couldn’t stop
himself. You wanted to bring out the beast in him, so you put the sex toy on
and downloaded the app on jimin’s phone and then whispered secretly in his ear
what you did. And did he think about anything else that same day. At the end he
got so frustrated
Boy is crazy. He will make you see stars throught the freaking day. In
ten minutes the pace was going from fast to slow to stop to slow to middle to
fast and in the middle of literature you cried. Then you received a me “Don’t
you dare cum. Y/n, I’m warning you. I’m watching. From everywhere.
Jungkook. The captain of the football team that had a secret
relationship with the most quiet and good girl in the campus. The Jungkook that
made his princess wear the vibrator while he controlled it. As he was having
lunch he saw you with your friends on the other table eating quietly. His
friends asked him why was he looking the direction of the goodies. Jungkook
said nothing, only put the vibrator on full motion, watching smugly as you
jumped off your seat. That made him want to fuck you right on the table.
(Jimin is jealous when his best friend and roommate, Taehyung, has a date with the girl Jimin has a crush on.)
Warning: 8000 words and 75% of this is pure smut. MMF sex. Dirty talking. Disrespectful name calling. The usual.
“Fuck you, Kim Taehyung! FUCK! YOU!” Jimin was livid. “I’ve never said a single thing to you about
all the shit I have to put up with as your roommate! All the times I’ve had to crash at a friend’s
place because you brought some girl back to our dorm room for the night! I can’t remember the last time I spent a
whole week able to sleep in my own bed because of you! And all those times I woke up to find some
chick I don’t know in your bed? Like you
couldn’t just go somewhere else to fuck them?
Did you really have to screw them in our room while I was asleep?” Taehyung opened his mouth to answer, but
Jimin cut him off. “And I wasn’t even
asleep for all of them! What was that
one girls name? The one with the short
hair? Jungin? Jungah? Just because you
took her into our bathroom to have her suck your dick doesn’t mean I didn’t
hear EVERY FUCKING THING that happened in there! You are so fucking vile! The things you said to that girl… the sound
of her choking on your dick while you called her a slut? What the fuck is wrong with you?!”
“Some girls like that shit,” Taehyung replied calmly. “She definitely liked it, that’s for sure.”
Jimin rolled his eyes dismissively. “The point is that I’ve never said anything
to you about how you’ve stuck your dick in half the women on campus. Despite the fact that you are always
inconveniencing me in order to get your rocks off, I’ve kept my mouth
shut. It’s your life and it’s not really
any of my business. But this is TOO
FUCKING MUCH! I thought we were friends? I never thought you would totally screw me
over like this!”
“We are friends! I
didn’t do this to screw you over.”
Taehyung and Jimin had been randomly assigned to be roommates in their
small single room dorm room their freshman year and immediately became the best
of friends. Taehyung was on a
scholarship that paid for his student housing on campus and Jimin couldn’t
imagine living with anyone other than Taehyung, so despite the cramped quarters
and the arguments frequently caused by the lack of privacy, they continued
living together in the dormitory.
I wonder about these three often. I drove by the campus McDonald’s one night and I saw them, talking together. One dressed very preppy, one in leather and spikes and the third in a suit. What are their stories?!
Summary: You hate each other, even though you’re soulmates. You try and stay away from each other, but a shared course and a project is determined to keep you two facing off. (Part 1/Part 2) Scenario: Soulmate!AU, college!AU Word Count: 5,924
Your grandfather was a fisherman. Your father and aunts and uncles worked the waters and the docks in the coastal town you hail from. It’s not glamorous, and nobody in the family had made it into college before. You grew up in a tidy little house that always smelled a bit of fish with a huge extended family.
Nobody expected the scholarship letter when it arrived, praising your performance in the local high school swim team, and nobody had ever heard of the school. Your parents were thrilled, and so were most of the aunts and uncles. Your grandfather was suspicious, making vague noises that sounded like “tricks and bargains and that kind of business.” What he said out loud was: “Don’t ever leave the sea. It’ll break your heart, girl.”
You were excited and optimistic and exuberant, and you packed your competition suit and a bag of things from home and you went off to college, not listening.
Freshman year was odd. You knew you wouldn’t really fit in, given you were a scholarship kid from the back end of the east coast, but it was more than that. You were, of course, on the women’s swim team, but some of the other athletes were … you couldn’t put your finger on it. A couple of the girls seemed too tall, and they never quite got the green from the pool out of their hair. One of the boys was much stockier than the others, a bit like your dad, but he could swim as fast and powerfully as you. He wouldn’t ever speak to you. Some of them were hard to look at, and kept to themselves. Some of them were just ordinary, but they kind of steered clear of you too. It seemed the only thing holding the teams together were the coaches. There were practices, and competitions and your team always did amazingly, but never made it out of state.
Your classes were … classes. Like high school but more interesting. Your managed to keep a decent GPA to hold onto that scholarship, but some of it was a chore. Sandy the RA gave you a list of rules and warned you about some of the other students. There was some superstition about, but given your heritage, none of that seemed off. Fishermen are superstitious folks.
Your roommate was snooty and complained constantly that you still smelled of fish, especially after winter break. You finally told her to go suck a clam and she stopped speaking to you. That was fine with you. You weren’t much for socializing with people who didn’t know the ocean.
That one guy, though, the one who asked you out after the first week of Comp 102 in January. That one, he was great. He was some kind of surfer kid from California. Not a college athlete, but Surfer Boy skated everywhere, talked constantly about the beaches and waves. Somehow tan even in winter.
The third week you were dating, he got you that steel ring for “safety” and you thought it was sweet. It said “always yours” on the inside and got stuck on your finger.
And then - your swimming performance dropped off. They threatened to bench you. There was an uncomfortable conference with the coach and the dean. The rest of the team avoided you even more, and Surfer Boy got … weird. Possessive. Mean.
He thought it was fine that you weren’t competing for a while. He could have you all to himself outside of class time. Isn’t that great? Maybe you could come to California with him for Spring Break. You didn’t want to, though. You wanted to go back to the cold water of home.
Then, about a week after you got benched, out of the blue while you were studying together, he asked you where your skin was. You had no idea what he meant, WTF was this serial killer shit he was asking you? You suddenly remembered Sandy’s warnings, and took off without your books to ask her for help, maybe how to get a restraining order? And maybe to help get this ring off, too.
Sandy the RA (short for Cassandra? Because nobody ever listened to her, not because it was her name) halfway listened to you, nodded tiredly, grabbed a form from a file for submitting to the dean of students and campus security and had you fill it out. Then, as you were both reading the forms over for errors, she looked up sharply, said, “Wait. A ring? Let me see that.”
Sandy took one look at it, got out a saw, and before you could even react, cut it off your finger, in two pieces. One piece said “always” the other said “yours” and she shook her head. “I thought I told you to never accept gifts?”
“But he’s just human, Sandy. Normal, even. More normal than I am.”
“Yeah, nobodyever listens to me.”
Under where the ring had sat for two of the worst weeks of your life, was fur. Sleek, short, dark fur. You yelped.
Sandy blinked slowly, somehow looking completely unsurprised, and said, “That stocky guy on the men’s swim team? The one they call Lion? GO. Talk to him. Show him your hand, he’ll talk to you now. I think he can help.”
As you left, she said, with her back turned, “I don’t think your grandfather was completely honest with you. Have you ever seen any photos of your grandmother? Do you know where she was from?”
The college application process is without a doubt the most stressful time in all four years of high school. Here’s my advice on getting through it:
First of all, if you’re reading this as a freshman or even a sophomore, calm down. You do not need to be worrying about college yet. So many things can change between now and your senior year, any plans you make now likely won’t be the same then. I didn’t even know what schools I was applying to until I applied to them. I thought I knew for sure what school I was attending until I was accepted into the school I actually ended up attending. Just focus on doing well in school and having fun, then cross that bridge when you get there.
Begin researching schools after junior year ends. Junior year is notorious for being the worst one of the four in high school. The work is ridiculously difficult, the pressure is insane, and standardized testing is exhausting. After it’s over, you will have the taken the majority of the classes that will appear on your transcript, you’ll have your ACT/SAT results, and you should now have a good idea of what schools are within your range. Maybe your GPA tanked and you didn’t do as well on the SAT as you thought, so your former match schools are now reaches. Maybe you managed a 3.9 GPA and a 35 on the ACT, so your reaches are well within reason. Summer before my senior year, I (thought I) knew what I wanted to do and began looking for universities that offered me that.
Be open-minded. I’ve seen lots of students get into the mindset of “these are the schools I want to go to, these are the ones I’m applying to, and that’s final”. Don’t be stubborn. If you find a school you’d never heard of before, but it has a really great program in your field of study and a beautiful campus, add it to your list. It can be scary to venture into the unknown when you’ve had your heart set on going to the same university for your whole life, but you never know what could happen. That school you just discovered could turn out to be your dream school. Your list of prospectives is live, meaning it can change. Welcome those changes with open arms.
Apply to your dream school! Going into senior year, I planned to apply to one school. Yeah, that’s right. One single school. It was a state school with guaranteed admission and I thought that I would save myself the time, stress, and money of getting rejected from other universities. For some reason, I genuinely thought I had no chance of getting into any school with an acceptance rate of less than 50%. Thank god my parents made me apply to Vanderbilt University, which had always been my dream school. One day, completely expecting to get rejected, I got my acceptance email from Vandy, and now I’m starting my second year there in August. All of this to say, again, you literally never know what’s going to happen. “But my grades/extra-curriculars/test scores aren’t good enough!” There were plenty of people in my class with better stats than me in all of those categories that got rejected from Vanderbilt. There’s no rhyme or reason to college admissions. Apply to that reach school, and keep your expectations in check, but you could be pleasantly surprised.
Have multiple safeties. At least two. My safeties were two state schools with guaranteed admission so I knew I’d have somewhere to go in the fall. If you can’t find somewhere with guaranteed admission, find a school with admission averages that you exceed by a lot. I know this seems like obvious advice, but I know of quite a few people, both at my high school and online, who got rejected from literally all the schools they applied to. Those who had a safety went to the safety. Those who didn’t have a safety went no where. Don’t be in that second group. Have safeties, and be prepared to attend them.
Don’t procrastinate. Another piece of advice that might seem obvious, but trust me, you’re going to be tempted. Senioritis is real and you aren’t going to want to do anything, especially if it’s not for a grade. Luckily for me, my AP lit teacher required us to turn in our admissions essay as an assignment in September, so I had mine done way ahead of time. If you don’t have a teacher to hold you accountable, you have to do it yourself. Start your essays as early as possible and edit them over the weeks before the deadline. Ask for your rec letters at the end of junior year before summer break. Make sure you have all your deadlines written down and get all your paperwork in order early. There will be plenty of people spending their Christmas and New Years finishing college apps that are due the next day. Don’t be one of them. You’ll save yourself a lot of stress.
Stay organized. I saw a studyblr post where someone made an excel sheet comparing all their prospective schools, with categories like size of campus, tuition, type of housing, etc. I did that and it was a great way to keep track of everything. I also put all the essays needed for the application as well as when they were due, so I could easily see what I had left to do. I highly recommend doing this: here is a template you can use to get started. Even if you don’t decide to do this, use your own method to keep on top of all your application work. It can easily get lost beneath your schoolwork or other things you have to do. Make sure it doesn’t!
Keep yourself busy. The waiting to hear back from schools after submitting your apps is the worst. It’s torturous. I submitted my applications in October/November, and didn’t start getting decisions until March. That leaves all of winter to be nervous. The only way you’ll get through it is to not think about it. Focus on school, get a job, enjoy your last season of a school sport, just stay busy to keep yourself distracted or else it will be the longest few months of your life. Take a mental break from anything college-related until the good news starts rolling in.
Prepare yourself for disappointment. Rejection is never fun, it’s never easy. You might think you’re going to be fine, but it hits you harder than you think. When I got my first rejection, from Georgia Tech, I cried. I didn’t even want to go to Georgia Tech. But I felt like I wasn’t good enough, and therefore I wouldn’t get into any other school. The whole reason I wanted to apply to just one school was to avoid that feeling. If only I had known that my dream school would accept me just a couple weeks later. It’s going to be tough seeing everyone around you get into their first choice school while you’re receiving rejections, deferrals, or waitlists. What you have to remember is that everything happens for a reason. That rejection means that wasn’t the school for you. You will end up where you are supposed to be.
The application process is grueling and stressful, but also very rewarding. Stick through it and it will all be worth it. Up next in the University Advice series: choosing/changing your major. If you have any other ideas for topics you want to see covered, please let me know!
So this is my own Weird College Shit story and requires some set up. I had my first year of college in 2009-10, and I spent it at a tiny school in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by farms. The nearest major city was about three hours drive away. The small town I lived in was literally built around the college. My apartment was to the east of school grounds, and my high school best friend (we’ll call her Elise) was in the dorms on the opposite side of campus.
Elise was heavily involved in the drama department. I was in the improv troupe, but my depression and social anxiety meant I was more of an outlier than a “true” drama kid at the college. (They tended to devote all their time and energy to whatever play was happening at the given time and I just… couldn’t.) As a result, while Elise was invited to every drama department-hosted get together in existence, I only found out when she asked if I wanted to go along.
It was Halloween and while most of the college students were at a huge party being held at an apartment as far from campus as possible in this Nowheresville of a town, one of the seniors in the drama department had rented out the black box theatre for the night. Dress code was 1920s and 1940s, and they’d hired a few members of the school’s junior jazz band for live music.
Elise forgot to tell me until the day of the party. As a result, while her hair and make up were perfect and she was dressed in a pretty, beaded and fringed dress from a play she’d done in junior high, along with a faux fur coat borrowed from the props department for the occasion, I had nothing era-appropriate. I ended up going in my clubbing clothes - a mini black dress, a leather jacket, skull-print stockings, and my knee-high, PVC bitch boots. (The heavy jewelry and black lipstick was just a required addition at that point.)
Please keep in mind that neither of us had anything to drink that night, so everything that happened hereafter was while we were both stone cold sober.
We arrived late, only to find we weren’t really welcome. Everyone was acting… off. (We found out later that one of Elise’s “friends” had been spreading ugly rumors about her, jealous that Elise had gotten a part for which they had both tried out.) When we approached folks to say hello, they were polite but talked over any of our attempts to join in their conversations. It was awkward and uncomfortable, and at the time we had no clue why, which was aggravating. Despite the party going to till 2 AM, the pair of us decided to call it a night after half an hour, heading back to Elise’s around 11 PM.
Despite never talking about it, the deal whenever we went somewhere late was always that I would get Elise back to her dorm room, then call her as soon as I got to my apartment. (Neither of us had a car, and of us two I was the paranoid one who carried a knife and pepper spray, and had no problem telling people who were creeping me out to fuck off or being willing to actually dial the local police dispatch number if my instincts started screaming.)
We were walking through the middle of the deserted campus on the way to Elise’s, when we passed the bell tower. (Just to clarify, the “tower” is actually three open blocks built of bricks, the first one five-by-five across, and the same in height. Each block was progressively smaller, stacked on top of one another with four clocks set into the sides of the top block, all showing the same time.) What caught my attention was the three people sitting in the open space underneath. They seemed about our age, but I didn’t recognize any of them. Two guys and one girl, all wearing beanies, light coats, and flip flops despite the cold. (It was low-30s Fahrenheit, or 0-2° C.)
One of them had a bongo drum. He was keeping a beat, while the other two traded lines of improvised poetry.
I slowed down enough to figure out what they were saying. Elise was shivering, but I was wearing more layers than her so I didn’t feel the chill as strongly. Before I knew what I was doing, I’d plopped myself down beside the trio and pulled Elise onto my lap, wrapping my arms around her to keep her warm.
I nodded to the last person to speak - the girl. The three of them were staring at us, but eventually she repeated the last line she’d said, and I responded with a new line.
We went back and forth, from me to the girl to me to the boy, and around again. Bongo Guy started to up the speed of his beat pattern with each turn. I can’t repeat a single line from the entire time now, and only have a distant memory of feeling lightheaded and high. (A few days later when I asked Elise about it, she told me our words were about the moon and old gods and eternity vs the human life span. She said she’d been surprised and caught up in the whole thing until she didn’t care that she was freezing her ass off.)
This went on until the bell above us started to chime the time - 12 AM. I was suddenly aware of how bad Elise was trembling from the night air, and the cold I’d been ignoring came creeping up my body. I finished a pair of rhyming lines as I stood and helped Elise to her feet, then gave the trio a little bow. (I was in a traveling Shakespeare troupe in high school. You don’t finish a verse of poetry without a bow. It’s Just Not Done.) I wished them “a lovely All Hallow’s” and goodnight. They nodded and stayed seated.
I got Elise to her dorm then headed for my apartment. On the way, I passed by the bell tower again. The three people were no longer there.
No names were exchanged that night, and in the two semesters Elise and I were at the school, neither of us saw them on campus or in the town before we left the school.
My favorite part about the whole thing is that from my perspective, these three modern beatniks were strange and possibly magic. But from their point of view, what did me and Elise seem like? Two girls you don’t recognize (one wearing a flapper dress, and one looking like she just walked out of a 90s goth club) invite themselves into your poetry circle on Halloween, three days before a full moon. One of them matches you, line for line, for nearly an hour. And as soon as the clock strikes Midnight, they leave. You never see them again.
Can I request an hc where RFA + V and Saeran react to MC having a boyfriend that's not in the RFA, but the guys still like her? Like, maybe she talks about him on the messenger, or sends pictures of the two, or even invites him to the RFA party and they are jealous and try to flirt with MC and things like that? Maybe they even try to make her boyfriend jealous of MC's relationship with the RFA members? I'm sorry if this makes no sense.
Thank you very much for your patience!!
include V. He doesn’t really seem to be the type to act on his jealousy, nor
reveal it… He’d just try to be happy for you, and try not to get in the way of
pretty sure you meant more of a long-term thing where her boyfriend would get
jealous buuuut… if I did that, the reactions would only be the same thing for each character… I’m
sorry if this isn’t exactly what you wanted, I was really tired while writing this but, I tried to make it work ^^
was actually the one who introduced you to your boyfriend… by accident, that is.
Yoosung had only been showing you around his campus, and by chance, the two of
you had bumped into a teaching assistant from one of his classes.
said assistant, only a year older than you as it turned out, had fallen in love
with you at first sight, and promptly flirted with you, eventually getting your
number and persistently courting you. You’d been flattered by his dedication,
and decided to give the relationship a try—he seemed really genuine after all.
Well, Yoosung wasn’t really happy about this, but he didn’t
want to be a downer when you seemed so happy with your boyfriend
But it became painfully obvious that Yoosung didn’t like him
He’d suddenly go offline whenever you began retelling your
dates to Jaehee on the chatroom
Did his best to avoid talking about your boyfriend, and when
you asked, Yoosung would brush off your questions with a, “Hm? Oh, he’s fine”
and proceed to change the subject
Your boyfriend also mentioned how Yoosung was very curt
towards him in classes lately…
Despite the obvious distaste Yoosung showed towards him,
though, Yoosung would never try to interfere with your relationship.
You brought your boyfriend as your plus one to the RFA
party, but you hadn’t mentioned it to Yoosung since he always changed the
subject and refused to listen, anyway
He looked hurt when he saw you walk into the party with your
boyfriend, and even ran off to the bathroom stalls.
At first, you were going to chase after him, but your boyfriend
took the role upon himself instead, telling you to trust him. You stood outside
the bathroom, waiting, and hoping to catch some of their conversation. It wasn’t
long before you heard their voices raise against each other, but you willed
yourself not to cut in.
“I liked her long
before you did! Why do you think I even brought her to the campus that day?! I
wouldn’t just bring her around for the hell of it. I was planning to confess to
her… But you ruined it by following us and flirting with her the whole time!”
“…Yoosung. Do you
think MC is an amazing person?”
“Huh? Of course I do…?”
Yoosung sounded confused by the question.
“In that case, shouldn’t
you have been more aware that others would easily notice her good qualities as
well? From the moment I saw her, I knew she was different from any other woman
I’ve ever met. That’s why I made a move on her. It’s your own loss for being a
Yoosung fell silent.
“Anyway, you should
get back to the party soon. You and I both know how hard she worked on it. The
least you can do is try to enjoy it a bit, you know?”
Your boyfriend stepped out soon after his parting statement,
and you followed him, asking him in a whisper, “Hey, don’t you think you were a
bit harsh back there?”
He hung an arm around your shoulder. “I only spoke the
truth. He has to grow up someday. He can’t be babied by you guys forever.”
Yoosung didn’t talk
to you about the incident, but you knew he took your boyfriend’s words to heart
because he stopped avoiding talks about your relationship, and even giving you
advice whenever you needed it. It wasn’t a major change, but it made you think,
maybe he really has grown up a bit.
He’s always been against you having a boyfriend, dead set on
convincing you that, “All men are wolves.”
He took you to a play that demonstrated this concept, one
that his friend happened to be acting in, hoping you would realize from the
tragic love story in the play that men were up to no good.
… Yeah. Bad move, Zen.
That same friend of his developed an interest in you for
some reason, and eventually managed to charm you enough to get you to date him.
Zen was reluctant, but he did trust his friend to take
proper care of you, so he tried to resist complaining
Still… he couldn’t help the jealousy that pooled in his
chest every time his friend talked about you
“MC’s so sweet and
considerate! I’m surprised she hasn’t had much experience with dating before,
seriously, she’s an amazing girlfriend!”
“I know…” Zen replied glumly, not in the mood—never in the
mood, to listen about how you doted over your boyfriend
“And it’s so hard to
resist touching her, she’s seriously beautiful, even though she doesn’t realize
“…I know,” Zen repeated himself, slightly angrier this time.
“Do you think I should
ask her to fuck next time? She does seem a bit prude about tha-“
Zen cast his friend an incredulous look. “Don’t say that.
Just because she’s not jumping into bed with you doesn’t mean that she’s a
prude. And you’re her boyfriend, don’t talk about her as if she’s some one
“Zen,” his friend
laughed, “What’s got you so riled up? She’s just a girl. You know that actors
like us can have any girl we want. She should be happy I even looked at her or
Anger rose to the silver-haired actor’s chest, but he
clenched his jaw and held back his words. Instead, he complained to you,
“MC… haven’t you ever considered getting a different boyfriend?
Maybe someone who’s, well, more handsome, more suitable for you,” Zen suddenly
said in a call one night, causing you to furrow your eyebrows in confusion
He wouldn’t tell you the reason, but he wouldn’t need to,
You found your boyfriend having sex with some random girl (that
he probably picked up from the streets) when you had been visiting his
apartment, hoping to surprise him. Well. Turns out you were the one surprised
But… you didn’t want to break up with him. It sounded
stupid, but he’d made you feel like he really loved you… like he really thought
you were beautiful… Maybe it was because he was an actor, but it felt so real.
So you didn’t say anything about your boyfriend’s cheating.
But you found yourself feeling more and more depressed as the days passed and
you stayed in a relationship with him
Zen was the one who came to your apartment, bringing meals
for you, movies to keep you distracted, blankets to build a fort…
Often fell asleep with you in his arms when the two of you
were worn out from everything else
You found yourself enjoying these moments with Zen a lot,
and you’d turn down your boyfriend’s requests for dates… But he knew you were
with Zen, because your scent would linger on Zen’s clothing.
He got more and more jealous, and even forced himself into
your apartment, demanding you to spend a night with him to prove you weren’t
cheating with Zen, ignoring your protests and using his strength to deny you
the ability of escaping
It was lucky that Zen had planned to drop by, and he quickly
threw your boyfriend off of you, easily restraining him and landing continuous hits
When all was done and dealt with, you were single again, and
Zen was right by your side, sighing as he said,
“See? I told you, all men are wolves.”
“…Even you, Zen-oppa?”
His cheeks flushed from your comment, but he quickly changed
the subject to avoid your question.
She did her best to be subtle about her distaste for the man
you called “boyfriend.”
See, thing is, you had already captured her interest (and
heart cough cough) from the first few days you’d met
And you hadn’t mentioned that you had a boyfriend. Until
“You want to invite someone to the party? Is it a friend?
Family member?” she asked in the chatroom, curious
“Huh? Oh~ No, it’s my boyfriend!” You replied with a picture
of you and your boyfriend, clearly proud to show off
When V mentioned the photo quality was really good, you sent
a few more, explaining that your boyfriend was a photographer and used a high
quality camera to take pictures on dates. The chatroom filled with your
lovey-dovey couple photos, and you even started to talk about your boyfriend
Jaehee watched this go on for a while before she
interrupted, texting, “Hey. Back on topic, there isn’t enough room for an extra
guest. Don’t invite him. We can not accommodate for him.”
…Which confused you. You knew there was more than enough
room for another hundred guests, especially since you had invited most of them
Perhaps there was another reason that you didn’t know about,
so you decided to let it go.
However, when one of the guests said they couldn’t make it
to the party, Jaehee had no excuse to hold you back from bringing your
You couldn’t help but notice how, although Jaehee was
professional to all the other guests, she was curt and tight-lipped when
interacting with your boyfriend, and almost seemed like she was glaring at him.
Minus the “almost.”
When you asked her about her behaviour, she averted her eyes
as she subconsciously jutted out her bottom lip. “I don’t like your boyfriend,”
she mumbled, cheeks reddening.
It surprised you a lot—you never pegged her to be the
jealous type, and actually… why was she jealous in the first place?
She bit her lip, deciding it was now or never to admit her
feelings. “MC… I really, really like you,” she said almost in a whisper. “I
really do. But I know you’re happy with your boyfriend… I can see that with how
you look at him and how he smiles at you, and how happy you look in all your
photos… It makes me jealous every time but I really love you and I want you to
be happy, so… I’ll be okay even if you don’t like me back.”
You could only stare, lost for words.
“I know you’re probably confused… and I know this is out of
character, b-but… I can’t help it. This is the first time I’ve liked someone so
much. I don’t understand these emotions myself, I’m sorry,” Jaehee said,
quickly removing her glasses to wipe her tears with the back of her hand. “Just
pretend you never heard me. I-I’ll move on. Don’t worry about it. Really.”
And then she ran off, not giving you a chance to respond.
But both of you knew that no matter how you answered her, it wouldn’t be a good
one. Still, you would’ve liked to thank her for her feelings, at the very least…
But the next time she talked to you, it was as if the
incident had never happened in the first place.
Considering he wasn’t really “allowed” to have feelings for
anyone, he could only show his (overwhelming) jealousy in the subtlest of ways
Or well, at least he thought it was subtle, you know?
He hacked into your phone and programmed it so that any
photos you tried to send of you and your boyfriend would automatically be
deleted… AND a photo of himself cosplaying would be sent to your boyfriend’s
When you complained about it, he reassured you that it was
merely a bug
You believed him at first
But his jealousy became blatantly obvious at the party, when
you brought your boyfriend along
Seven was literally hanging all over you, basically trapping
you in his hugs the entire time and making your boyfriend feel awkward
Forced you to sit on his lap during dinner through pure
Took a lot of selfies with you
Blew kisses to you at least a thousand times throughout the
Even kissed you on the cheek every few minutes after he got
Well, with Seven’s unnecessary interference, your boyfriend
felt really, really uncomfortable.
“Hey, you know, if this was a way to tell me you weren’t
interested in me anymore, well, I got the message. You could’ve just told me
yourself,” your boyfriend muttered, “So uhm, this is it, we’re breaking up I
Before you could even explain the misunderstanding, Seven
had his hands clamped over your mouth and pulled you into a hug, preventing you
from chasing after your now-ex.
“Don’t go after him,” he whispered into your ear, sounding
pained. “Please… look at me instead.”
You never noticed that Jumin was jealous at all
He hid it very well, and even appeared interested in your
relationship with your boyfriend, often asking questions
It wasn’t until the RFA party that you started to notice
something seemed off about Jumin
He (and Driver Kim) picked you up from the apartment, even
though you said your boyfriend had no problem doing so… Jumin had even bought a
fancy dress that was exactly your size (even though he had never asked you) as
well as matching shoes and accessories…
You didn’t think much of it—maybe he did this for everyone?
You didn’t notice the dark smirk that crossed his expression
when you walked out of the apartment wearing everything he’d bought. To him, it
was like he already marked you as his.
The ride to the party was quiet, with Jumin acting as the
perfect gentleman when he led you in and out of the car.
“…Why are you holding my waist like this?” you asked
He smiles back pleasantly, “I’m only acting as a proper
escort, MC. Don’t worry.”
Camera flashes made you turn your head, and you remembered that
the man beside you was Jumin Han, a young, hot, and highly sought-after
corporate director. Your relationship with him appeared much more intimate
because of the way he held you, earning murmurs from the surrounding crowds. Even
though he claimed it was a professional gesture, you knew better.
…Especially from the jealous expression on your boyfriend’s
face, you could tell that the way Jumin touched you must have looked far from
You’d hardly entered the party hall when your boyfriend
stormed past you, anger flashing in his eyes. “So this is why you didn’t want me
to pick you up? So you could show off to the world that you’re Jumin Han’s
The fact that his first words to you were to express his
anger upset you. You’d put in so much time into your appearance, couldn’t he at
least have said something about that? Or maybe even greet you like a normal
boyfriend would, with a hug and/or a kiss? But no, he had to yell at you
Jumin came up behind you, placing a hand on your shoulder to
ask if you were okay—god that made your boyfriend mad, because Jumin was acting
as if he was the boyfriend.
You stared questioningly at Jumin, who watched with a
satisfied smirk as your boyfriend moodily left the party. Had he intended that…?
But… Jumin’s usual dense character made you doubt it.
His stupidity played to benefit him, for once……
Really jealous that he wasn’t the one who could claim you as
Often texted your boyfriend from your phone when you were
busy, telling him to come back later
Cuddled with you often—shamelessly
Whenever you went on dates, he would call for you to come
back, sounding helpless. The trick never failed. You’d always come back to his
arms… even though you weren’t his.
But he wanted you to belong to him, so, so bad.
Saeran made it clear that he didn’t like your boyfriend
Sent pictures of the two of you together to your boyfriend
to state that you were occupied
Saeran would call you over so much that you’d spend more
days with him than your own boyfriend
But the sexual tension was hiiiiiiiiigh…
He’d always make sure to touch you as much as he could while
still maintaining a platonic image
But his gaze would linger a little long on your face
His voice, almost always a little too close to your ear,
sending shivers down your spine
His gentle touch, too comfortable– too comfortable because his arms made you feel so warm and secure that
you could just fall asleep, but you didn’t feel that with your actual lover
Being with Saeran felt so right, and that was exactly why it
Your boyfriend had more bursts of anger as time passed—“I
always smell his scent on you! There’s no way you’re not cheating when you’re
close enough for his scent to rub off this strongly on you!”
To which you would always protest that you weren’t attracted
to Saeran like that—but you were—and that you would never cheat—so why did you
feel so guilty—and that you were faithful.
But your boyfriend couldn’t take it anymore. He couldn’t
stand how close you were to some man he hardly knew. So after enough weeks of
arguing whether you were with Saeran or not, he finally broke up with you.
You felt conflicted—you knew it was mainly your fault, but
it wasn’t like you hadn’t liked him at all, because you did.
The break-up did hurt, but Saeran was there with you, every
step of the way, hugging you tightly—with a relieved smile on his face of
Maybe you could finally belong to him now, instead.
"Okay everyone, please remember to do the homework I assigned on page 416"
Chemistry was probably the worst class of the day. Not because I was bad at it, its just boring. So here i am sitting in the back of the class waiting for the bell to ring for lunch. Today my boyfriend and I were supposed to skip lunch to hang out. Zach and I always do this and honestly its so much fun. We could go to the park, which is where we go most of the time, or we go through some random drive thru and get food from there.
While I was lost in my thoughts, I didn’t notice that every one was already packed up. The bell finally rang and everyone went to lunch while i was still putting my things away. The teacher left and told me to turn off the lights on my way out. The room was empty but that quickly changed as Bryce Walker came in closing the door behind him which left me confused. I never liked Bryce he always seemed like an asshole.
"Hey (Y/N)“ he said approaching me.
"The fuck do you want Bryce?"
"Ya know (Y/N), you’ve always had this attitude towards me and i think you might have a little crush” he answered.
" Its quite the opposite actually. Now excuse me but i gotta run" I said passing him and making my way to the door.
He grabbed my wrist and pulled me back before i could open the door. Before i knew it, I was trapped between his body and the wall and his lips were on mine. He was…making out with me? For some reason I thought this was gonna take a violent turn rather than him kissing me, but either way I didn’t like it. I pushed him off but he just put me back in the same position.
"C'mon (Y/N), Zach doesn’t have to know. I mean i know you want me, what girl doesn’t?“ He said
Now there were tears in my eyes. I was both afraid of what was gonna happen next and what Zach would think.
Before things went any further I tried pushing him again, this time he stumbled on my school bag that had fallen from me a few minutes back. He was now on the floor and i took this chance to get my bag and hurry out of the room.
I walked outside the classroom and was instantly led to the cafeteria.
~* Zach’s Pov*~
I was sitting at a table with Justin, Alex, Montgomery, and a few other guys but i wasn’t really paying attention to what they were saying. I was too busy looking from my phone to the door that (Y/N) usually enters the lunch room from.
"Yo Dempsey” i hear Justin yell
I turn my attention to him and he continues talking to me.
"Who are you looking for dude?“ He asks
"Im just waiting for (Y/N) to hurry up and come, its been five minutes since lunch started and shes never really this late”
"Bro its just five minutes chill"
And just as he finished his sentence I saw (Y/N) walk into the cafeteria. My smile was quickly replaced with a worried expression when i saw that she was crying. We locked eyes for a moment but she looked away and started making her way out of the school. I then saw Bryce walk out from that same door and the thought finally hit me that he wasn’t with us at lunch either. I suddenly realized what probably happened and i honestly didn’t know what to do, I was torn between going after (Y/N) to comfort her or going to Bryce and beating the shit out of him.
Before i knew it i was already standing in front of Bryce and yelling at him. We went back and forth.
"Oh calm down Dempsey, nothing even really happened" Bryce said with a stupid smirk on his face.
"THATS FUCKING BULLSHIT BRYCE! I KNOW THE TYPE OF SHIT YOU PULL OFF, WALKER"
At this point Justin and Marcus were holding me back and telling me to stop, scared that i would say something about the tapes. They eventually let me go and i made my way outside looking for (Y/N). She couldn’t have gone that far, right?
I got in my car and drove around campus until I found her on a bench near the tennis court. I got out and sat by her.
I saw Zach walking towards me but i didn’t look at him. He looked really mad which scared me. ‘Was he mad at me?’ I thought. Thats when he sat next to me and pulled me into a hug.
"(Y/N) what exactly happened back there?“ He asked while pulling away sounding really worried.
"I was just in class packing my things up when he walked in saying dumb shit then kissed me” I answered, still not looking at him.
He then knelt in front of me putting his hands slightly rubbing my knees and trying to catch my gaze.
"Is that all that happened?“
”(Y/N) are you sure? Cause i swear if that fuckass tries anything on you i will-“
"Thats all that happened Zach” i cut him off while smiling at him.
He smiled back, then stood up and made me stand up too. He led me to his car.
"You wanna just skip the rest of the school day?“ He asked "Cause im really not in the mood to see Bryce in the halls”.
"Yeah me neither, we should just get food and go back to my house" I answered.
He pressed a quick kiss on my lips, turned on his car and we pulled out of school grounds.
Eric “Bitty” Bittle, great-grandson of Howling Commando Dum Dum Dugan (on his Mama’s side), has a cousin coming to Samwell and needs to crash at the Haus for a while until they can “sort out his living arrangements.”
Bitty’s cousin Steve is a Brooklyn boy from New York, an art student, is about five foot and change of sass and kindness.
Also, he can cook too.
(“Bless your heart, is that colcannon, cousin?”
“Trust me on this - the boyfriend loves it.” )
Shitty is over the moon because “Cousin Steve” has an amazing tolerance to the Haus’ infamous “Tub Juice.”
Of course, Jack the History Major promptly has a heart attack because World War II is one of his major interests and he totally recognizes Bitty’s “Cousin Steve” and he actually fumbles when Steve smiles ruefully and just shakes his hand.
Jack mumbles something about his thesis on the Howling Commandos and Steve tells him it’s a “Yes.”
Also, Jack is not sure whether to be thankful or completely pissed off that Steve proved that Bitty is a full body blusher. He tries not to understand what it meant when Steve looked Jack up and down and turned to Bitty and said, “Cousin, we definitely have a type.”
“Oh my lord,” Bitty moaned.
“Brunette, killer cheekbones and blue-gray eyes, Bits. We’re definitely related."
"YOU STOP THAT, STEVEN GRANT."
Jack begins to understand about brunette and killer cheekbones when he realizes "Cousin Steve” has a shadow who, for whatever reason, trips all of Jack’s internal alarm bells.
Shitty is all: “He’s ex-military and is taking engineering.”
“How do you know this?”
“Elementary, my dear Watzimms - you don’t get that murder strut on America’s Next Top Model.”
“Okay, so maybe I saw him take down one of the few known assholes on campus - the one who tried to drown our Bits in the toilet?”
“The one who still has your sneaker prints on his ass from when you kicked him out of the Haus.”
“Not that you didn’t sock him on the jaw too. That was beautiful, bro.”
“Well, Mr. Murder Strut put the fear of God into him, so much so that I hear he’s dropping out and moving to some other campus.”
Jack comes into the Haus one day to find Mr. Murder Strut sprawled out on the couch and Cousin Steve curled up on top of him, purring contentedly.
Mr. Murder Strut calmly regards Jack and then says, “Your fella’s in the kitchen. Try not to keep him waiting.”
Mr. Murder Strut has a nice smile. “He’s a keeper, you know. Shouldn’t let him get away. I know I’m not going to let go of mine.”
“Buck,” Cousin Steve manages to sound reproving even sleepy.
“I’m just sayin’!”
The other shoe drops. If James Buchanan Barnes, former Howling Commando, is dispensing love advice to Jack Zimmerman, he probably needs to pay attention.
Jack manages to get himself into the kitchen where Bitty and apple maple crusted pie awaited. It took a few false starts but it did end with apple maple-flavored kisses and an armful of happy, giggling Bitty.
Cousin Steve and Mr. Bucky “Murder Strut” Barnes became constant Haus guests.
And Lo, I Have Fallen Into Gay Hockey Hell With Stucky, a Blanket Fort Headcanon In Which There Is No Civil War, Everything is Happy and Nothing Hurts
the prompt: could I have a jungkook scenario where him and her are best friends and she’s always pointing at girls like “what about her she’s cute” or when a waitress flirts with him she’s like “hey go for it she’s into you” and jungkook is just not interested and shoves it off and he doesn’t really know why he just doesn’t find any of her suggestions attractive until one day when they’re walking in the park or wherever and she trips and lands on her face or eating something and it spills down her shirt and she’s not fazed about it at all and he’s just sweetly laughing at her clumsiness and that’s when he realizes that the reason he never thought those girls fit his standards was because they weren’t her.
author note: every time i write abt kookie i think of him as a boyfriend which is funny bc im not rlly romantically attracted to jungkook?? enjoy!
voltron characters as things i’ve done at frat parties
almost got kicked out because i yelled "i will murder whoever keeps throwing beer on us" and got in a fight with said person, who was a senior in the frat and at least twice my size.
accidentally lost my friends on the dance floor, couldn't find them because i was too short to see above everyone else's heads, gave up, and went upstairs to lay on the floor and play with the house dog for an hour.
went looking for the bathroom, found the kitchen instead. made garlic bread in the frat kitchen and ran away.
lost my best friend at the bar downstairs. cried for 10 minutes. went up to the dj with the intention of making a lost child announcement but got sidetracked and instead asked them to play ignition - remix by r. kelly.
ran away from my friends when they tried to take me home and disappeared for two hours. when found halfway across campus at another frat, i insisted that i had seen beyonce. eventually conceded that it was unrealistic for me to have seen beyonce but still insisted that i saw solange.
convinced myself and everyone at the party i knew how to communicate with squirrels because i saw one in the backyard and made prolonged eye contact with it before it ran away.
said "i don't know who that is" when some dudebros asked me "where's the weed" because i couldn't hear them properly and i thought they were just being weird and asking me where their friend therese was.
spent 10 minutes in the bathroom just checking to see if my hair looked good with a middle part while twenty drunk girls yelled threats at me from outside because they were all waiting to pee.
won one game of beer pong and then shoved everyone on the dance floor out of the way, screaming "i am the supreme" and "you are all weak."
Pairing/Characters: Domestic!Steve Rogers x Reader
swearing, sir!kink, daddy!kink, just heaps of fluff and smut reader beware
Summary: Reader doesn’t deal very well with
long drives (or road trips as Steve calls them) and she starts to get really
impatient. She’s so impatient she starts to fidget… a lot. Steve doesn’t mind,
until she puts her feet on the dash of his brand new car.
Word Count: 2.4k+
A/N: FILTH I AM FILTH BUT LIKE CUTE FILTH