hello there!! have you been doing well, angel? if not, this is a
gentle but firm reminder to get your shit together. but
hey, why shouldn’t you be proud of yourself? you have conquered so many
years of your life and - no don’t you dare try to be modest, every
single tiny achievement matters. + I’m here to tell you that
failing is NORMAL. everyone fails at one thing or another but succeed at
another. And if you feel that you aren’t successful at anything, then
darling you haven’t tried hard enough.
alright alright, before I begin ranting out of the topic, let’s get started.
this is a part of the get your shit together masterposts. To view the
other articles in this category and to view the topics in this that I’ll
be covering in future, go here.
avoiding negative feelings
biggest reason why I don’t have that many negative thoughts (note that I
said “many” and not all. I too have bad days once in a while) now because I realized that I, and only I, am completely on my side. I’m there for me
at all times, throughout my life. And doesn’t it sound stupid to be
against the only player on my team?
once i realized that, it
become so much easier to work at par with myself and to love myself. I became more patient with myself, started embracing my flaws and
loving the person that I was. sounds pretty cringy?
that’s only because we don’t talk about these things and we feel they
aren’t worth talking about. However if you really want to conquer life,
loving yourself is the most important layer in this many layered
cheesecake and yes, i like food.
cheat code: so how do avoid negative feelings? the answer lies
in realizing your worth and capabilities and being on the same team as
your own self.
dealing with negative feelings
now we come to the part when you are having negative feelings. Everyone has bad days and negative feelings but you can deal with ‘em in a better way than feeling low and wasting your entire day. and here’s way number one -
figure out what triggered you. when I have a bad day I sit down and list down what exactly provocated the bad day. these were my reasons -
- someone said I was being annoying
- I didn’t get much done that day
- I felt gross and untidy
then, find solutions to those problems.
- hey, everyone don’t have to like you. you are proud of yourself and that’s enough.
- Make a list. Do those things. I don’t care if you’re tired, do those things. If you don’t do them, you’ll feel guilty and that’s never fun.
- god, just go take a shower again. (taylor, you stink.)
as you see, the problems were really petty and solutions are pretty simple. but remember that these problems aren’t negligible. this method works bc once you figure out solutions to them, you figure out a method how to fight them so that the same problems to affect you again. Now I know that when I feel gross I need to take a shower and not roam around like a stinky animal. See what I mean?
lastly, realize that these things are not worth you losing control of yourself and walking around like a dead zombie #rip.
I have negative feelings because I feel under confident or not sure
about something. when this happens, which leads me to way number two - I have a convo with myself.
ok mate, why do you feel down? um I don’t feel sure about this presentation. what if I screw this up? what if the teacher is like this is so shit?? what if I never get to eat donuts again???
seriously? well, I can assure you that donuts aren’t going extinct. as for this interview, listen child. you have prepared for this shit, you can do it. doN’T freak out and don’t think you can’t ace this. you can, trust me.
to myself not only helps calm me down but also gives me a sense of
purpose. That I have promised myself to ace this and I cannot let myself
- understanding why
why should you love yourself?
bc you yourself crave the feeling to be loved. isn’t being in love simply magical? Well, so is being in love with
yourself. it is even more magical tbh. this is bc you
are with yourself 24/7 and when you start loving yourself you become
much more aware of yourself and you have able to work much better since
you are able to identify your flaws and strengths. Remember
when you used to bitch about that girl on whom every guy had a crush and
you none? (same fam #LongLiveTheHobos) Turns out that someone
does have a huge crush on you. Love yourself, your brain craves for
- take yourself out on dates
raise your hand if you think dates are great. I agree. They are even better when you go out to a restaurant bc like food is great. it is super important that you take your own self out of dates and not only bc you are hungry but bc a conqueror (yAS THOSE ARE MY PEOPLE) knows the value of taking time off for himself. These are not simply slogging through the weekend and binge watching Netflix, mind you. That’s a huge waste of time, froind. A conqueror makes a date official. cheat code: remember that your dates have to be memorable and most importantly, well earned. Here’s a checklist to make your dates more special.
- positive energy, check.
- more smiles and hugs, check.
- a happy mindset, check.
- and how about a list of things that you can do for yourself?
the turn a bad day around challenge
here’s the first challenge of the get your shit together series! I introduced this bc readers said that the topics on here were easy to say but harder to carry out.I do agree with that but hey, I never said that getting your shit together would be easy. by completing the challenges you can implement the ideas I’m trying to propagate here and also get a feel of having that particular area under your control.
- task one: when you are having a bad day, sit down. list down the reasons why it was a bad day and why are you feel down. it can be as simple as not getting enough sleep and feeling grumpy.
- task two: list down the solutions that you can use to overcome those problems.
- task three: remind yourself that these petty problems cannot cost you your valuable time and that you are a badass bitch and you can handle everything.
- task four: make a to-do list. I know you haven’t done no shit today so now is the time to shine. don’t put like a thousand things on the list tho lmao. three - four would do enough for the moment.
- task five: do those things. seriously, do them.
- task six: (and this is the nicest one) treat yo'self!! you have literally turned around a bad day and done so much shit! you have successfully conquered this day, a day which would have been spent lamenting and getting nothing done. maybe go treat yourself to some delicious pumpkin pie from a bakery (share with me pls); you really do deserve it!! I’m so proud of you :^)
and that’s it, it’s a wrap! if you have any questions/suggestions regarding anything I said up there (or maybe you just wanna talk about food), feel free to send in a message! my other masterposts are here and to request a masterpost, leave your question in my ask box!
I hope you all are well, stay safe and conquer life, you amaze conqueror :“)