raomancowman- it seems like people are really giving you a hard time about psychonauts, so i just wanted to let you know that for what it's worth i've appreciated the lp thus far. sure it has its ups and downs but that's almost all lps. you don't deserve the passive aggressive backseat gaming bs ppl are pulling on you, esp. w/ unnecessary attacks on your char/behavior, patapon or not. im sure it is exhausting. anyway no need to reply i wanted to just send sentiments. thanks for play as always
I know that feeling, my pal. It hurts me so much whenever I go to my FB and see the one I call my bestie talking trash about him. I now don’t even talk to her about MM anymore. There is no use trying to change the mind of people who only want to believe what they want, really.
Jumin’s problems are probably the most overlooked one in the game.
Zen and Jaehee have their abused childhood explicitly brought up.
Yoosung has his Rika issue mentioned and nicely resolved.
There is a whole section dedicated to the tragic stories of Choi’s brothers + V/Rika.
Yet, Jumin is the one who had his problematic past only subtly addressed (and completely ignored).
1) His lack of emotions was caused by emotional neglect from both of his parents. His mom had never been with him. His father didn’t care about his feelings and brought a new woman home probably every two weeks. And now you ask why he disliked women with a passion. Really? We haven’t even discussed the possibility of him being sexually harassed by his stepmothers yet.
2) His preferred practical way of thinking resulted from his father’s will wanting him to learn the way to becoming not only competent but the best executive director in SK. This man legit had no dream for himself. He devoted all his time and energy to work and work. Pre-MC time, if you ask what he most desires, he probably says he wants C&R to succeed and his father to be proud of him. Someone really needs to free Jumin from his father and tell him that he deserves better than being a money making machine.
3) Out of his two best friends who he thought would understand him most, one was presumably dead; the other was gone MIA most of the time and unreachable. His one and only emotional outlet was a cat that could never actually respond to his feelings. You don’t treat this man like a proper human being he is with legit feelings, yet expect him to function like one? Oh, please. That.is.not.how.thing.works. As much as I like V, I’m still very salty about this one. You are his friend, V. He needs you, not a cat. On a side note, just look at how affectional he was with Elizabeth 3rd, that is how affectional he would also be with his love one, presumably he could ever have one. Jumin can just make quite a decent lover like anyone else. Fight me on this, Zenny.
4) The whole RFA treated him as if he was some sort of robot who had no feelings. Zen projected his hate for his brother onto him. Jaehee purely saw him as “a man who must go to work” even when he was experiencing an emotional crisis. Seven constantly provoked him with ridiculous gossips about his personal life. Yoosung thought he was a scary, mean boss who he must avoid working for.
To other people, decent ones = those who treat them well.
To Jumin, decent ones = those who treat him like an actual human being.
You never expect the C&R executive director would have such a low standard, don’t you? Yet, aside from V and Rika, Elly the cat was the only one who passed, haha.
5) Even in Jumin’s Route, I feel like Cheritz did him no justice. During your stay in his home, the whole RFA acted like he was some sort of criminal while he only wanted to protect you from the ACTUAL THREATS. The BE3 gave so many weird options, making MC treat him as if he was a monster. Note that this never happens to any other character in any other route. Also, wake up, MC. You are the delusional one here. Why would you want to come back to the apartment that was not even yours? In case you have forgotten, the hacker was still on the loose. He knew the address. He knew the passcode. Why on Earth would you want to go back there? You wonder why Jumin’s Route was the only route where MC was safe from the hacker without V’s interference? That was because you were staying at Jumin’s penthouse, being given full protection that even the goddamn special security system and Seven’s Godliness couldn’t offer. I don’t know. Jumin was only being logical. Do I really have to hate him for that?
TL;DR: Jumin is a deep character who deserves much more love, or at least respect and understanding rather than being portrayed by fandom as a kinky daddie, or getting his sexuality poked fun at with a shitty, homophobic meme. This is a fact, not an opinion. I will fight anyone who says otherwise.
If I’m honest I have no idea if I like it or not but for what I’m trying to say its not really relevant.
In terms of mlm gil has more than reyes and subsequently much less than any actual companion in the game. So, as everyone already knows, since gil isnt a companion you miss out on background dialogue, conversations in side quests/main quests not to mention the change in these dialogues if a companion is being romanced. You might think, this is already terrible. Gil, already has wayyyyy less content than other romances mlf and even flf. But its actually worse than that. For example on of his few interactions with ryder is a poker game, with literally nothing different happens in it than past iterations in other bioware games, so thats even LESS content. Not to mention, his scene when the romance is confirmed (although slightly cute) has a HUGELY disappointing feel to it when compared to others, its literally just im dating your friend. Jaal for example you meet his family and then sit in his room while Jaals holographic galaxy map that he made as a child fills the room in a beautiful blue glow. Or peebee when you float around in anti-gravity just having a good time. SO THATS EVEN LESSS.
And for that sweet finale, the sex scene with gil simply fades to black. Although there is slight lead up thats all that happens. Again, alone not the worst thing ever. But, compare it to peebee whom you get to see both boobs and butt??????? HeLl0 paging bioware plz. Why do you hate me. (I just want reyes tbh)
Like, I don’t even know what to say. Even right before the final mission he barely says anything to you??????????? In that tinyyyy scene before it starts. PLUS in the mission itself he has one line at the start and doesn’t even wish you good luck or anything?????? Stay safe?????? Anything????? Literally STEVE was better than this.
I’m just tired at this point.
Tl;dr Gil romance has EVEN LESS content than you probably think it does.
I just started playing Starbound, and I may not quite know what I’m doing, but I’m enjoying it!! I wanted to draw my chara(I just had to chose the avian ppl o course). She’s Pluck, the plucky protagonist!
I don’t normally engage in fandom discourse, but I see a lot of people saying “I don’t want blizzard to say who the canon lgbt characters are in Overwatch, because I think it’s better for fans to have their own headcanons.” And I 100% disagree.
Representation in a game that reaches people all over the world, many of whom are from a homophobic subculture that might otherwise not encounter any queer characters in any of their other media, is more important than your ships.
Shipping is not why lgbt characters are necessary. They are necessary because real, actual lgbt people exist and now more than ever need to be normalized in media. Subtext alone is not enough. We need to be allowed to exist as more than a head tilt and a wink, as more than something that has to be coded and guessed at like we’re some sort of dirty secret.
basically, If your ship is more important than real life representation on a global scale, I really think you’ve missed the point, and maybe you should think about your priorities. :\
SO. This is not the best quality. I don’t normally do comics, but I’m honestly just happy that I managed to get it out and slap some color on there!
For all those mystic messenger players who feel that disconnect between themselves and the MC. Maybe you feel like Seven doesn’t really love you. After all, we can’t form our own responses when we talk to him. But he does love you! He blatantly breaks the mechanics of the game to let you know that he knows you’re there, and he still loves you.
Maybe you can’t say exactly what you want. But those choices you make are yours, regardless. - @gigiree
Fic where Jimin is deaf and he just starts to mumble Yoongi’s name and he REALLY tried and its so cute that Yoongi just wants to hug the boy and cuddle
Yoongi’s hands froze where they stood, fingers still lightly pressed to the warn out keyboards of his laptop. He didn’t know if he had just imagined what he think he’d just heard or if he did, in fact, actually hear it, so he remained still, waiting, anticipating.
Either his imagination was wilder than he had thought, he was going crazy, or the person behind him, his angel, his sunshine, the only reason he actually got up every morning, the person who would never hear the world around him was actually calling him.
Slowly, as if if he were too quick the magic would disappear, Yoongi turned around with his chair, his eyes immediately finding the fidgeting figure of Jimin. Small, weak, precious Jimin, drowning in one of Yoongi’s big, black sweaters and the blanket from their bedroom, with messy hair and puffy cheeks.
Yoongi nodded, barely controlling his emotions, quietly motioning for the younger to come closer. To come to him. And when he did, he pulled him down into his lap and waited.
He was used to the loud “Yoah!” every time a bug managed to sneak up behind Jimin and he had to call his knight in shining armor. He was used with unintelligible mumbling that sometimes sneaked from between his lips when he was signing too fast or too excited. To quiet giggles and loud moans and squeaked yelps.
But he had never, in his wildest dreams, imagined he would hear Jimin even just attempt to say his name. Ever.
@aftgexchange@kitshunette i took some liberties with the perfect court au and it doesn’t really match your prompt but i still hope you like it! happy holidays! (and i got a bit carried away so you’ll get a part two haha)
“It was a joy from beginning to end. He’s very easy to get along with and the audition sort of said it all. He came in the room and by the time he left I said, ‘He made me raise my game. I want to work with him.’” - Benedict Cumberbatch talks Martin Freeman (x)
countdown to series four // day 19 - favourite cast interview
Please let me know if you have any issues at all! I plan on making some more mesh edits for toddlers, so stay tuned for more if that’s what you’re looking for. And if you’re following my story on @keikosim, then this little cutie in the preview pics will appear… soon?
Professor Layton is such a, such an odd protagonist, to actually get popular.
He’s just this soft-spoken, middle-aged professor who strives to be as polite as possible at all times and he wants other people to be as polite as possible, even at his shoutiest he doesn’t really raise his voice or get, like, super enraged or heated or anything, he doesn’t ever seem to lose his cool, I guess.
He’s just, such a purely nice guy, and is so straightforward with how nice he is, like I don’t know if there’s any other protagonists from anything that is the way Professor Layton is what the fuck,
it feels like a genuinely miracle that these games got popular, and I suppose, it’s on the strength of the puzzles and mystery and stuff, but still, the fact that Professor Layton is a widely known name, it fucking baffles me. What did we do to deserve Professor Layton?