Okay but let's consider
- He always felt different, but didn’t know being trans was a thing, so he though he was a tomboy
- When he was 12 he learned the term trans, and he thought maybe that’s what he was, but he was too afraid to admit it to himself, let alone other people. He came out to his foster family when he was 13 and they were very loving and supportive. They bought him a binder and signed him up for hormone blockers. He started Testosterone when he was 14.
- At the Garrison, he never told Hunk or Pidge (or anyone for that matter) that he was trans because he was bullied for it a lot in school. He has the scars to prove it.
- Lance had a panic attack when he realized he forgot his binder back on earth. So he went under his sink and found something resembling ace bandages and used those to bind instead.
- Pidge was the first to find out. They had walked into Lance’s room to find him putting on his ace bandages. Lance started crying and apologizing, but Pidge just told him to take the bandages off and to put on a shirt
- When Lance told Pidge that he was trans, they immediately tried to find a fabric they could use to recreate a safe binder. They may have been a technology nerd, but they were nonbinary so they knew a shit ton about binders (and how to make them).
- Lance cried when Pidge gave him the binder
- Lance ends up coming out to the team via an argument with Keith. (“Lance, you’ll never know what it’s like to be different!” “Oh I guarantee I know a shit ton more than you do!” “Oh really? You’ll never know what it’s like to be something you don’t want to be!” “KEITH I’M FUCKING TRANS. I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT IT’S LIKE TO BE SOMETHING YOU DON’T WANT TO BE!”)
- Everyone is really quiet and Lance runs off crying, worried that his team will hate him now that they know he not /really/ a boy
- Keith finds Lance with Blue. He immediately runs up to Lance and engulfs him in a bear hug, telling him he had no idea. The rest of the team soon follows
- Fluff ensues