Hi there love!! I just wanted to quickly drop by and let you know that I think all of your posts are stunning, everything you do is simply wonderful!! You keep doing you, because you’re the sweetest. 💗💕
HI there, lovely. I really don’t deserve this message, especially coming from you…whom I’ve seen leaving sweet messages on other blogs. You are really such a lovely person and we need more people like you in the world. Thank you so much for your message, it really makes my day.
I also think your edits are gorgeous and I love your CC. Also, I can’t wait till I see more of your legacy. Thank you again for this lovely message 🌺
So with the emergence of the anime becoming more and more
popular, of course the fan base is growing and growing, I would even say to
heights like seen in Fairy Tail, Naruto, etc.
However, with the series getting more popular, you are stuck
with more….negative opinions about the characters that in my mind are sometimes
just not necessary.
Now, this blog is normally Ochako and Kacchako and I intend
to mostly keep it that way but lately, I’ve been seeing a lot of negative posts
towards Momo and frankly, I’m heavily displeased by this, especially since
she’s one of the most well portrayed girls in the series and it’s really
heartbreaking on my end to see posts that essentially dismiss her for more
shallow reasons that don’t need to be here.
I mean to start this off, are we going to simply forget that
she came into UA on a recommendation and was a student that made even All Might
shook when asked why Iida was the winner of the exercise
or how, even though the class didn’t know her, she was still
voted to be Assistant Class President?
or how she was able to act calm and rational during the USJ
or how she still managed to get the top grade in the midterm
exams and didn’t get it to her head but actually acted BENEVOTELY and helped
her classmates who asked her for help?
or how it was HER plan that got Todoroki and her to win the exam that they were
But ya know, because of her BODY, we’re going to ignore that
right? We’re going to ignore how amazing and how smart she is simply because of
I won’t lie guys, I’ve heard people complaining about her
quirk and even saying how bad her quirk is designed when it’s like??? It
actually makes a lot of sense why it’s like that since she does create large
objects like shields, spears, A FREAKING CANON, like it makes sense for her to
need to use fat call throughout her body to be able to achieve that look.
Which brings me to talk about her costume. Oh boy, this is
the one that when I first entered the fandom, no one really said anything but
now that the series is more popular, everyone has become experts on body proportions
and quirk designs and apparently fashion design since her costume isn’t good
enough for her.
I mean look at the costume design that Horikoshi put in for
her and how he planned that all out for her
At some point, yes I understand, Horikoshi is a pervert,
sometimes his intentions aren’t the best, I get that. But consider this, even
though he had the ability to make Ochako’s and Tsuyu’s costumes completely
perverted, he chose against that. He had the perfect opportunity to indulge in
that yet he didn’t. What I love about Horikoshi is that he thinks about the practicality
of the quirks and designs the costumes based on that as well taking into
consideration the character’s personality and what they would want.
So guys, at some point, reality check moment: Momo is
comfortable with her body enough to wear a costume that she deemed necessary
for the usage of her quirk. And she chose that design for that outfit and has
not said a word about this entire series. She even had an opportunity to create
it to be more closed and she chose not to. MOMO CHOSE HER OUTFIT AND VIEWS IT
GOOD ENOUGH FOR HER HERO WORK.
In this moment too, I would like to share what even Midnight
said during Episode 34 at the very beginning.
So another reality check: The only people who are saying it’s
sexual are the people who are sexualizing her to begin with. Instead of viewing
it as more of a practical thing that is designed for her quirk (which involves utilizing
her fat cells and creating stuff through her skin), people begin to view as
sexual and are condemning her for having a revealing costume. Which, to me personally,
I find ironic since tumblr is filled with campaigns of free the nipple and the
stopping of sexualization of breasts and female anatomy, yet look what’s
happening here. People are taking her costume and saying she’s being sexualized
for choosing a design that would give her optimal openness to use her quirk.
I mean look at how she used it in the Aizawa fight
Having that navel cavity helped her out immensely during
this fight and she was able to create the alloy material in a much faster way
with having access to areas where most of her fat is stored.
Which, I also heard people commenting on how Momo’s body
doesn’t make sense and how skinny she is in comparison to her boobs (which I’ve
seen that in real life, it’s not uncommon), but if you see in this spread
She actually isn’t the skinniest person in the world. Keep
in mind that while she does use her fat cells to make stuff, she does also
consume A LOT OF FOOD TOO to keep up with the level of activity too so she does
get chubby sometimes so it’s a wrong assumption to think she has this INCRDIBLY
PERFECT BODY WITH NO FAT when she does! Which only makes it only more natural
Honestly, her entire arc in the beginning of the manga (or
at least up into this exam point) has been so powerful, so realistic, and so
amazingly well done.
I mean to consider,
very similarly to Bakugou, while we haven’t gotten much of her backstory, given
how she behaved in Season 1, we can have a somewhat assumption that she came
from a great home and was well praised for her quirk. Obviously, her quirk isn’t
one with a talent, she had to work immensely for it, but she must have been
placed into situations where she was elevated and praised for how powerful her
quirk is (like she was put in situations where she was able to be able to use
her quirk to the fullest and not have much backfired).
Even Aizawa says this during their fight
Which does imply this isn’t a constant state she’s always been in, it’s one that has been gained since the sports festival (hence why the arguments that she should be shouldn’t be self confident are wrong).
Yet, with coming to UA and being in a hero course, after
participating in the festival, well she starts to crumble and kind of doubt her
abilities against the others
Like it starts off with her not getting a high ranking on
Then she mentioned the issue with the cavalry battle later
on but definitely the heavy hitter for Momo was her fight with Tokoyami where
she was left in shambles since she wasn’t able to make much on an impact on the
fight itself (which this was amplified more in the anime than the manga itself).
Thus really bringing down her confidence. And now a lot of
people screamed about how misogynist her hero training was and how demeaning it
was which leads to 2 issues that some people forget about.
That there are multiple sides to being a hero.
It’s not always the cookie cutter “fight villains, rescue people, rinse and
repeat”. Even famous people in our society, even though their job is to
act/sing/etc, they still go out and do publicity work and that’s what they do.
It’s a part of being well known and using your abilities outside of the field
you are in.
This was all part of Momo developing. This was
just another way to bring Momo down a couple more notches. It’s a bit cruel and
hard but this was a way for Horikoshi to get her out of her mindset and be exposed to
something where her confidence could be lowered. Guaranteed if she was put into
an actual hero training internship, she wouldn’t have been lowered as much as
Which could lead the argument that
it wasn’t necessary to have any of that stuff happen to her but consider, would
she have gotten in this state if she didn’t have those things happen and accumulate?
And would she have gotten her
confidence back from Todoroki/Aizawa and execute an amazing plan without that
encouragement from those moments?
Ok this post is beginning to get
way to long so I’m going to stop here before I go on and on and on about Momo.
As much as Ochako is my best girl and I will forever sacrifice myself to her,
even I have to admit Momo is utterly amazing and I only talked about what
happened in the first 65 chapters. I didn’t even brush on how amazing she was
during the invasion of the villains or how she managed to be a huge help in the
rescue of Bakugou or even how kickass she was during the license exam (which
she helped my princess Ochako and that pleased me so much). Momo is just more
than the simple sexual object people are complaining her to be as, she’s an
incredibly smart and amazing woman and Horikoshi put so much thought into her, more
than what any of us could ever imagine. I am truly excited to see more of what
she can do in the future and I hope she gains more fans since she truly
3/100 days of productivity
Photo taken this afternoon working on my presentation for next week yet again… but I’m finishing off tonight with some painting, even though I really feel like I should finish this presentation! Sometimes you gotta get what you really feel like doing out of your system, so hopefully tomorrow I will be ready to power forward and get all this uni work done! ☺️
P.S. I need to follow more blogs, I’ll check out accounts that like/reblog this post! (This is a side blog though so any follows will be from my main blog ☺️)
Sorry if this seems random, but I'm just starting to get into Kiribaku, and I'm trying to understand the ship. I can see Kirishima caring about and supporting Bakugou, but is that really reciprocated like it needs to be for there to really be a relationship? Like, Bakugou seems to tolerate Kirishima's presence more than anything, not really enjoying it. What are your thoughts on this?
it depends, in large part, to how much you read into bakugou’s reactions to various situations and people. it’s taken as given that bakugou has never had real peers before entering ua (midoriya and their changing circumstances in relation to one another notwithstanding). so while we’ve seen bakugou with his cronies in the earlier chapters and flashbacks (the kid with the wings, the kid with the extendable fingers), ua is really the first opportunity he has to meet people he is able to recognize as equals. he has various responses to those people, initially— he feels inadequate compared to todoroki, he’s threatened by midoriya’s very existence, he responds with hostility to kaminari’s teasing and asui’s assessments. his default mode is to disregard others, or to respond to them with derision and anger. but this is just an initial matter. over time, his relationships with every single one of his classmates has changed considerably— not just in how he treats them, but in how they see him in turn. and i think that progression is exemplified by his relationship with kirishima.
to break things down a little more—
bakugou and kirishima end up together when the class is split up at usj. kirishima explicitly reachesan epiphany about bakugou here— he looks beneath the surface, and reads bakugou’s lack of concern for his classmates as confidence in their abilities. from there, he decides that he’s willing to go along with bakugou’s plan. and i think this is also where kirishima learns to read bakugou, or at least learns that how bakugou comes across and what’s actually motivating him might be quite different. this is important, because throughout the series kirishima is able to sympathize with or understand bakugou at points where other people don’t really bother to try.
during the sports festival, bakugou agrees to build a team with kirishima. this is pretty pivotal, because up until this point we’ve only ever seen bakugou react viscerally and negatively to the idea of help. of course, according to the rules of the game, he had to form a team. but kirishima is someone he knows, and who’s quirk he probably actually remembers. after usj, kirishima at least registers on bakugou’s radar. this might seem like the bare minimum of human decency, but remember that bakugou was surrounded by classmates whose names he barely knew. he knows kirishima’s name and respects his strength— a pretty pivotal distinction, coming from bakugou.
it’s made clear in the tournament portion of the sports festival that bakugou shows respect to others by giving his all when he faces them in battle. this is his side of his battle with uraraka, and why he reacts so violently when todoroki doesn’t use his full power against him. bakugou offers this same level of respect to kirishima, facing him with everything he has and developing a strategy unique to defeating him. so at this point, bakugou at the very least respect kirishima.
in between the sports festival and the training camp arc, there are a bunch of little moments that show bakugou and kirishima have kept up contact. kirishima invites bakugou along on class outings (even if bakugou doesn’t agree to go), and kirishima asks bakugou to tutor him, and deliberately asks in a way he knows bakugou won’t say no to.
this whole time, bakugou is simultaneously softening towards his classmates and building up a lot of resentment about himself and his own perceived lack of growth. he’s more natural when his classmates tease him, he and todoroki have a more amiable relationship, etc. but he’s festering with resentment and doubt this entire time, and i think that’s pivotal to reading his character.
during the training camp arc, kirisihima freaks out when he realizes bakugou is the villains’ target. he’d probably be similarly affronted if any of his other friends were threatened, given his backstory, but bakugou does seem to be someone particularly important to him. he takes his inability to protect bakugou as an indictment of his own character, to the point where he works with todoroki to engineer an illegal rescue operation.
the hideout raid/kamino ward arc is probably the defining bakushima moment in canon, up to this point, but it’s also the part of canon that best addresses your question. what does bakugou think of kirishima? he sees kirishima as an equal. as far as we know, he hasn’t given that distinction to anyone else, ever. midoriya knows bakugou won’t respond to him as an equal, and also dismisses putting yaoyorozu or iida in that role. he also doesn’t ask it of todoroki, who ostensibly has a good relationship with bakugou at this point. kirishima is explicitly called out, by the most observant character in the series (and also the character who has observed bakugou for his entire life), as the one person who has built an equal relationship with bakugou. a relationship that allows for challenges and teasing, but also camaraderie and mutual respect. this is like, pivotally important. we do not have on-the-page evidence of bakugou giving that level of respect and care to anyone else.
bakugou takes kirishima’s hand, and that’s a turning point in an arc that could have turned out very differently otherwise.
during the license exam arc, kirishima chases after bakugou (along with kaminari), and they both look specifically happy to be fighting side by side. their teamwork is old hat, by this point. they’re comfortable around each other and work well together, in various combinations of larger teams. this arc may have been the last time we’ve seen bakugou smile that triumphantly? and it’s with kirishima by his side, for what that’s worth. kirishima, kaminari and bakugou are all friends by this point, even if bakugou still isn’t particularly effusive.
and then, during the internship arc, which is specifically kirishima-focused, we see kirishima airing his own insecurities to a group of the 1a boys. (and bakugou is casually and comfortably among them! they’re in a dorm, if he was just tolerating their presence in class he could go up to his room and avoid spending any more time with them. but he doesn’t.) when kirishima voices these insecurities, bakugou gets angry not at him, but on his behalf. he tells kirishima how he views kirishima’s specific strength, and again expresses how much he respects kirishima. this is a big deal for bakugou, who has only ever reacted to others’ strength with challenge or insecurity, before. he admires kirishima’s strength without being threatened by it— not because kirishima isn’t strong enough to be a threat, but because their relationship has so many other layers and a level of comfort, at this point.
anyway, there’s probably a lot i’m forgetting, here. but the takeaway is that bakugou and kirishima’s relationship as equals and friends has been very deliberately built up and carefully tracked throughout the series. they both have important relationships outside of each other, but it’s clear that their development hinges on each other in many ways, too. bakugou has expressed care and concern over kirishima in ways he hasn’t for basically anyone else (other than all might). he cares about how kirishima views himself, because he has deigned to see kirishima as an equal. and that’s pretty significant.
because bakugou doesn’t respond typically to people, it can be hard to read his reactions for what they are. but the series is deliberate and careful about how bakugou categorizes people and what they mean to him. his own emotional language is consistent, if not particularly typical. so through that lense, kirishima’s importance to him is stated pretty clearly. even if he doesn’t show affection or care in the same way as other people, he still expresses those emotions. and kirishima has been set up as a character who knows how read bakugou’s reactions and expressions of emotion.
it’s easy enough, from there, to bridge the gaps and see bakugou’s feelings however you wish. but he definitely doesn’t just tolerate kirishima. it’s a relationship meant to specifically illustrate how differently bakugou is able to see and treat people now that he’s changed as much as he has.
🗣 OUR 🗣 BOY 🗣 KENTA 🗣 IS 🗣 FINALLY 🗣 DEBUTING 🗣 ON 🗣 SEPTEMBER 🗣 10TH 🗣
😫✍️👅🚫💯📢😎👏☠️😜💸 MARK YOUR CALENDARS RIGHT NOW ✍️📅💦 SET UP REMINDERS 📣📝⛔️ A COUNTDOWN 🗓💯⏰ AND EVERYTHING YOU CAN TO REMIND YOU THAT ⚠️📛 SEPTEMBER 10TH ❗️📌 IS REALLY IMPORTANT 💢❗️ WE ARE POPPING CHAMPAGNE ON THIS FINE WEDNESDAY LADIES AND GENTLEMEN 📣🍾❗️👀✔️🤧🚫😫🙌🗓✍️💎📝🍸
After being in the astro community for quite a while now, I’ve noticed a number of different ways that people make mistakes and assumptions. I’m very passionate about the way that astrology is received by the world, and I want it to be a practice that is RESPECTED and possibly even accepted by everyone (eventually). Here are some ways that astro blogs tend to invalidate astrology.
*DISCLAIMER* - I am not targeting any specific people. I’m a Virgo moon, and I only want people to become better astrologers and improve the way astrology is used on this website. And I also want everyone to think more before they post! I’m a naturally critical person and want to fix things, but I don’t want anyone to take personal offense to it (my Libra mars wouldn’t like that!).
- Using sun sign alone. People rely heavily on sun-sign ONLY astrology. Why do people insist on only talking about sun signs? This is just one slice of someone’s personality - there is a whole chart that needs to be looked at, showing that each person has many other qualities other than the ones expressed by their sun. This is not real astrology, and never has been. This is the astrology created by popular media. Most people will not relate to their sun sign in posts anyway unless the post is about their ego, central identity, and general personality. Most astro bloggers make posts that are not about those things, yet they still insist on writing using sun sign instead of another planet that would be much more accurate. Before you write, think about which planet it would REALLY apply to. Please read my post here for a more detailed explanation of this.
- Forgetting your audience. When reading posts, most people ASSUME that the sun sign is the placement the post would apply to. For example, if the post says “Aquarius in love”, 99% of people (especially newcomers to astrology) try to relate it to Aquarius sun - when in fact, this would need to relate to Aquarius venus since venus is the planet of love. Aquarius suns would not have the qualities that this post describes, unless they have an Aquarius venus as well. Even some highly respectable blogs do this - they forget their audience. They don’t realize that most people don’t understand the way the planets work. I see this most often with sun sign posts, but it could also be true for others. Like, there could be a post about the moon signs that really would actually relate more to mercury. The idea is, remember that people don’t know right off the bat which placement the post would apply to. Help them out! Less people will write off your posts as inaccurate if you do this anyway.
- Including the 13th sign Ophiuchus. Just, no. Please don’t. This was a hoax created by NASA to try to prove astrology false. Astrology isn’t based on the constellations anyway, so there is no 13th sign. It’s based on the sections of the sky - they just happen to be named after certain constellations. The signs haven’t shifted. Read my post here about this for more information.
- Generalizing the signs. “Geminis are talkative and full of gossip!!!” “Cancers are soooo emotional and cry all the time!!!” “Leos want to hog the spotlight 24/7!!!!” Honestly, generalizing only leads to people getting upset. Not to mention the fact that it’s completely inaccurate. Most Geminis are not gossipy, most Cancers are not crybabies, and most Leos are not attention hogs. This could even happen with other planet placements (like moon signs or rising signs), I just happen to see it mostly with sun signs. These kind of posts are made by the same people who tend to only write about sun sign away. Read a real description of the sun signs (I recommend cafeastrology.com), or don’t say anything at all. The signs are complex, and can’t be labeled. Also, people don’t realize that all placements and signs can be either introverted or extroverted. They assume that the air/fire signs are extroverted and the earth/water signs are introverted. Sun signs cannot be limited to one personality type - not to mention the fact that the expression of introversion vs. extroversion is actually shown by the rising sign because that is the “shell” that the world sees. See my post here about how the rising signs can be both introverted and extroverted.
- Grouping the signs into categories. I’m sure everyone reading this has seen a post where half of the signs will be in one category and half of the signs will be in another. This isn’t accurate astrology. Signs cannot be grouped or limited - they are unique, and have 12 individual forms of expression. Limiting them to two or three categories makes astrology simple and trite, when in fact it is extremely complex (but fascinating). It’d be one thing if they grouped them by element (earth, air, water, fire), modality (cardinal, mutable, fixed), but most don’t even do that. It’s literally random most of the time. If you’re going to group the signs, at least offer an explanation why you put each sign in each category.
- Dismissing signs or placements as simply compatible or incompatible. Let’s be real here - each sign has the potential to be compatible with ANY sign. Also, compatibility should focus more on moon or venus sign as opposed to sun sign. Sun sign compatibility just determines the kind of general energy that would surround the relationship. Compatibility is complex. Instead of saying whether or not two people are compatible, say WHY. Show, for example, how their moon signs are different elements, how their venus signs are sextile, and how their rising signs are sister signs. Show how one person’s moon sign is the same sign as the other person’s sun sign. Compatibility is really about connections, anyway. Read my post here for more information.
- Basing astrology just on people you know. Not all Scorpios are energetic just because your best friend is. The reality is, your friend is a Sagittarius rising with an Aries mars. This has nothing to do with her being a Scorpio. When you make posts basing the information solely on one or two people you know, this is spreading false information. This could mean that readers would then assume in the future that all Scorpios are energetic just from reading your post. I hate to break it to you, but a lot of people believe everything they read. Especially if they’re beginners to astrology. Please do your best not to influence them to make assumptions.
- Posting without knowledge. You’d be surprised how much this one comes up. If you don’t know a lot about Taurus moons, don’t make a post about them. Simple as that. Play to your strengths to avoid spreading false information. Again, people believe everything they read more often than you think.
- Giving astrology a bad name. Astrology is fun. If you’re reading this, you probably would agree with me. But, there’s a difference between “fun” astrology that is accurate and “fun” astrology that just makes astrology a complete joke. “The signs as types of peanut butter” doesn’t improve people’s knowledge at all. I mean, sure, you could say it’s funny, but it really isn’t. It’s just pointless, and only serves to make readers think that astrology is a joke. Most people who make these don’t consider that people look at them and assume that that’s all astrology is. Every post you make is influencing people’s perception of the subject. Again, at least offer an explanation for WHY an Aries would sleep with five pillows if you’re really going to make a post about the number of pillows the signs sleep with. Chances are, you don’t have one anyway. Sure, you can say all you want that I’m “taking the fun out of it!!!!” or something. But I’m really not. I just want astrology to be perceived as something that really works, not something people make fun of. I’m sick of people laughing at astrology for the wrong reasons - and joke posts are not helping. You can make astrology accurate AND funny. Here’s an example of a post I made about the venus signs that people found amusing, yet also related to at the same time.
Friendly reminder that Voltron: Legendary Defender is a family friendly show about 5 friends who get together to form a robot that saves the universe and everyone in Team Voltron loves and respects one another.
Let’s please enjoy VLD for the amazing storyline, themes and characters it brings us, regardless of the ships we ship or don’t.
Miscellaneous Clark Kent headcanons as relate to my little fic universe, that may or may not ever come up because who knows:
Little Clark was really susceptible to childhood superstitions for some reason. He didn’t go under ladders, he did the salt over the shoulder thing, he did not fuck with that Bloody Mary shit like NOPE I’M OUT THIS SLUMBER PARTY IS CANCELED, LANA GET OUT OF MY HOUSE AND TAKE YOUR MURDER GHOSTS WITH YOU. He believes that he is over this as an adult but whenever his foot is about to fall on a crack in the sidewalk it actually stops like a half inch above the ground and hovers there. He does not notice he is doing this. No one notices, ever, because it is the weirdest subtle unconscious thing in the world. At least Martha’s back is safe?
I covered the picky eater thing in Christmas in Kansas but to be more specific his tastebuds are just really sensitive to certain chemical compounds? Not just in terms of things he won’t eat but also in terms of things that he expects to be there and he doesn’t really like foods that lack those things. Your two options to make him eat anything are to cover it in sugar, or cover it in garlic.
He goes through a lot of breathmints. Can you imagine if Superman saved someone and they were like “man i appreciate being alive but he had some really bad garlic breath”? He would be so horrified.
He has a ratty, fucked-up old shirt that he wears whenever he is making pasta with red sauce. Even Superman cannot stand against the ability of red sauce to end up on whatever you happen to be wearing. HE WAS SO CAREFUL THIS TIME, HOW DID A STAIN END UP ON HIS BACK THAT JUST MAKES NO SENSE. Clark Kent’s weaknesses: kryptonite, tomato stains.
His ability to perfectly imitate anyone’s voice was one of the first things to manifest themselves, but this wasn’t the kind of thing anyone noticed was weird. It definitely didn’t seem like a power. He was just a small child who could do a really good Kermit the Frog. He sang Rainbow Connection at a middle school talent show and all the moms cried.
He definitely has a playlist to cheer himself up and get pumped and it has Eye of the Tiger and You’re the Best on it. Probably also half the Top Gun soundtrack.
Clark Kent’s twitter is pretty standard snarky newsman except with more farming memes. No one can tell how ironic the farming memes are. They might not be ironic at all. Clark Kent might be really sincere, or he might just be so ironic that he has circled back around into sincerity. No one knows. He’s also really good at that thing where you retweet two things from a person that side-by-side reveal they are a dingus. I don’t know if there’s a word for that.
His Snapchat is all dogspotting, with occasional rare dance breaks. He’s a pretty good dancer since he found those YouTube tutorials. He does this thing with his hips that Lois finds deeply upsetting for reasons she cannot articulate.
Jimmy asked Clark how he got so fit once and Clark was like “uh, farming. farm. eyup.” But he kept pressing for deets and Clark ended up just telling him that he’d pulled a Milo of Croton??? He lifted a newborn calf over his head and then just did that every single day until he was lifting a cow over his head. Jimmy knows nothing about farming or cows or physical fitness and this seemed plausible enough to him.
He has a blog where he posts rejected articles and it is the wonkiest thing in the entire world because that is why they got rejected. Perry takes one look at these articles and is like “it will take more words than I want to pay you for just to explain the setup for this article and also there are five people total who care, in the world, including you”
He has to be really careful when he buys clothes because he needs to make sure that they aren’t too tight and he has full range of motion. He does not want to relive The Skinny Jeans Incident. Shirts that say ‘I flexed and the sleeves fell off’ are only funny until it happens to you, then they are just horrible reminders. Popped seams everywhere. There is no way to explain that without looking like a huge tool.
Even when Superman has a really shitty day he keeps it together until he gets home, but then he shuts the balcony door and peels off his costume and Clark does the Tina Belcher groan for like ten minutes while he takes a shower because he got covered in sewer mutant or space crab or god knows and UUUUUUUUUUGH. Fortunately the nice older lady in the apartment next door always seems to know when he has had a shitty day and she brings him pie.
She can hear his melodramatic bullshit from over at her place, that’s how she knows. They share a bathroom wall and it practically echoes. If she times it right he will answer the door before he has put a shirt on because he doesn’t want to leave her waiting in the hall. She does not know what his day job is and it definitely does not occur to her that he is Superman because her primary interaction with him is that he acts like a whiny bitch and she brings him pie so she can ogle him. She is a simple woman who enjoys life’s simple pleasures.
The Kryptonian language is really complicated in terms of tonality, context, word order, musicality, etc, and the written language reflects that. Things like the order things are in, how things overlap, colors, etc, are all important. So basically I really like the idea of his symbol being one that represents his family name and says that he is of the House of El. It’s really just basically his last name.
If Starfleet gets to have replicators then Krypton gets to have replicators and Jor-El definitely stuck one in the ship so his son would have, you know, food and clothing. But only Kryptonians can use their tech because they’re who the neural interface is designed for so whoops they got real lucky that Kryptonian babies love milk from Earth goats. Clark only started using the replicator later but it only knows how to make Kryptonian things and only some of those are useful to him.
Okay so here is where I tie those last two bullet points into something fucking dumb that you will take out of my cold dead hands: Clark got the costume out of the replicator. It didn’t necessarily understand what he wanted though? Like, the concept of a costume didn’t really translate, but it got the idea that he wanted an active uniform, so that is what it made. It’s brightly colored and has his last name on the front. Clark is wearing a Kryptonian football jersey is what I’m getting at. Later Kara will be VERY confused by this. Imagine ending up on an alien planet and meeting your cousin and he’s been fighting crime dressed like a quarterback.
Most telepathy does not work because different neural patterns. Diana can only manage it if she uses her lariat and even then it’s like trying to lasso a freight train that does not stop. It’s extremely disorienting. J'onn has just accepted that Superman can hear him but he’s not going to get anything back. It’s like the psychic equivalent of a dial tone for him. He’s trying to call his bro but their family has dialup. He tries not to fuck with it because he doesn’t want to poke around in Superman’s head blind and break something.
Clark can’t type with super speed because he’ll break the keyboard and the computer can’t keep up. Instead he uses shorthand along with a custom set of AutoHotKey macros and it is honestly infuriating how fast he can get things written with this setup. But also if he doesn’t have AutoHotKey on whatever he’s typing with then sometimes Lois will get an email like: ll] dyk f pw mde a dec wrt t $l stry? ]ck
A woman was told by her therapist to try talking to at least one person once a week but she decided to cheat by just talking to her empty apartment under the guise of telling Superman about her day because lol he can hear everything allegedly so this definitely counts and is what the doctor was going for with this. When she has to go to the hospital for a medical emergency she comes home and there is a note on her counter wherein Superman explains that he was worried because he hadn’t heard from her in a while, so he swung by to check on her. When he found out what happened he watered her plants and fed her goldfish and also that cat that he thought might be hers (she does not have a cat). She is completely mortified because she was just being full of shit she did not actually believe he could hear her oh god what all did she even say and whose cat is this???
Look if you are in Metropolis and you loudly say HEY SUPERMAN there is a very good chance he will hear it even if he doesn’t mean to. He is not trying to eavesdrop, that’s just what happens when you yell someone’s name in earshot.
He doesn’t wear the costume under his clothes because you may have noticed a running theme here where the universe is conspiring to ruin his clothes and leave him running around shirtless all the time. I mean thank god for the rest of us but he would rather not risk someone spilling their drink all over him somehow and suddenly his shirt is transparent and you can see the big S. It’s bad enough when it happens under ordinary circumstances. How often can one man get drinks spilled all over him? You would be shocked. Shocked. His eyes are up here, Lois.