Here’s some ideas I came up with:
- LIGHTS…. buy old lights like lava lamps, like the picture above, galaxy lights, disco balls and such and put them all over your room. These are actually really cool looking. I just put a lava lamp in my room and I think it would be awesome to have them all over.
- Fill glass bottles with colored water, sand, or whatever you come up with. For colored water simply add food coloring and mix in water. You can add glitter or confetti if you want. Colored water with cotton/stuffing and glitter creates a space galaxy effect (let me know if anyone would like me to post a tutorial for any of this)
- CANDLES…. candles are fairly cheap and look really cool when you have them all over (especially when lit) I have a bunch of candles in my room all in the color scheme I have going on. Most of them are lemonade scented (mixed with something else) and they mix well together.
- HEADBOARD… my headboard was looking a little dull recently so i took a scarf I never wore and wove it into the grooves of my headboard. It actually looks really cool. I put errands I never wear or ones that have missing pairs on the scarf so it looks even coolor (I simply poked them into the fabric so that the ends couldn’t be seen)
- Photographs… I have pictures all over my room. I have them on the mirror (you can use tape or just slide them between the mirror and the frame if possible) I get pictures from my social networking sites and print them at walmart. Buy a bunch of cool frames and fill them with pictures of friends and family.