my adhd is wishing so so badly that i can do great things and accomplish my dreams, but i Just Simply Can’t™,because first i have to play stimulating games for 5 hours, pick my skin while daydreaming for one hour, and then take a long pointless nap because all that hyperfocusing on nothing wore me out
my adhd is wanting to read that book but i’ve already lost interest by the time i flipped to page 1. i haven’t read a single word of it yet but i already want to sidetrack. i come back to the book maybe 6 months later and i somehow magically read the entire thing in one sitting. i think “why can’t i be able to do that every day? if this is what it’s like to be neurotypical then sign me the fuck up”
my adhd is constantly wanting to write, but i have to be in a special state of mind and my mind has to NOT be craving short bursts of mindless stimulation. i can’t control my mind. i try so hard to get in the special state of mind, but it only comes maybe once an entire month if i’m lucky. i envy neurotypicals who constantly are motivated and pump out new work every day. it must be hella wicked and magical to not have adhd.
Since I’m now on day 15/30 for the 30 day summer study challenge, I thought I’d make a list of 15 self-care things to do that (mostly) don’t cost money!
1. Take a cool shower. Not hot. Not cold. Cool. (Summer specific)
2. Put on relaxing music
3. Take a bath, complete with candles
4. Use lavender/ other calming scented lotions after a bath/shower
5. Read a book you haven’t already read
6. If it’s a good temperature outside, go for a walk/hike. (Night walks are fun too! And it’s cooler then)
7. Drink water (you probably need it)
8. Play with your pets!
10. Bake something, then eat it
11. Spend some time with your family (if you get along with them)
12. Talk to a friend
14. Sleep (you probably need this, too. Don’t stay up too late!
15. Have a cup of tea (herbal tea is great for relaxation since there is no caffeine )
I can’t believe yet that at jibcon I saw a jm2 op where one girl showed them ‘’the treesome handbook’’, and jared suddenly took the book from her hand and said: I’ve already read it! LOL he was really enthusiastic about the whole thing, like a 5 years old :’D… meanwhile jensen and misha were trying to stay serious but failed, they kept to smiling and giggling at each other all the time, jensen smirk at misha and then he turned away, he was trying to avoid the book’s argument…while jared was literally freaking out about it…. was pretty gross seriously. then the photo was taken and jared goes with his “omg I love it’’ face” jensen with his “wtf I’m reading’’ face and misha just looked away, was really awkward LOL