- Zack: Why do you have a Chinese last name?
- Trini: Why don't you?
- Zack: I do. It's Tang. My parents Americanized their names when they immigrated. Your turn.
- Zack: (rolls his eyes) I mean, if you want. I respect your privacy blah blah blah.
- Trini: Trinidad Mercedes Quiñones de Lupo y Kwan. Quiñones is my actual last name. Kwan is my mom's Vietnamese stepdad's last name. But because of Spanish naming conventions, it gets tacked on to mine last, and that's how it is on my school file now.
- Trini: (grabs Kimberly who's passing through the hall; to Zack) You gonna ask this gringa why she's got a white name?
- Kimberly: My last name's Hart because my dad's white. But I'm not a gringa. My mom's Indian.
- Trini: In my defense, I've only seen her once. Thought she was Italian.
- Kimberly: She wears a bindi.
- Trini: So does Ariana Grande.
- Zack: (grabs Billy) Hey, bro, we're asking everybody why they have the surnames they do.
- Billy: (matter-of-factly) Slavery.
- Zack: Awesome. (grabs Jason) Dude, we're having an awkward conversation about our last names. You white as you sound?
- Jason: Yes. All my ancestors were Scotsmen who came to Angel Grove during the Gold Rush, and before that they were all probably Pilgrims or something.
How did you and chey meet?