The Dream Bear
This is a spell designed to give you more dreams and more meaningful dreams! It’s one of the more complicated crafts I’ve done lately, but it has been so worth it. I’ve done this a few times and have fine-tuned the recipe, so hopefully it works well for you! (And as always, substitutions can be made if need be. One of the reasons there’s so much stuff in it is because I just attract herbs that are good for this type of spell, apparently.)
What You Need:
- Representations of the four elements (or another way of consecrating things. I use the elements but you do you.)
- A stuffed animal that you’re comfortable sleeping with, even better if it has a hole already forming somewhere
- Needle and blue thread
- A small drawstring bag. Blue is optimal
- A blue candle (if you want a larger emphasis on prophetic dreams, replace with or add a purple candle!)
- A small piece of amethyst or amethyst chips (Amethyst particularly resonates with me and is also good for divination. It also is a general power enhancer.)
- A small piece of red jasper (For vivid dream recall.)
- Rosemary (for dream recall)
- Chamomile (sleep aid, prophetic dreams)
- Hops (to enhance sleep magic)
- Mugwort (for prophetic dreams)
- Bay leaf (for prophetic dreams)
- Lavender (sleep aid, dreams)
- Coltsfoot (nightmare ward, dreams)
- A sigil of your intent
Best performed during a full moon on a Monday.
What You Do:
- Design your sigil beforehand to save time, if you wish.
- Perform your ritual spell starters, be that casting a circle, grounding/centering, calling upon deities, whatever. I like to ring a bell to mark the beginning and end of a ritual and focus my mind onto the sound If you’re working with the elements, this is the time to call upon them.
- Light the blue candle.
- Bless/ consecrate your stuffed animal, priming it for instruction. Let it rest as you continue onto the next step.
- Fill the pouch with each of the ingredients, stating what each one is for and what it will be adding to the mix. “This is rosemary. It will aid me in remembering my dreams.”
- Draw the sigil onto the bay leaf as you add it, or draw the sigil on a piece of paper, fold it, and add it to the bag.
- Pull the bag shut, give it a little shakey-shake. Say a little prayer, poem, or chant if you desire.
- Take your stuffed animal, and open up a hole in its back. Move the stuffing around and put the bag inside. I like to place it where its “center” would be if it was a living thing. If your animal already has a hole elsewhere and you would prefer to use that, I feel that should be fine. I think keeping it close to the “heart” is nice though.
- Sew the hole shut with the blue thread.
- Consecrate the stuffed animal one last time, explaining its purpose to bring you prophetic dreams (or whatever variation!) and that magic will flow through the entire animal. It is now ready.
- Close down the ritual and clean up as usual.
- Sleep holding the animal (the closer to your torso the better, I’ve found) to encourage more dreams and more prophetic dreams!