Reasons Why I am Probably a Changeling
- I have a strange name and no one seems to know where it came from. My parents have no idea where they heard it only that they loved the name. They get vague and just weird when I talk about it.
- when I was little, I talked to flowers for hours. Literally HOURS
- when I found out my mom was pregnant, I woke up that night crying to my parents, completely convinced the baby was a boy while I wanted a sister. I forgot about this until much later when playing with my little brother
- I gave a ritualistic funeral to a dead imagined person, complete with circles of salt as a kid.
- I didn’t know that salt rings were a thing (my family is religious and I couldn’t watch/read anything with odd things like that until I was older) but I convinced my cousin to pretend we were protecting ourselves from goblins/ghosts/monsters by hiding in circles of rock salt
- wearing wool gloves or hats makes my skin crawl. It feels like pins and needles, but only where the wool is. Still don’t understand that.
- was convinced for years that I could make things happen by specifically NOT thinking about that thing. (And?? It usually worked???) For example, what I wanted for dinner, what TV show I wanted to come on, what my brother was thinking, etc..
- I have zero fear of heights. Like, it’s a problem
-can climb a tree like no one’s business
- unusual dumpster diving luck? Found juggling knives, large watches, love letters…
- mood swings like woah
- was super thirsty so I thought super hard at the back of a friend’s head until they turned around and announced they’d by us water
- probably asexual, I am realizing
-books are my home
- when I was a baby, I talked/sang way too early and the doctors wouldn’t believe I could say as many words as my parents said I could.
- I in all seriousness once asked a cat to touch her paw to my nose if she could understand me. She did cause she’s chill like that.
- made wishes on dandelions that came true.
- in my head, numbers have personalities and relationships with each other. (I could expand on this but that’ll take too long here)
- I am pretty much never surprised when someone tells me a secret. Like, I didn’t know what they were going to say, but… I kinda already knew. Which generally freaks people out because they think they’re being too obvious or whatever.
- Dreams happen when I wake up. (dreamed about maggots and woke up to find them trashing our kitchen, etc.)
- And I’m a writer so… that just seals the deal, don't it?
Ehem. So yes. Clearly, I am a creature of the fae.
Or maybe I'm just crazy.
What about you, hmm?