hi!!! can u give me/us some more details about the boy's house because i feel like we don't get much from isak's pov lol we know the kitchen the living room and even's house but i'm really interested to know just how big/how much more there is in the house! thank you and i love you!
fun facts about the acar/bech næsheim/bakkoush household that isak never ever mentions because he’s either 1) too preoccupied having sex or two) does not know things because he was in that house a total of two times for a year probably before he actually got along with even or three) never had a chance to use/be in that room and so never brings it up in his internal monologue and it’s so sad bc i’ve spent so much time like, designing it in my head lmao
yay for limited pov!
that said, for you curious souls:
- the living room everyone is using throughout the story, the one that is directly to the right of the entrance, is not their actual TV room. this is their “formal” living room. they set up a television in there because the TV in their actual TV room died on them, and none of them have a) the money to replace it and b) the energy to remove it and deal with all the wirings and shit, so they just brought elias’s old tv that he kept in his closet and set it up there until they can replace the one in their supply room. yousef’s uncle has come over and seen this and his poor house-decorating heart almost gave out, and he offered to replace their TV so long as they got rid of the TV in the formal living room, but they were like, nah, we’ll do it on our own, you’re already renting us your house at a good deal like wtf.
- the “real” tv room is toward the back end of the house, in front of the kitchen
- to the left of the entrance you, nestled deeper into a small hallway, you have elias’s bedroom! yes, elias’s room has been downstairs the entire time, and right beside the entrance, so the pretty big window looking out to the porch/driveway outside belongs to elias. it’s the master bedroom, which means he’s got the biggest room, closet, and bathroom, and though he insisted yousef should have it since it was his uncle giving them a deal, yousef admitted that he and even were terrified of being the first ones murdered if an assailant every came into the house, and elias called them ridiculous and stupid but took the room anyway. n*ce cheers for elias
- they have a covered porch both in their front yard and in their backyard
- they have a pool. yes,,, before you ask,, isak and even will eventually make out in it, calm down people i know the power this pool gives me
- they also have a balcony. i know, i know, more power. isak is literally the worst at mentioning anything, but, you know, he doesn’t spend time thinking about their house structure, other than “it’s a big house”. the balcony faces their large backyard.
- there are two guest bathrooms: one downstairs, that’s only a half bathroom, and one upstairs, that is a full bathroom w/ a tub
- elias has a small office for himself downstairs; this is because he’s actually the sole editor for a small company trying to make it big on youtube — on-camera hosts that speak both norwegian and english to accommodate to larger audience — and they’re doing well enough so that elias sometimes has to take the job home, and he’s getting paid just as well as yousef and even are (well, even’s income fluctuates, and sometimes he does make less than elias, but it depends on the season)
- the house actually comes with four bedrooms — they’ve turned the fourth one into a “supply room”, where all three of their boys stuff the things they can’t fit in their room. it’s tight and messy and for the most part remains unvisited lmao
- yousef and even’s rooms are upstairs. yousef’s is in the front end of the house while even’s is in the back end
- all three of them have a private bathroom, but only elias has a walk-in closet. yousef and even have a double-door shelved closet
- they have a built-in bookshelf upstairs, right beside the balcony doors and in front of even’s room. there are more knick-knacks than books in there, though, which yousef’s uncle also despairs of. for his sake, the boys contributed a couple of their books, such as “how children succeed”, “the art of seeing”, “the lion, the witch and the wardrobe”, “harry potter and the order of the phoenix”, and “cut by cut”.
- despite isak always making it sound kinda dreary and dark (idek why???) the house is actually very bright and happy; the living room/dining room/entrance walls are a nice cream color, while the not-working TV room and the kitchen are a nice, cool brown. they have light hard-wood floors and their door/cabinets/panels are all white and they have a LOT of lights so the house never looks sad, just when the lights are off or what elias likes to call “the mood lighting” is on. yousef’s uncle, the designer and owner, is just a happy dude. he ain’t going around making depressing-ass houses.
- the living room is open to the upstairs, so it’s got a high ceiling and very high windows and lights — which is why the boys slack off sometimes changing the bulbs that go out, because it’s ridiculously high and they’d need a very long ladder
- the stairs aren’t straight up, they’re straight up then take a sharp turn to the right. the steps and the railings are also made up of the light hardwood that the floors are made of while the front of the steps and the banisters are painted white
i’ve sketched it out already, to use as reference (even though i hardly need it thanks to isak lol but it’s good to picture it anyway) but eventually i will clean it up and post it for you guys, i love you!!!