“A difficult smile to resist, eh, Hercule?” “Yes, indeed. Oh! If you think that the young lady and not the case attracted me, you do me a wrong, Claude.” “Yet, you still wear the trinket she gave you.”
So there have been a couple of posts about Sportacus’s book… closet (that is not a shelf) and a few of them have some decent resolution and I just have to say that Sportacus’s reading selection is… pretty specific? We’re talking like picaresque novels, bildungsromans, themes about murder, revolution, revenge, and redemption, heroes fighting against insurmountable forces, disadvantaged young/youthful heroes being shunned by society and striving to get any kind of tiny moral victory, children being the center focus of very dark situations… Kudos to the people who put that kind of thought into what he’s reading but now I can’t ever look at Sport the same way. I don’t want to make too specific a statement about his reading list because I haven’t identified most of the books and read even fewer, but. Dude. DARK.
edit- I forgot a major theme to many of these books: SLAVERY. He even has a book (The Weeping Wood) about the history of rubber production and the exploited Indian slaves!
hi do you know any books set in like a fairytale/fantasy world with like lesbian princesses or f/f relationships?? I need more sapphic books lmao
hello! hi! YOU BET I DO
there are unfortunately not nearly enough lesbian princess books (me and @wordmage-girl tried to get a wlw royalty list going here and it didn’t get very far) but here’s what i got for wlw in fairytales and fantasy:
headcanon that eddie steals all of richie's big hoodies and the losers club starts to notice.. <3
• the first time Eddie wears one of Richie’s sweatshirts it isn’t because he stole it. They were all hanging out and it got colder than Eddie had expected and the nerd didn’t even bring a jacket. He didn’t want to say anything but Richie noticed his shivering so he took of his sweatshirt and shoved it into his chest
• Richie is basically a human heater so he doesn’t miss the sweatshirt and he loves how cute Eddie looks with the sleeves rolled up
• Eddie loves the warmth and how it smells like Richie
• cue Eddie stealing Richie’s sweaters constantly. Every time he goes home from a sleepover he has a new one to add to his collection, they’re practically a staple of his wardrobe now
• at first some of the losers think he’s just buying sweatshirts that are way too big for him but then more questions start to arise
• Bill is pretty sure that he’s seen Richie wear that one before and he feels a bit hurt because he remembered the one time he tried to borrow it Richie refused because he said it was his favorite, but when Bill sees the look that Richie has when Eddie shows up to school in it he forgives the heart-eyed trashmouth
• Ben didn’t really think that Eddie was a huge AC/DC fan and when he asked Eddie about the sweatshirt with the bands logo on it in the library while they studied with the other losers his embarrassed face confirmed his suspicions. “I like some of their songs.” He mumbled with red cheeks. It wasn’t a lie, he loved the ones that Richie put on the mixtapes he made for him.
• One day Eddie did wear a sweatshirt that looked more like his size but Stan knew better. He recognized the sweatshirt as one that Richie had worn one fall almost every day when they were younger before Richie had hit his growth spurt
• “Is that Richie’s sweatshirt?” Mike was a lot more blunt about it. He had asked while they were waiting for the others to grab snacks as they found seats in the theater. Eddie blushed and nodded as they sat down, saving the last seat in the row for Richie.
• Beverly had found the full drawer of Richie’s sweatshirts in Eddie’s dresser during a group study session. “Richie do you even have any sweatshirts left at your house?” Richie didn’t even look up from his comic book to comment. “Why would I need to, I get dressed here most of the time.” Eddies face was the reddest it had ever been.
I JUST FINISHED THE WATCHMAKER OF FILIGREE STREET AND I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO READ NEXT. CAN YOU RECOMMEND ME SOMETHING OF THE SAME CALIBER?
THE BEDLAM STACKS, ALSO BY NATASHA PULLEY, HAHA
I’m deadly serious – I loved The Bedlam Stacks even MORE than Watchmaker, if that’s possible. the same ‘here’s a weird, random period of history’ setting, the same ‘here are some really niche things you know nothing slash don’t care about’ plot, the same ‘here’s the quietest, sneakiest love story you’ve ever not noticed creeping up on you’ romance. but with more ADVENTURING. and PERIL. and a CAMEO from a certain CLAIRVOYANT, eh eh eh
-They weren’t really spoiling all that much, most of the bombshells in the ads were dropped pretty early.
-Moon really had to become a hard boiled egg now, didn’t she?
-Eclipsa is adorkable.
-Toffee losing his finger was a bit anti climactic
-River was a cinnamon roll.
-Ludo’s got a semi gollum thing goin’ on
-OH GOD!! GLOSYRICK IS DEAD!!
-THE BOOK IS GONE!! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK! FUCK!
-poor rivers trying to distract himself.
-Marco just wanted to give star a memory of home away from home, poor guy
-Mewni needs wider roads… I guess
-OH hi Ludo, you book burning puppet piece of s***! How are you doing!? Taking over the kingdom with rats and a hand!? That’s… nice!
-Uncle Buff Frog!
-Down the rabbit hole some more with the monsters being an allegory for prejudice! (This is why I f***ing love this show)
-Ludo got rid of the family photos! Y u do that!?
-Metal gear marco
-RIVER IS GONE! Oh god please don’t be dead!!
-Starco reunited! New fave hug!
-Marco x barrette
-Star is inside Ludo…
-Giant Goopy Toffee!!
-well toffee’s back!
-oh shit, star might be dead!?
-toffee got his body back! After growing all over ludo… ew
-moon is fucking destroyed, and Marco punched a hole in toffee.
-new wAnd and butterfly form for star! This time with more gold and horns
-the eagles are here with everyone!
-goopy toffee irl is kinda creepy… and might be dead… well that’s unfortunate
-back to the void with ludu, this time with concent!
-O shit, eclipsa
-new song and sequance. It’s nice, it has a sunset.