FIRST PIC ayyyyyy Altean!Lance and Galra!Keith are by far my fav thing in this fandom!! I decided to finally sit down and finish this pic, it’s been sitting in my folder for almost a month. Also, I’m still workin on those outfit asks… just wanted to get some finished work up :3C
FIFTY THINGS BABY HARRY DEFINITELY GOT TO EXPERIENCE
1. falling asleep with his dad on the sofa
2. pulling on the cat’s tail and cackling madly
3. falling asleep in his mum’s arms
4. waking up with two parents cooing over him
5. being lulled by his dad’s voice–singing terribly, but he didn’t care
6. watching his mum and dad dance around the living room
7. and then his dad scooping him up off the floor and the three of them dancing around the living room
8. being sick and spending four solid days in his parents’ arms–them cooing and sushing and rubbing his back until he felt better
9. having as much cake as he wanted on his birthday
10. both his parents sneaking his biscuits when the other wasn’t looking
11. his dad talking to him as if he was already his best mate in the world
12. those amazing lights from his dad’s wand
13. his mum levitating him in the air for fun
14. memorizing his mum’s twenty kinds of laughs
15. falling asleep nestled in-between his parents on the sofa/in bed
16. sleeping snuggled with his toy broomstick in his cot b/c he couldn’t bear to let it go and his parents didn’t want to tell him no
17. the funny lady who came over and brought him biscuits
18. carving a pumpkin with his parents and smashing goo all over the floor
19. crying when the goo got in his eyes
20. laughing when his mum vanished it and chasing after the cat
21. trying to ride the cat
22. knowing if he cried his mum or dad would come make it right
23. playing peek-a-boo beneath his dad’s invisbility cloak
24. learning “sssshhhhh” when he and his mum were hiding underneath the cloak from dada
25. conspiratorial whispers/secrets
26. his mum blowing raspberries on his tummy/cheeks/feet/legs
27. grabbing his dad’s glasses and holding them victoriously in his chubby little hands as he promptly puts them in his mouth
28. and then his dad puts them on, slobbery and all, deliberately upside down to make him giggle
29. his dad telling he and his mum wizarding stories from the animated pop up book
30. his mum telling he and his dad muggle stories from the book with shiny edges
31. warm nights spent on the sofa by the fire eating popcorn (which wasn't always realized as a chocking hazard so he was probably given some)
32. little baby belches after tiny sips of butterbeer from uncle pafoo
33. being mesmerized by the golden snitch his mum charmed to float above his bed
34. chasing after the quaffle–that was bigger than him–around the living room floor while dada chased him on all fours
35. falling asleep snuggled next to the kiddy
36. sneaking out with his dad under the invisibility cloak–with silencing charms, of course–and taking walks around the neighborhood
37. lying out in the back garden–which had a tall fence around the perimeter–and digging in the dirt while his mum and dad worked in the garden
38. picnics on the grass in said garden
39. hearing he was loved and how special he was and how wonderful he was every day for the first year and three months of his life
40. learning his mum’s twenty kinds of kisses and hugs
41. playing quaffle with dada and uncles padfoot and remus and peter–in which he was the quaffle
42. playing with his dad’s mirror until uncle padfoot’s face showed up
43. almost choking on his mum’s wizarding chess set
44. a first christmas he didn’t even understand because he was so young, but the house was sparkly and he liked the lights and the music and he learned to crawl by trying to get over to the tree and pull the baubles off
45. knowing that his dad smelled like peppermint and his mum smelled like raspberries
46. hours spent in the kitchen while his mum brewed potions which smelled terrible but were full of interesting things to try and grab at
47. watching his dad work on the crossword in the mornings and playing peek-a-boo with the paper
48. eating toast in the mornings and getting jam hopelessly smeared in his face and cheeks and fingers and hair
49. hearing from his mum every day that he looked and acted just like his dada
50. hearing from his dad every day that he looked and acted just like his mummy
Sketches of a ‘what if Ahsoka went into hiding on Alderaan as a refugee during the Jedi purges, and meets Leia and secretly trains her as a Jedi?’ Star Wars AU idea by greenkaorichan. It’s been stuck in my head for days because it’s such an awesome idea, WE COULD HAVE HAD IT ALLLL
I was meaning to draw an epic dramatic Ahsoka/Leia meets Obi-Wan/Luke mentor-and-student team up for the last panel, but then I was like “you know, they would all have one thing in common… and form a 'Darth Vader ruined our lives’ support club” XD Vader could be an honorary member of this club too
Miscellaneous Clark Kent headcanons as relate to my little fic universe, that may or may not ever come up because who knows:
Little Clark was really susceptible to childhood superstitions for some reason. He didn’t go under ladders, he did the salt over the shoulder thing, he did not fuck with that Bloody Mary shit like NOPE I’M OUT THIS SLUMBER PARTY IS CANCELED, LANA GET OUT OF MY HOUSE AND TAKE YOUR MURDER GHOSTS WITH YOU. He believes that he is over this as an adult but whenever his foot is about to fall on a crack in the sidewalk it actually stops like a half inch above the ground and hovers there. He does not notice he is doing this. No one notices, ever, because it is the weirdest subtle unconscious thing in the world. At least Martha’s back is safe?
I covered the picky eater thing in Christmas in Kansas but to be more specific his tastebuds are just really sensitive to certain chemical compounds? Not just in terms of things he won’t eat but also in terms of things that he expects to be there and he doesn’t really like foods that lack those things. Your two options to make him eat anything are to cover it in sugar, or cover it in garlic.
He goes through a lot of breathmints. Can you imagine if Superman saved someone and they were like “man i appreciate being alive but he had some really bad garlic breath”? He would be so horrified.
He has a ratty, fucked-up old shirt that he wears whenever he is making pasta with red sauce. Even Superman cannot stand against the ability of red sauce to end up on whatever you happen to be wearing. HE WAS SO CAREFUL THIS TIME, HOW DID A STAIN END UP ON HIS BACK THAT JUST MAKES NO SENSE. Clark Kent’s weaknesses: kryptonite, tomato stains.
His ability to perfectly imitate anyone’s voice was one of the first things to manifest themselves, but this wasn’t the kind of thing anyone noticed was weird. It definitely didn’t seem like a power. He was just a small child who could do a really good Kermit the Frog. He sang Rainbow Connection at a middle school talent show and all the moms cried.
He definitely has a playlist to cheer himself up and get pumped and it has Eye of the Tiger and You’re the Best on it. Probably also half the Top Gun soundtrack.
Clark Kent’s twitter is pretty standard snarky newsman except with more farming memes. No one can tell how ironic the farming memes are. They might not be ironic at all. Clark Kent might be really sincere, or he might just be so ironic that he has circled back around into sincerity. No one knows. He’s also really good at that thing where you retweet two things from a person that side-by-side reveal they are a dingus. I don’t know if there’s a word for that.
His Snapchat is all dogspotting, with occasional rare dance breaks. He’s a pretty good dancer since he found those YouTube tutorials. He does this thing with his hips that Lois finds deeply upsetting for reasons she cannot articulate.
Jimmy asked Clark how he got so fit once and Clark was like “uh, farming. farm. eyup.” But he kept pressing for deets and Clark ended up just telling him that he’d pulled a Milo of Croton??? He lifted a newborn calf over his head and then just did that every single day until he was lifting a cow over his head. Jimmy knows nothing about farming or cows or physical fitness and this seemed plausible enough to him.
He has a blog where he posts rejected articles and it is the wonkiest thing in the entire world because that is why they got rejected. Perry takes one look at these articles and is like “it will take more words than I want to pay you for just to explain the setup for this article and also there are five people total who care, in the world, including you”
He has to be really careful when he buys clothes because he needs to make sure that they aren’t too tight and he has full range of motion. He does not want to relive The Skinny Jeans Incident. Shirts that say ‘I flexed and the sleeves fell off’ are only funny until it happens to you, then they are just horrible reminders. Popped seams everywhere. There is no way to explain that without looking like a huge tool.
Even when Superman has a really shitty day he keeps it together until he gets home, but then he shuts the balcony door and peels off his costume and Clark does the Tina Belcher groan for like ten minutes while he takes a shower because he got covered in sewer mutant or space crab or god knows and UUUUUUUUUUGH. Fortunately the nice older lady in the apartment next door always seems to know when he has had a shitty day and she brings him pie.
She can hear his melodramatic bullshit from over at her place, that’s how she knows. They share a bathroom wall and it practically echoes. If she times it right he will answer the door before he has put a shirt on because he doesn’t want to leave her waiting in the hall. She does not know what his day job is and it definitely does not occur to her that he is Superman because her primary interaction with him is that he acts like a whiny bitch and she brings him pie so she can ogle him. She is a simple woman who enjoys life’s simple pleasures.
The Kryptonian language is really complicated in terms of tonality, context, word order, musicality, etc, and the written language reflects that. Things like the order things are in, how things overlap, colors, etc, are all important. So basically I really like the idea of his symbol being one that represents his family name and says that he is of the House of El. It’s really just basically his last name.
If Starfleet gets to have replicators then Krypton gets to have replicators and Jor-El definitely stuck one in the ship so his son would have, you know, food and clothing. But only Kryptonians can use their tech because they’re who the neural interface is designed for so whoops they got real lucky that Kryptonian babies love milk from Earth goats. Clark only started using the replicator later but it only knows how to make Kryptonian things and only some of those are useful to him.
Okay so here is where I tie those last two bullet points into something fucking dumb that you will take out of my cold dead hands: Clark got the costume out of the replicator. It didn’t necessarily understand what he wanted though? Like, the concept of a costume didn’t really translate, but it got the idea that he wanted an active uniform, so that is what it made. It’s brightly colored and has his last name on the front. Clark is wearing a Kryptonian football jersey is what I’m getting at. Later Kara will be VERY confused by this. Imagine ending up on an alien planet and meeting your cousin and he’s been fighting crime dressed like a quarterback.
Most telepathy does not work because different neural patterns. Diana can only manage it if she uses her lariat and even then it’s like trying to lasso a freight train that does not stop. It’s extremely disorienting. J'onn has just accepted that Superman can hear him but he’s not going to get anything back. It’s like the psychic equivalent of a dial tone for him. He’s trying to call his bro but their family has dialup. He tries not to fuck with it because he doesn’t want to poke around in Superman’s head blind and break something.
Clark can’t type with super speed because he’ll break the keyboard and the computer can’t keep up. Instead he uses shorthand along with a custom set of AutoHotKey macros and it is honestly infuriating how fast he can get things written with this setup. But also if he doesn’t have AutoHotKey on whatever he’s typing with then sometimes Lois will get an email like: ll] dyk f pw mde a dec wrt t $l stry? ]ck
A woman was told by her therapist to try talking to at least one person once a week but she decided to cheat by just talking to her empty apartment under the guise of telling Superman about her day because lol he can hear everything allegedly so this definitely counts and is what the doctor was going for with this. When she has to go to the hospital for a medical emergency she comes home and there is a note on her counter wherein Superman explains that he was worried because he hadn’t heard from her in a while, so he swung by to check on her. When he found out what happened he watered her plants and fed her goldfish and also that cat that he thought might be hers (she does not have a cat). She is completely mortified because she was just being full of shit she did not actually believe he could hear her oh god what all did she even say and whose cat is this???
Look if you are in Metropolis and you loudly say HEY SUPERMAN there is a very good chance he will hear it even if he doesn’t mean to. He is not trying to eavesdrop, that’s just what happens when you yell someone’s name in earshot.
He doesn’t wear the costume under his clothes because you may have noticed a running theme here where the universe is conspiring to ruin his clothes and leave him running around shirtless all the time. I mean thank god for the rest of us but he would rather not risk someone spilling their drink all over him somehow and suddenly his shirt is transparent and you can see the big S. It’s bad enough when it happens under ordinary circumstances. How often can one man get drinks spilled all over him? You would be shocked. Shocked. His eyes are up here, Lois.