Things i don’t like about the sims (3) community
keep in mind this is a general opinion formed by what i’ve seen happen in this community over the 5 years i’ve been here. this is not addressed to anyone specifically,but if you fit in the list you should second guess your actions to make this place just a tad friendlier :)
- people don’t give two shits about your stories. there’s usually the same 2 or 3 people who read your in-depth stories and comment nice things. the others don’t even bother liking if it’s more than 3 lines of text???
- nobody gives a damn about sims stories that dont include images: people apparently need images to enjoy a story. have you ever read an actual book? don’t judge a story just because it lacks visual stimulation. the writing will be worth your time.
- people don’t understand metaphors and deep posts. sometimes it’s really hard to express actual things through your posts,because people will either find it too complicated,too “over edited” or too sensitive
- about sensitive content, sometimes people fail to tag stuff perfectly and people jump straight into anon hate instead of NICELY letting them know they should add a trigger tag or w/e makes them happy. like why can’t you be nice about it instead of sending anons?
- people assume that if you don’t have good quality posts you’re shit and you don’t deserve anything: you.are.a.hypocrite.YOU were once new and YOU were the same.
- the “popular”simblrs idea still flows through the community after years and years, even if many big simblrs decided to be nice and open up to people
- those who don’t bother responding but complain nobody talks to them: if you didn’t take a hiatus every 5 seconds because nobody liked your post, and responded to messages, you’d receive attention from people. engage to engage.
- people who complain about not having enough likes/comments/reblogs etc: you HAVE TO talk to people to have them be nice to you ! you can’t just expect people to flock to your blog and shower you with adoration. don’t expect people to just comment on your stuff and you can ignore them and that’s it. you make friends. you talk to people, you thank them, you comment on their posts. THIS is how you actually get involved in the community
- according to simblr, if you’re new you’re automatically stupid? why do we not give chances to new people?why do we only follow 3 people and only message 2 and then complain nobody talks to us? help others join in, involve them in the community,COLLAB with people, chat with them. ENGAGE TO ENGAGE
- “SEND ME ASKS!!! ASK ME THINGS!!!” but you never bother to send the person you reblogged it from an ask yourself. if you do that you’ll 100% sure get an ask from the previous poster. don’t be an ass
- people who come to your blog,reblog your entire cc tag and never engage again: WHY? do you just come for cc?? you could take 3 seconds of your life to scroll through the first 5-10 posts of that person’s blog and send them some nice words of encouragement or leave them some notes instead of just running away?
- every time a new project happens 700+people reblog,comment,like etc but nobody actually ends up joining??? and if they DO join, they go inactive. like??can you NOT???or if you go inactive could you at least just tell the owner of the project? you know, someone just like you is out there managing a project on their own(or with a team!) but you can’t be bothered to do that?rude
- we all have personal lives and it is normal to take breaks, hiatus-es and so on,but it would be great if you leave to simply make a post about it. so many people go completely inactive or disappear and it worries others, maybe something happened to them?maybe they have issues? some people DO care and they would talk to you if you left/took a break
- responding to anon hate,reblogging drama, publicly calling out people, posting about “not caring about simsecret”. ALL THESE THINGS add up to the HATE in this community. if y’all stopped , deleted those anons, avoided reblogging drama, ignored callouts and sorted it privately then this community WOULD be a better,cleaner place. trust me, i know!
- catfishing,spamming the tags, begging for attention,asking for reblogs/promos: we are not 5 y/os anymore. stop being a fucking ignorant ass. it’s 2017 and y’all still do this. calm down.
- ignoring people reaching out to you: LISTEN if you do this you’re a fucking asshole. people who kindly,politely,nicely reach out to you for something you did wrong or w/e are people who DO care and who want to sort things out in a civil way. if you ignore them and even respond negatively nothing will come out of it. don’t be a fucking twat
- do you not like someone? FUCKING BLOCK THEM. this is all you have to do. nothing more or less.stop spreading ddrama,hate, saving message screenshots. be fucking mature.
- people who post stuff just to fish compliments and dont ever bother responding or giving back love: you suck
- “my askbox is full”nah, you’re either lazy or just really busy(which is understandable!) but being lazy about responding to people is just rude to me, maybe it’s just me. maybe.
- the hateful anons: go suck an egg and chill out: this is a game and everyone does whatever they want with it.
- people who care 0 for your ocs but they believe they are entitled to receive worshiping over theirs: can you calm down and realize what you’re doing?
- “My dash is empty!!! everyone is dead!!!” there’s over 10 thousand people in this community who post every day. Do yourself a favor and follow more people if you want a full dash at all times. Click me Click me 2
- To those tho can’t be bothered to leave a heart on simfileshare: you don’t deserve the cc you’re getting for FREE form people who put hours into their work.
- “BIG simblrs dont talk to me!!” they do. you’re just not messaging the right people ;) not all ‘big’ simblrs are rude ;)
- people only care about cc. post a picture and it gets no notes, but post cc and it spreads like wildfire. what is wrong with you all??