Avatar Headcanons #1
Aang Era Headcanons
- Zuko was very involved in the rebuilding of the Southern Water Tribe.
- Zuko apologized to Gran Gran about what he did during the first two ATLA episodes…destroying the village, and dragging her out of the crowd etc…he was kind of embarrassed but pleasantly surprised when Gran Gran accepted his apology.
- After the war, Zuko taught the Fire Nation how not to rely on hate and anger for their firebending drive, and basically created a golden age for the Fire Nation founded on peace.
- This is also why lightningbending is so prevalent in LOK (will also post about that later).
- Zuko learned to lightningbend.
- As he aged, Zuko incorporated more waterbending forms into his bending style. Iroh was impressed.
- Zuko, and Aang had at least one flying bison v dragon race.
- When Izumi was around 10, she asked her father if she could visit Ozai in prison. Zuko refused–and Izumi visited Ozai anyway.
- Zuko was furious, but Mai and Iroh insisted that it wasn’t too bad of an idea for Izumi to visit her grandfather.
- Izumi’s line about “nonsense wars” was a direct result of Izumi’s interactions with Ozai.
- Both izumi, Iroh II, asked abou Zuko’s scar when they were young. When it was Iroh II’s turn…they were at a gathering and Izumi was incredibly embarrassed about the whole thing, but Zuko laughed it off and told his grandson–and anyone who cared to listen–the story of his scar.
- Assuming Iroh II was born shortly after Iroh I’s death, and assuming that Izumi is anywhere from 50-60, Iroh could have died when Izumi was between the age of 10 and 20. So profound was his effect on her that she named her son after him.
- Katara and Tenzin showed Korra’s family the Southern Air Temple when Korra was a young girl. Taking a stroll with Tenzin, she overheares Korra say Aang’s name. Looking in her direction, she sees Senna kneel down to ask her how she knew Aang’s name. Katara smiles.
- Korra penguin sledding while Katara watches.
Korra Era Headcanons
- After Jinorra’s ceremony, Zuko approached Jinorra and mentioned how much she resembles Aang, and commented that her grandfather would be proud.
- By now, the Fire Nation throne room looks a lot like it did before Sozin began the war, but with two dragons (Ran, and Shaw) behind the throne instead of just one.
- Iroh II will name his son Zuko after his grandfather, finally enabling Iroh and Zuko’s relationship to go full circle with Zuko going from being Iroh’s surrogate son to his biological son.
- On the next coming of Sozin’s Comet, there will be huge ceremony in the Fire Nation celebrating the 100th anniversary of the end of the 199 Years War.
- There will be a Ozai v Aang reenactment…Meelo will naturally volunteer to be Ozai despite being unable to firebend.
- Bumi and Iroh II are total bros the same way Sokka and Zuko were.
- Iroh sometimes gets sick of Bumi’s shit though.
- Korra visited Kuvira in prison on multiple occasions.
- I doubt anyone besides Kataang’s kids know that Zhao’s in the Fog of Lost Souls…but, it would be interesting if Zuko found out. The Ocean Spirit killed Zhao because he’s the one that killed the Moon–but imagine Zuko thinking about how different things could have been.
- Imagine, instead of seeing Zhao in the Fog…we saw Book 1 Zuko. Imagine all the pain, and anguish that would haunt him in the Fog. On top of that, imagine Book 1 Zuko in the Fog while knowing how the prime timeline plays out.
- “I must capture the Avatar to restore my honor…father, I am your loyal son…”
- Heartbreaking, really, when you know how things actually end.
- Korra visited Katara after the LOK finale and thanked her for everything.
Red Lotus Headcanons
- During his travels, Aang met a young man with a strong interest in Air Nomad traditions. Impressed, Aang fed the man’s thirst for knowledge and shared with him various Air Nomad teachings, even encouraging him to join the White Lotus. Eventuallyu, Zhaeer learned about Guru Laghima, and had regular debates with Aang about world philosophies.
- Even though the two disagreed with each other, they both enjoyed their philosophical debates. After Aang’s death, Zaheer met Xai Bau…and you all know how the story goes from there.
- Sokka rescued Korra, but died when he failed to swing his boomerang at P’Li in time.
- Boomerang did not come back that day.
Zuko-Iroh Reunion Headcanons
- Zuko takes his grandchildren to meet with Iroh (I keep thinking he’d go alone for the first time, but he can’t just go without Iroh. And Honora Jr. would probably come too since we know she exists).
- The Iroh-Zuko reunion is more heartwarming than the Zuko-Iroh reunion in ATLA.
- Iroh, knowing Zuko, will constantly expect Zuko to ask him to return to the mortal world with him, but is surprised when Zuko doesn’t ask him anything of the sort. If he does implore why Zuko didn’t ask that, Zuko will tell Iroh that he realizes what the consequences and implications of Iroh’s choice were, making Iroh smile before giving his nephew one last hug.
- Zuko tells his grandkids Uncle’s favorite tea joke on their way to see him, and neither of them find it funny for whatever reason–Iroh II especially.
- Iroh makes Zuko ginseng tea, Zuko’s favorite.
Sex Related Headcanons
- I really dislike Zutara, and think it’s illogical, but I’m on board with the idea of old, widowed Zuko and Katara hooking up if only because I want Maikos kids and Kataangs kids to constantly walk in on them for no reason but to create awkward moments. Also, I’ve pretty much headcanoned older kinky Katara thanks to some comic strips (said comics are actually about Korra), and besides the pairing here would at least make sense and it’s kind of cute. Alas, it would probably never happen–but, meh.
Tenzin: Walks in on Zuko, and Katara WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE!?
Katara: Uhh…Zuko was showing me his honor/dragon?
Izumi: Hey where’d our parents go? All I see are two leath–OH FOR RAAVA’S SAKE!
- I always joke about how reports of erectile dysfunction disorder decrease dramatically among the Water Tribe population during the full moon, but let’s head canon it!
- Kyoshi gives excellent sex advice…or, rather, did until Korra’s connection with her past lives was disconnected.