One of my favorite scenes.
- Miss Bingley: I believe I can guess your thoughts at this moment.
- Mr. Darcy: I should imagine not.
- Miss Bingley: You are thinking how insupportable it would be to spend many evenings in such tedious company.
- Mr. Darcy: No, indeed, my mind was more agreeably engaged. I've been meditating on the very great pleasure which a pair of fine eyes in the face of a pretty woman can bestow.
- Miss Bingley: And may one dare ask whose the eyes that inspire these reflections?
- Mr. Darcy: Miss Elizabeth Bennet's.
- Miss Bingley: Miss Elizabeth Bennet. I am all astonishment.