You know where I called “bullshit” lately, in the context of Dean/Cas? When I was rewatching “The Rapture” a month or two ago - when we met Jimmy Novak.
Because Jimmy Novak is a character that HAS NO SEXUAL TENSION OR CHEMISTRY WITH DEAN WHATSOEVER. None. Nada. Their interactions are completely flat. If anything, he would punch him in the face and run away, but it’s not even personal, he would punch anybody. There is no spark between Misha and Jensen when they are Dean and Jimmy.
Which means that the romantic tension of Dean and Cas is of course helped by the natural chemistry the actors have, but it means that Misha IS ABSOLUTELY CAPABLE OF ACTING AGAINST JENSEN, AND NOT MAKE IT ABOUT UST.
Which means, this romantic/sexual tension is not Misha and Jensen, it is a part of Cas’ character and his relationship with Dean. It’s an acting CHOICE.
Dean has that with every version of Cas that is still Cas. BAMF!Cas. Human!Cas. Emmanuel!Cas. Crazy!Cas. Endverse!Cas. God!Cas.
He doesn’t have that with Lucifer!Cas or Leviatan!Cas, it is harder to see though, because these are predatory characters that are charismatic villains.
But Jimmy is the only character that really has NOTHING to do with Cas. He is a different person. And the chemistry is gone, like it was never there. But the moment Misha becomes Cas again (even brainwashed one) it’s back. Like magic.
Kudos to Misha for his acting, middle finger to everybody (actors, producers) who has been gaslighting us for the last nine seasons, telling us we’ve been seeing things.
Thank you. Thank you! Knowing you, it’s been the best part of my life. And the things we’ve shared together, they have changed me. You’re my family. I love you. I love all of you. Just please, please, don’t make my last moments be spent watching you die. Just run, save yourselves!
1. If Dean and Cas touch, something simple like a shoulder pat or an arm grab, take a drink.
2. If either of them licks their lips while staring at each other, take a drink.
3. Every time they say each other’s names, take a drink.
4. If they hug, take two drinks.
5. If there is face cradling, take two drinks.
6. Every time they stare longingly into each other’s eyes, drink until they stop.
7. If they kiss, FINISH YOUR FUCKING DRINK AND RUN SCREAMING THROUGH THE STREETS.