Welcome to Night Vale
(concerning the rips in reality and Huntokar)
1 - Pilot
- A commercial airliner flying through local airspace disappeared today, only to reappear in the Night Vale Elementary gymnasium… before it could strike any players or structure, it vanished again. This time, apparently, for good. (obviously, current problem with the rips in reality)
- Lights. Seen in the sky above the Arby’s…we’ve caught on to their game. We understand the “lights above Arby’s” game.Invaders from another world.Ladies and gentlemen, the future is here, and it’s about 100 feet above the Arby’s.
- (also noteworthy - a bowling ball once fell into Mini Vale. Poor town probably got wrecked.)
2 - Glowcloud
- Sorry, listeners. Not sure what happened in that earlier section of the broadcast – as in I actually don’t remember what happened. Tried to play back the tapes, but they’re all blank, and smell faintly of vanilla. (we know that some of cecil’s memories that he doesn’t remember are in fact from AUs but i’m not sure with this one, especially with the vanilla thing - i don’t think it was ever resolved? or was it the man in the tan jacket or somethin)
3 - Station Management
- Our little town is lit, too, by lights just above that we cannot explain.
- Larry Leroy, out on the edge of town, reported that a Creeping Fear came into Night Vale today… It did not affect Old Woman Josie, presumably because of her angelic protection … I myself was frozen, sure that any movement would lead to death; that any word would be my last.
4 - PTA Meeting
- …a rift in space-time split open in the Main Street Recreation Center Auditorium, setting loose several confused and physically aggressive pteranodons.
- Several curious handball players in the court next to the auditorium actually popped their heads into the portal… aged several thousand years in what bystanders experienced as only a few seconds. Those handball players now straddle the unenviable border of millennially wizened and cripplingly insane. (i wonder if they know something about the recent reality rips?)
- … either prehistoric or alternate-universe Night Vale.
- The creature’s lifeless body was found a dozen yards outside of the Dog Park entrance, stripped of all flesh, and with most of the organs inverted and strung around its exposed skull like an old fashioned soft meat crowns, as worn by the 18th century religious leaders who settled our fair burgh.
- (iunno, might be huntokar? i mean what would tear a thing to shreds and make soft meat crowns out of its organs)
5 - The Shape in Grove Park
- The moon’s weird though, right? It’s there, and there, and then suddenly it’s not. And it seems to be pretty far up. It is watching us? If not, what is it watching instead? Is there something more interesting than us? Hey, watch us moon! We may not always be the best show in the universe, but we try. (obviously, echoed by Mini Vale in The Missing Sky)
6 - The Drawbridge
- [after a blackout] ….when the lights came back on, they felt that perhaps they were different people – their memories and identities were the same as always, but suddenly felt like costumes that didn’t fit exactly. As though it all were actually brand new to them. As though they had been switched out with someone who was exactly like them. As though all that was familiar would ever after be strange.
7 - History Week
- [prediction for year 2052:] The City Council will reveal its true form and eat half of Night Vale’s population
- Approval ratings for the mayor will hover in the low 40s…which will be surprising, as there will have been no mayor for over thirty years.
- (ummm i dunno how long mayors are supposed to reign in Night Vale, but by 2022, there will be no more mayor? dana’s term started in 2015, so in 7 years there will no longer be a mayor. even if this has nothing to do with year 5 yet, i’m still worried)
8 - The Lights in Radon Canyon
- [referring to Mini Vale] …every window of the city is now glowing both day and night.
- (the beginning of the Night Vale - Mini Vale war, i’m guessing. teddy williams started it or…?)
- (also the lights in the canyon itself)
9 - PYRAMID
- [message of the Pyramid:] “I will place within some of you questions. Within others, I will place answers. These questions and these answers will not always align. The questions I provide may have no answers, and the answers I provide may have no questions. I will study the effects of these questions, and these answers. Some of you will hurt others, and others will heal. Grow my seeds inside you, and let them flower.”
- (??????? I WANT TO BE GIVEN ANSWERS DUDE)
11 - Wheat and Wheat By-Products
- idk if Apache Tracker suddenly turning Native American is reality-rip-worthy but
- …Angels have gathered in a circle in her living room, blocking her view of the television. They are shoulder-to-shoulder, facing each other, radiant with holy light.“The Bowling Alley,” they are chanting. “The Bowling Alley.“
12 - The Candidate
- the unholy voice of Old Scratch himself (idk who Old Scratch is but might be noteworthy)
- [referring to noisy sunsets]… only Old Town residents have reported hearing these inconceivable noises
13 - A Story About You
- …a vision came to you. You saw above you a planet, of awesome size, lit by no sun. An invisible titan, all thick black forests and jagged mountains and deep turbulent oceans.
- (note: You did NOT LIVE IN NIGHT VALE when they got this vision. They then drove to Night Vale afterwards, and even then found the town by accident)
- You move wooden crates from one truck to another while a man in a suit silently watches. It is a different man each time. Sometimes the crates tick. Mostly, they do not.
- [about the crate] It’s warm, warmer than the air around it. It smells sharp and earthy, like freshly ground cinnamon. And when you put your ear against the rough warm wood, you hear a soft humming – an indistinct melody.
- (while driving, You feels the Dark Planet Lit By No Sun again)
- Apache Tracker’s warnings:
1 - You are in danger. 2 - They’re coming. 3- They will come from below. Pies will not help.
- (the crate has grown even warmer)
- [about crate] It pulses with some kind of life.
- …pulls out of it an intricate miniature house…inside the house you think you see for a moment, lights and movement.
- [about DPLBNS]: A monster. Spinning. Soundless. Forgotten. It’s so close now. You see it just above you. Maybe even if you tried very hard, you could touch it.
14 - The Man in the Tan Jacket
- (first mention of Huntokar)
- (assumption of a Child King ruling Mini Vale, but this is probably wrong….or very right. toss up)
- (also, Teddy records footage from Mini Vale)
- …the Angel said that the Man in the Tan Jacket with the deerskin suitcase was from a place underneath the earth.
- (I AM GOING TO START SCREAMING)
- (IS MINI VALE KING CITY??? IS KING CITY MINI VALE???? IS THIS WHY MITTJ WAS ABLE TO FIND NIGHT VALE BECAUSE HE WAS FROM AN ALTERNATE VERSION IN THE FIRST PLACE?)
16 - The Phone Call
- (SSP telling everyone to prep for war, presumably against Mini Vale)
- (also we are presented The List)
18 - The Traveler
- (time traveler who wears a Desert Bluffs marching band uniform [which has not been worn since The Incident - presumably Strexcorp takeover; see Triptych] who presumably saved Night Vale many times before?)
- Perhaps he has leaped again through the stream of time, or passed to an alternate dimension created by the changes he has made to our world.
- nothing remained of The Traveler except for a pile of indescribable buttons from his uniform
19A and B (Night Vale and Desert Bluffs)
- (larry leroy possibly already knew about doubles pre-sandstorm, but you know this probably isn’t relevant to year five)
- (a vortex opened, leading cecil to DB and kevin to NV; i have no idea if the vortex was sanstorm-created or reality-rip thing. most likely a reality-rip thing because kevin has travelled to NV via vortex several times, and there was no sandstorm - see The Debate and The Investigators)
21 - A Memory of Europe
- (Teddy Williams has created a 24/7 barricade around the entrance to Mini Vale)
- I don’t remember having a traveling partner before or after Svitz. Who was he? Who knows? It all seemed perfectly normal at the time. (obviously not his brother Cal from 108; alt reality bleed or…?)
- Eventually I was knocked out on one of our falls and when I awoke, it was in a different country. I had aged by years, and no one I talked to knew where the country of Svitz was, or even had heard of it. (def alt reality or something)
- [Simone Rigadeau]: The world ended three or four decades ago. I don’t know what this thing is that we’re living in, but it’s not the world. Scientists won’t investigate it because they’re not real.
- (LISTEN TO ME)
- (IN EVERY ALTERNATE REALITY WE HAVE BEEN PRESENTED, THERE IS NO CARLOS AND THERE ARE NO SCIENTISTS)
- (’SCIENTISTS ARE NOT REAL’)
- (there’s a monster in Franchia)
24 - The Mayor
- (Mini Vale residents presumably made the Desert Flower Boeling Alley’s jukebox continuously play Mister Brownstone. this ep has an ad for the Brownstone spire)
25 - One Year Later
- (hhhgngngnpppffttt remember when cecil got carlos a trophy)
- a commercial airliner appeared today inside the home of surprised Night Vale citizen Becky Canterbury
- (i mean there’s so many things from this ep but basically, Mini Vale already was plotting a war against us and Teddy had set up a barricade against it; after this i guess Mini Vale just got full-scale destroyed, i think)